It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama to tweet live at 2 p.m. ET today 7-6-11

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   
In the latest White House social media foray, Twitter will enter the East Room.
BTW The president will not be held to Twitter's 140-character limit. White House Press Secretary Jay Carney said, "He's the leader of the free world. He decides how short his answers will be."

so here's your chance to tweet the Prez...

Click here to Tweet with Obama

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   
How risky! With all the "hacking" going of late you would think the President would be carefull as to how much activity he has on the internet.

Well hopefully its just a simple tweet with the typical address blah blah. But if something does happen in the sense of hacking, then this is gonna blow up.

Patriot Act Part Duex

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   
I hope he gets a lot of crotch shots sent his way.

Seems like the "hip" thing to tweet these days.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   
oh for cryin out loud, the president is tweeting!?

this confirms i am exhisting in the early parts of the film idiocracy.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   
do you honestly think obama will be sitting there writing tweets? this is just another propaganda tool...

and leader of the free world..
what a joke...

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   

"He's the leader of the free world. He decides how short his answers will be."

nooo.... hes the president of a country.

Since when has the president been the "leader of the (...free...) world"

creeps me out.
edit on 6-7-2011 by OUNjahhryn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   
This should be a fun time for IARPA.

I've been looking into this organization recently and it's a bit disturbing. A brief synopsis of their Metaphor Program:

The Metaphor Program will exploit the fact that metaphors are pervasive in everyday talk and reveal the underlying beliefs and worldviews of members of a culture. In the first phase of the two-phase program, performers will develop automated tools and techniques for recognizing, defining and categorizing linguistic metaphors associated with target concepts and found in large amounts of native-language text. The resulting conceptual metaphors will be validated using empirical social science methods. In the second phase, the program will characterize differing cultural perspectives associated with case studies of the types of interest to the Intelligence Community.

So, get the President on Twitter and they will have sorts of material to work with.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by DaddyBare

"He's the leader of a fascist state. He decides how short his hair will be."
Corrected the quote for everyone.
edit on 26/10/2010 by TechUnique because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaddyBare
BTW The president will not be held to Twitter's 140-character limit. White House Press Secretary Jay Carney said, "He's the leader of the free world. He decides how short his answers will be."

One rule for them, another for everyone else. Yet another example of US government arrogance. Not that another example is needed.

st.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   
leader of the free world my A&&e more like a war mongering idiot intent on setting the world on fire he has no respect in england as far as I am aware most I talk to think he is a laughing stock it is you the people of america I feel sorry for being inflicted to such an out right incompetent fool but not much better here if any at all in england looks like where in the same boat

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Who really cares what this guy has to say anymore? We already know that it won't be Obama himself sitting at the computer typing his thoughts one letter at a time. It will be his "office" that does it and the messages will be reviewed and polished before being sent out. The white house will treat it like a mini press conference.

Although I will be interested to see if they allow comments on the blog... Moderated of course but my gut is telling me there won't be a single negative comment allowed through, the white house has an image to uphold after all... That is, "Everything is fine, dancing with the puppets starts in 5 minutes!"

Yeah... If I had a chance to punch Obama in the mouth I'd have at it. Then I'd send Jay Carney's teeth down his throat for suggesting Obama is my leader in my "free" world. What a rooster bag!

I hope every hacker in the world goes after his twitter. How come we don't have any Monica Lewinsky's step up too the plate and take one for the team? The douche is young, fit, rich, powerful... He must be feeding rooster meat sandwiches to hot interns somewhere! WHERE?!

-Lightrule
edit on 6-7-2011 by Lightrule because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Who the heck tweets?

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   
I've strayed away from all 'Social Mediums' save for this site,

O'BOMB'a doing this 'Tweet' business is truly Embarrassing, nothing else better to do then 'Tweet' and Commence Illegal Wars Assassinations, and Invasions

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Misterlondon

yes I heard when he came in he immediately made sure he had an auto cue for interviews can't find it so cannot support but surely the guy running the country must be able to shoot from the hips as they say . so if he has an auto-cue who is telling him what to say hmm?

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   
I'm confused is this one of those bird call competitions? Did they say what species he was going to mimic? sounds kind of interesting yet pointless, better than starting another war I guess...

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by vermonster
oh for cryin out loud, the president is tweeting!?

this confirms i am exhisting in the early parts of the film idiocracy.

For a moment, I thought I might be the only one.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by bauldrick
leader of the free world my A&&e more like a war mongering idiot intent on setting the world on fire he has no respect in england as far as I am aware most I talk to think he is a laughing stock it is you the people of america I feel sorry for being inflicted to such an out right incompetent fool but not much better here if any at all in england looks like where in the same boat
They invented this really cool thing called the comma recently.You should investigate it.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by brindle

soz fella the education system in blighty is well ****** only joking kids biting at my heals lol, anyway had another thought saw a thread on here claiming sister is a indonesian muslim, maybe someone should ask him how she is doing

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   
The POTUS on Twitter. Even typing that out makes my stomach turn. This is just another idiotic undertaking by an idiotic administration pandering to the idiots that use the tech. What a huge waste of time and taxpayer dollars. Way to go Barry. You just keep on racking up those "daily stupid" points, fellow.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Here is the results of this first ever Tweet with the Prez... He surly had a lot of coaching when you remember he's only been tweeting for a couple of weeks now

I will say that while he was tossed some tough questions but you can tell both those questions and his answers were pre-scripted... he was never caught off guard nor were there any questions one would consider embarrassing to his admin.... I give it a 10 as a PR spin... but maybe a 1 1/2 as for real answers to solve our multitude of issues
edit on 7-7-2011 by DaddyBare because: (no reason given)

top topics

join