It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Attention ATS lynch mob! (Regarding Casey Anthony case.)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Attention ATS lynch mob!

I understand that most of you are upset over the Casey Anthony verdict yesterday. I know a lot of you wanted to see her go to jail for life, or be sent to death. I suggest you take a look in the mirror today and take a fresh look at yourself. Are you any better than her for wishing such a thing on another human being? In my opinion, you are just as bad as her for seeking this kind of vengeance. The justice system in this country has played its part. There is nothing we can do about it now. There are a lot more important things going on in this world that are way more important than this case. Its done and over with; its best to just move forward and look at the problems we face around us. The best we can do is lead by example and not to sink so low!

Please remember that cases like this bring the worst out of people... even if Casey was guilty on all counts. There would still be a mob mentality... ready to stick a fork in her. Just take a breath, relax and move forward.

Here is the main Verdict Thread. There are a lot of pig headed replies on this thread and some who make great sense of things but overall there is a lot of negativity there. We must lead by example and not fall into the herd mentality and not blindly lose ourselves in rage and discontent from the end result. If we are to evolve, and grow up as a people, we need to learn on how to keep our composure in tough times... Just look at all of us. We cannot let our ego's get ahead of ourselves. If you want to make a change for the better in the future... Learn from what you have experienced and don't let yourselves be caught up in the mayhem and fallout from this case. Its almost impossible to have a clear mind when you're full of rage. Its great to vent, but to wish death on another human being is wrong. an eye for an eye mentality will not make us better, it will only make us sink to the level of the individual who commits such acts.

Thanks for reading... Discuss if you may.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by ugie1028

So why do you bring it up again and get everyone fired up all over???
I don't get it...

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 08:56 AM
link   

the simple truth is, for whatever reason, they simply couldn't prove it beyond a shadow of a doubt. I don't necessarily agree that she is innocent, but at least, as others have mentioned, it does show that in some cases the justice system works. I guess it's just coincidence that she was a well off Caucasian. I'm sure a poor minority would have been found innocent as well.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 08:58 AM
link   
I guess you couldn't post that in one of the 4 thousand other CA threads? Hell, maybe they should create a dedicated topic to it

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Soldier of God

No, this isn't to get people fired up. They are already fired up. The jury/media already made sure of that.

I made this thread in hopes that some people come to their senses and realize that wishing for her death is only reducing them to her level. thats the only point im trying to make here.
edit on 7/6/2011 by ugie1028 because: changed jury to jury/media... (Meaning i edited for clarity.)

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 09:03 AM
link   

You could have made that point in one of the other threads. Trust me this thread will just be a carbon copy of the others.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 09:05 AM
link   
reply to post by TXRabbit

well if that was the case, then (For example.) with so many birther threads... why isn't there a dedicated forum just for that? this is a discussion board. There are many topics that should have their own dedicated forum. I don't think this topic should though.

reply to post by phishyblankwaters

Agreed.
edit on 7/6/2011 by ugie1028 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 09:06 AM
link   
IMO, CA's guilt or innocence is irrelevant. What IS relevant is that the prosecution made a poor decision to move forward with a trial without any evidence pointing to a cause of death. With no evidence to prove the death was a homicide, this trial was open and shut before it ever started. In this case the jury arrived at the correct verdict and I applaud them for not letting their passion prejudice their duty to follow the jury instructions.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 09:09 AM
link   

The mob mentality is exactly why I haven't read a thing on it or paid attention to any of this stuff.

The media likes to make everything a circus and the public eats it up.
I don't even know what she looks like or any of the details of this case and i don't want to.

Whether she is guilty or not doesn't affect my life in any way so why would I even give it the time of day?
I have other things more important to worry about and i always feel like a sucker for paying attention to crap like this.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 09:09 AM
link   
It saddened me, and I think the jury, once they do some research, may regret thier decision.

As for casey, I forgave her a long time ago. Not for me or whoever, but for caylee. Caylee was innocent, a child, and casey was her mommy regardless. I think caylee would want the world to forgive her mommy. I dont think an almost 3 yr old child would be screaming for the death penalty, or anything else bad for her mother.

Thats my 2 cents. Take a penny, leave a pemny.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 09:13 AM
link   
reply to post by DrumsRfun

yes, the media played a substantial part in this case's visibility. there are tons of other issues that trump this case, yet we don't see people getting fired up over that.

This is why I posted this in the 'social issues' forum.
edit on 7/6/2011 by ugie1028 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by ugie1028
reply to post by DrumsRfun

yes, the media placed a substantial part in this case's visibility. there are tons of other issues that trump this case, yet we don't see people getting fired up over that.

This is why I posted this in the 'social issues' forum.

I think we are in agreement here.
The other thing that always gets me about cases like this is the outrage while forgetting that a prisons purpose is to rehabilitate people.(thats a whole other issue though)
Its amazing how society just wants to throw everyone in the same category as useless people who we should just give up on.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 09:20 AM
link   

It is over now and I believe that Casey killed her little
girl.There isn't anything we can do about it,verdict is
in and she walks.
Little Caylee is with the Lord and that is comforting.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 09:22 AM
link   

No, this isn't to get people fired up. They are already fired up. The jury already made sure of that.

I made this thread in hopes that some people come to their senses and realize that wishing for her death is only reducing them to her level. thats the only point im trying to make here.

What do you mean by "her level"? Is it your belief that she is guilty? Here's the deal, surely everyone on ATS can agree that we do not get the whole truth from the media. They feed us select info in order to push us to a conclusion that they (the media) favor. In the case of a trial such as this one, they want to play up the sensationalism of it and create a media frenzy, and what's more sensational than a young partying mother who kills her daughter so she can keep up her free-wheeling lifestyle? This is the story we've been fed, but I assure you it is NOT the truth because if it was then she would have been declared guilty. The fact that she was found not guilty indicates that the jury heard evidence that the media elected not to share with us, evidence that was sufficient to make them conclude that the sensationalist BS the media fed us is not factual. DO NOT BELIEVE THE MAINSTREAM MEDIA. It amazes me that practically all members of ATS live by this creed, but then call for this young lady to be hanged based on nothing more than the info that that very same MSM has spoon-fed us.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 09:24 AM
link   

No, this isn't to get people fired up. They are already fired up. The jury already made sure of that.

Correction: The MEDIA made sure of that.
That's the whole problem.

reply to post by SavedOne

Everyone please read the above post 6 times.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Its all about 'thinking' for yourself... remove the mainstream from your main view and draw your own lines to the conclusion you feel is right.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

Correction: The MEDIA made sure of that.
That's the whole problem.

again, the media played a BIG part.... the media basically poured gasoline over everything.... and the juries decision sparked the fire. (I should really change that to jury/media.) because... well they both played a part.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 09:31 AM
link   

The fact that she was found not guilty indicates that the jury heard evidence that the media elected not to share with us, evidence that was sufficient to make them conclude that the sensationalist BS the media fed us is not factual.

No, it indicated that the jury didn't hear enough evidence to prove her guilt beyond a shadow of a doubt. A jury isn't there to prove someone innocent, they are innocent until proven guilty. The prosecution simply didn't have a solid case. The media made damn sure that this woman couldn't get a fair trial anywhere, so the fact that they still did their job, amazes me.

Now personally, I'm pretty sure she did it going only on the actions she took in the 30 days the girl was "missing" the various stories and lies. Lets not forget the mother is the one who called the police saying "My daughter finally told me she's been missing for a month" as well as indicating that she smelt what could be the scent of a decaying body, in the trunk of her car. The mother later said this was only said to get the police to "hurry up".

That alone made up my mind, I guess it's good I've never been called for jury duty.

THAT said, I've never indicated a wish for her to be killed or what not. I do believe, and call me whatever you want, that she should be charged with something in relation to covering up the death, even if it was an accident.

A little girl lost her life, even if the family had nothing to do with the death, they, or atleast the mother, actively covered it up.

Let me ask you. What exact conditions would it take for you to take the dead body of your BABY, cover her mouth and face with duct tape, and dumb her body in the woods walking distance from the home. What exact scenario would it take for you to do that? I can't get my head around this.

It is disheartening to see the mob mentality though, including the people who would swarm outside the grandmothers house harassing and attacking them. Much like that church that protests funerals, I simply see nothing to gain from this.
edit on 6-7-2011 by phishyblankwaters because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by phishyblankwaters

the simple truth is, for whatever reason, they simply couldn't prove it beyond a shadow of a doubt. I don't necessarily agree that she is innocent, but at least, as others have mentioned, it does show that in some cases the justice system works. I guess it's just coincidence that she was a well off Caucasian. I'm sure a poor minority would have been found innocent as well.

Haha yea the justice system 'works'

Everyone keeps saying that but I'm pretty sure people have been convicted with less evidence against them. I know there is people that have been convicted with out a body.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 09:39 AM
link   

the media basically poured gasoline over everything.... and the juries decision sparked the fire.

I guess I'm looking at intent.
The jury's intent was to bring the most fair action possible to the case, not to inflame the public. The jury was doing their job without regard to the public's reaction.

The media's intent? To fire up the public and start a frenzied, furious outrage. And they succeeded.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join