It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A plea for objectivity - Masonry

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2004 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by AlexKennedy

Everyone who has the 14th degree will eventually get the 32nd degree, almost universially within a single year.

Everyone is an awfully inclusive word. I fully suspect this degree (14) has a rather special meaning and place within the ladder of degrees and may even serve as a bar beyond which some do not pass.

posted on Aug, 13 2004 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Ne, he meant what he wrote. In the US, you can get all the degrees in one weekend, or in two one day sessions on separate weekends. The SR degrees are not at all like the first three degrees in Masonry, so what he writes is true... unless the man dropped dead between one session and the next, if he got the 14th, he would receive the 32nd.

posted on Aug, 14 2004 @ 03:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by PublicGadfly
Everyone is an awfully inclusive word. I fully suspect this degree (14) has a rather special meaning and place within the ladder of degrees and may even serve as a bar beyond which some do not pass.

Sorry to be pissy, but it's 2 AM, and I (foolishly) decided to check ATS after my bedtime. But you don't know what you're talking about. Are you in the Scottish Rite? Because I am. I'm an officer in the Scottish Rite, and I have a fair idea about the 14th Degree and onwards.

If a man is considered acceptable to join the Scottish Rite, he is considered acceptable to receive all degrees (except, of course, the 33rd, which is given as an honourary degree). We don't even have a mechanism to give a person the 14th degree without giving them the 32nd.

P.S. Theron answered this correctly, I just wanted to back up what he said.

[edit on 14-8-2004 by AlexKennedy]

<< 1  2   >>

join