It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The (very) secret history of Area 51

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Source: www.independent.co.uk...

No one on the ground or in Pakistan's air defence spotted Area 51's latest toy as it kept watch on Osama bin Laden's compound in Abbottabad, Pakistan, on the night of the US raid that killed the Taliban leader.

Rather than one of the UFOs that the wilder fringes of the internet believe the military has stashed away at America's top-secret military site in Nevada, this "toy" was actually the latest Star Wars-type drone, or unmanned aerial vehicle (UAV), developed at the base whose existence Uncle Sam only barely admits.

Named the "Beast of Kandahar" after it was snapped at Kandahar air base in Afghanistan back in 2009, this stealthy grey batwing-shaped long-distance reconnaissance drone, officially known as the RQ-170 Sentinel, was a throwback to Area 51's golden age before the advent of the spy satellite put the spy plane out of business.

Thought this was cool, only because it was published in the independant from the UK.. I like seeing area 51 stuff in MSM, although you can pretty much be sure that a lot of it is disinfo.. BUT, still, if you are an area 51 person, definitely worth the read!

Funny how they tie in OBL death with these new types of drones... I guess every little thing they can do to make that whole fiasco of a lie seem more true.. at least to those who buy the MSM line

Also notice.. they call UFO peeps from the 'wilder finges' of the internet hahaha thats a lot nicer than what i've heard people call us before!

Anyways, check it out.. and your thoughts?!

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   
I'm always very interested in stuff about Area 51. I thought I read once long ago that the technology they possess there is 100's of years in advance...who knows. I also thought I watched a show on History channel about there being multiple levels of Area 51 and in those levels would completely blow your mind away. Like having Aliens harvested one level, hybrid animal/humans on another. Can't remember what else but man it was just a mindfreak when I watched that show.

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Nspekta

Here's a better feed. jalopnik.com... kill-bin-laden

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   
It's just a drone, big deal.

If that is now the hotest thing out of Area 51, they have a huge image problem.

Of course they have the X-37B OTV flying, but it's hardly stealthy.

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by ommadawn
It's just a drone, big deal.

If that is now the hotest thing out of Area 51, they have a huge image problem.

Agreed.. Disinfo from MSM and a little bit of a bonus to tie in OBL killing.. Imagine sneaking into A51? Just for like 20 min with a camera and access to a couple of the lower levels... damn. It's got to be tough working there... so much wicked and amazing tech yet you can't talk about it except to your coworkers...

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 07:37 PM
link   
It's a cool story and I could totally buy it as truth.

Reason why? Well, because I don't think Area 51 ever had alien tech or anything related to that, especially when the myths of such things started to increase about it. If they had a secret base with that kind of material inside, there's no way we even thought of it's existence, let alone have a few official and unofficial names as well as location for the base like we do with Groom Lake's facility.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 01:35 AM
link   
The RQ-170 was flown at the Tonopah Test Range. I have no idea if it was flown at Groom Lake. There was a blurb in the press about the 30th Reconnaissance Squadron formed at the TTR, then not a peep until the Beast of Kandahar was revealed.

Observing the TTR is not a big deal, You don't even have to hike to view it. But the area is remote, and just how long are you going to camp in the boonies to catch a glimpse of a UAV that probably flew at night. Case in point, I know half a dozen people that camped out at the TTR border when the 30th Recon was active (I assume it still is), and nobody saw a thing.

It is possible that there are ground control stations for the RS-170 at the TTR that are running operations in theater. UAVs are launched locally, but once in the air, any ground station can run one.

Predators and Reapers are run out of Creech. Many news articles say there are ground control stations at Nellis, but that could be confusion on the part of the press.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by gariac

I assume you are aware of this excellent site for real Area 51 photos and interpretation.

www.dreamlandresort.com...

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   
From my understanding Area 51 now works on projects that require a security clearence less than it has in the past. White sands is the place to look.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   
remember all great magic tricks are done with misdirection look here look here as whats really being done is not being seen by anyone. The goverment knows this and use this in there tactics to keep people missing the sigtings

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Nspekta

"if you are an Area 51 person"...

Nice tidbit! Thanks for sharing.

new topics

top topics

join