It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alien Cloaking

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2004 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Have you seen the movies Predator, Ghost in the Shell, or almost any sci-fi series? Then you know what is cloaking. This idea is very simple. If you project background image onto the masked object, you can observe the masked object just as if it were virtually transparent.

It is the bending of light around an object, or displaying the image behind an object on the other side, so as to give the illusion of there being nothing in the way. We're not quite there yet, but Tachi Lab has come up with a good start. Optical camouflage requires the viewer to be in position with a sensor. The illusion is broken if you are a few meters off the mark.

The United States military has also invested money in creating this type of technology. Though there is little evidence how far they have come with this tech so far.

My question is that if Aliens could come to earth wouldnt they be using this type of cloaking or a better version of it and we would never even see them unless they wanted to be seen?

Surely if a Alien race could master space travel this tech would be childs play for them. They would no doubt have a way more advanced versions of this stuff and pretty much be invisible.

Optical stealth

posted on Aug, 11 2004 @ 02:42 PM
link   
I already mentioned this.The Visitors can make themselves invisible.Project a false fron in front of you. Not perfect.You do see a bit of distortion.

posted on Aug, 11 2004 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by stgeorge
I already mentioned this.The Visitors can make themselves invisible.Project a false fron in front of you. Not perfect.You do see a bit of distortion.

Fortunately for us, all we have to do to cloak ourselves from them is by covering ourselves in mud. Thanks Arnold, for showing us the way!!!

posted on Aug, 11 2004 @ 02:56 PM
link   

where are you getting all your info? is this what you have learned 1st hand or is it something that you've read off the net.

posted on Aug, 11 2004 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Arnold as in Bennidict? Hold on thar! If the system is wrong,it is your patriotic duty to change it. Would you self sacrifice yourself in such a case?

I doubt it. You used to worship your Revolutionary heroes.

posted on Aug, 11 2004 @ 02:58 PM
link   
mpeake since you brought up that point, would a thermal image see right threw this cloaking. As seems to be the case with the footage released from Mexico no one saw them until they used the thermal imager.

Or would they have a high tech version of mud that would hide their Infa-red signature?

posted on Aug, 11 2004 @ 03:04 PM
link   
THAT, my friend, is cool. I want one.

posted on Aug, 11 2004 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Arnold as in Bennidict? Hold on thar! If the system is wrong,it is your patriotic duty to change it. Would you self sacrifice yourself in such a case?

I doubt it. You used to worship your Revolutionary heroes.

Are you joking?!?!?!? Arnold, the Govenor of CA. The one who fought the cloaked alien in "Predator".

posted on Aug, 11 2004 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowXIX
mpeake since you brought up that point, would a thermal image see right threw this cloaking. As seems to be the case with the footage released from Mexico no one saw them until they used the thermal imager.

Or would they have a high tech version of mud that would hide their Infa-red signature?

I guess if alien existence is possible, if cloaked aliens are possible, then detecting cloaked aliens by thermal imagers is possible too.

posted on Aug, 11 2004 @ 03:12 PM
link   
This cloak idea is not knew at all. I saw a show either discovery or TLC that showed a apc using this tech. I would not think that it would hide the thermal image-but what do I know.

posted on Aug, 11 2004 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Surely if a Alien race could master space travel this tech would be childs play for them. They would no doubt have a way more advanced versions of this stuff and pretty much be invisible.

Visiting aliens are definitely more intelligent then us and intelligent brains do not think of war or military stuff.

I am sure today this technology is available.

posted on Aug, 11 2004 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by WisdomMaster

Visiting aliens are definitely more intelligent then us and intelligent brains do not think of war or military stuff.

Cloaking wouldnt have to be military at all. When humans study a animal they often use blinds/camo as to not disturb the animal they are watching. If you wanted to observe something without interfering hiding yourself could be very handy.

Humans just have a way of thinking how stuff like this could be good for the military.

posted on Aug, 11 2004 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by WisdomMaster

Cloaking wouldnt have to be military at all. When humans study a animal they often use blinds/camo as to not disturb the animal they are watching. If you wanted to observe something without interfering hiding yourself could be very handy.

Humans just have a way of thinking how stuff like this could be good for the military.

yes, after being influence by 20 episodes of star trek, watchin the good guys getting there asses kicked by a cloaking enemy.

posted on Aug, 11 2004 @ 05:12 PM
link   
High tech mud!!!!

Bending light is hard, however capturing and projecting light is easy, the first cloaking methods will be capture and project probably.

posted on Aug, 12 2004 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Why are you going on about sci-fi movies? Hit the books,if you can find the originals.
Not a "cloak", a projected image. The background projected in front of you.All you see is something like a moving column of air.That IS from experience.

posted on Aug, 12 2004 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Stgeorge would the wavy heat distortion you see on a hot day comming off the road be a good way to describe it?

It might sound crazy but during the early days of the Iraq war I saw footage of Bagdad and what looked like a heat distortion running across a roof. I only seen it one time but it was quite wierd.

[edit on 12-8-2004 by ShadowXIX]

posted on Aug, 12 2004 @ 02:29 PM
link   
In the desert, heat waves can do some REALLY funky things with your perceptions, hehe...I remember that all too well....

As for cloaking. If the ships really do utilize some method of bending gravity, then pretty much ANY type of sensory beam/waves, etc. (light, heat, whatever) would ALSO be bent around the object, forming in effect, an impressive version of cloaking.

This is similar to Lazar's reports of being under one of the discs when energized, one could look up and see the sky above the disc, as the light is bent around the craft...but only because the gravity waves were forced downward, from the side, you'd still see the ship.

Stands to reason that this could be used in other ways while in flight as well.

BTW: Read a great Time article on the US's research into invisibility combat suits on the battlefield...including interviews with the guys working on it....cool stuff...

[edit on 12-8-2004 by Gazrok]

posted on Aug, 12 2004 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Nice try Shadow. It was inside and i have central air.
The same phenomennon was reported by Gordon DeSpain,who was silenced.An American's American I would say.

posted on Aug, 12 2004 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Why this obsession with sex Gazok? Use your head instead.

posted on Aug, 12 2004 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Nice try Shadow. It was inside and i have central air.
The same phenomennon was reported by Gordon DeSpain,who was silenced.An American's American I would say.

I wasnt trying to say what you saw was Heat waves but wondered If thats what it looked like because of what I saw In that footage. I thought maybe it was related.

Who is Gordon DeSpain?
Also I wanted to ask you do you think this tech is used right now on a limited scale?

I know that Airforce tech is way ahead of what they show the public so it stands to reason Army tech might be as far ahead but kept secret.Since the Darpa is talking about this stuff could that mean he have it already or a better version of what they describe.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join