It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Casey Anthony found NOT GUILTY

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   
I have only briefly followed this case. I was wondering about the baby-daddy? I haven't heard anything about him at all.

As I remember, those 31 days of her partying, she said that her litle girl was with somebody. Of course she lied but by how much? Was she so free spirited and happy because she knew her daughter was with somebody? Maybe. Many many questions about this case.

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 06:01 PM
link   
All I had to do was listen to the opening statements of the defense, and, guess what, reasonable doubt! Their case was plausible. That"s all ya need in the states...

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Afterthought
Somebody killed that little girl.

Was it determined that she was killed? Because I thought it wasn't known how she died.

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Well...I don't think she was accidentally duct taped. Do you? There are some things that are just obvious in this case. Who benefited from Caylee's death? Well...mommy dearest partied for 31 days afterward, seemingly celebrating her new found freedom. Her initial interviews were nothing but lies...clearly she was hiding something. IMO the verdict was absolutely wrong.
edit on 5-7-2011 by Tasty Canadian because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

If she died accidently and Casey was so easily able to get over it and act as though nothing happened, she is still guilty. How can someone act as though everything is just hunky dory even if their baby died by accident? Sociopathic personality. Displaying no remorse whatsoever when your child has died is a personality flaw in a human being - especially a mother. Even elephants mourn when they come across other elephant bones. Casey only cried for Casey.

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 08:44 PM
link   

reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

If she died accidently and Casey was so easily able to get over it and act as though nothing happened, she is still guilty. How can someone act as though everything is just hunky dory even if their baby died by accident? Sociopathic personality. Displaying no remorse whatsoever when your child has died is a personality flaw in a human being - especially a mother. Even elephants mourn when they come across other elephant bones. Casey only cried for Casey.

No offence, but what do you know what she's cried for and not cried for? She's been in the clinker for almost 2 years, plenty of time to cry and reflect.

Just because she isn't behaving a certain way when the camera happens to be on her doesn't mean she never acts that way. I see this all the time -- people wanting to read too much into a photo, say, or a few minutes with somebody who experienced tragedy and didn't happen to burst into tears on that particular occasion.

The thing that bugs me about this case and all the others is people thinking they know so much about this woman and her feelings or motivations or inner life.
edit on 7/5/11 by silent thunder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 08:56 PM
link   
The calls for blood.

civilized.

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by silent thunder

I watched the entire trial and it was quite obvious when and why she was crying. I'm not going to get into a tit for tat argument over this, but there needs to be justice for Caylee. There was only justice for Casey today and her tears of joy were for herself.

I can't imagine who else benefitted from this little girl's death instead of her selfish and conceited mother. The woman is an immature, compulsive liar. She wasn't even responsible enough to get a job and afford a REAL babysitter. A good parallel you can draw is the typical puppy syndrome. People get puppies because they're so cute, but when they get older, they're not cute anymore and start to become a bother. Then you just leave them in their kennel all the time because you're too lazy and/or busy or they are just inconvenient to have around.

I honestly believe this is what Casey was going through. Her pregnancy and during her daughter's younger years were good for her because she got as much attention as the baby, but as she got older, Caylee got the most attention. I honestly feel that she was sickly jealous of her daughter and all the attention her mother gave her. I feel as though Casey thought she was being replaced by her own daughter. On the other hand, I believe that if she had had a son instead of a daughter, the child would still be alive. I don't believe a son would've given her as much of a psychosis or provoked such feelings of jealousy or replacement.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 06:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Afterthought

Even if Casey is a psychotic sociopath, a jury can't just assume that she killed someone. Just because she didn't cry when you thought she should doesn't mean she killed anyone.

... there needs to be justice for Caylee.

What would that look like? What is justice for Caylee?

I can't imagine who else benefitted from this little girl's death instead of her selfish and conceited mother.

If it was an accident, no one had to benefit.

The woman is an immature, compulsive liar.

I agree. But that doesn't make her a murderer.

No matter what Casey's personality problems are, to just slap a murder on her without sufficient proof is no more than a witch hunt. The jury voted unanimously. They did their job.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 08:51 AM
link   
reply to post by windword

I'm really sick of seeing the signs of the protesters calling the jury "idiots". I personally think they should be in jail themselves!! The media just won't stop it. This is what they want, until one day they find themselves on trial and hope for a jury like Casey had.
edit on 7-7-2011 by aero56 because: typo

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

Somebody killed that little girl.

Was it determined that she was killed? Because I thought it wasn't known how she died.

That duct tape didn't get on her face by itself, and her body didn't get into a trash bag and into a swamp on its own, did it?

You don't need to prove motive and you don't need to prove cause of death to show a murder occurred. What more do you want, a signed confession?

She didn't drown. Even the jury doesn't buy that one.

She's guilty as hell. Even if it wasn't premeditated, there's still enough to get her on manslaughter. But that's western Florida for you. It's okay to kill your child, but they'll fight you tooth and nail if you try to get an abortion.

The prosecutor should have asked for a mistrial the second Cindy Anthony perjured herself.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tasty Canadian
Well...I don't think she was accidentally duct taped. Do you? There are some things that are just obvious in this case. Who benefited from Caylee's death? Well...mommy dearest partied for 31 days afterward, seemingly celebrating her new found freedom. Her initial interviews were nothing but lies...clearly she was hiding something. IMO the verdict was absolutely wrong.
edit on 5-7-2011 by Tasty Canadian because: (no reason given)

...but why kill your daughter when your parents/her grandparents were more than happy to take care of the child? It wasn't like Casey didn't have anyone to take care of her daughter when she partied...

<< 1  2   >>

join