It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help With Bed Bugs PLEASE!!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
cj6

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   
I just have to ask if anyone out there knows any simple ways i can get rid of bed bugs???

They've been infesting in my apartment for a couple of months now and they love to bite me all over my arms daily!! The itching is driving me crazy

I dont have money for a exterminator so i was hoping someone has delt with this problem before and can give me some tips to get rid of them.

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   
what we would do in the army that is if you have a metallic frame or springs is to take it out to the backyard and poor kerosine over it, then light it up. It will get rid of EVERYTHING, hidden bugs and eggs that they may have laid within places you are not able to see or reach.

link   
Hate to tell ya, but it is too late to get rid of them easy, cheap, or by yourself. YOU NEED AN EXTERMINATOR.

In the meantime, wash EVERYTHING!!! Blankets, pillows, sheets, etc. Discard your mattress!!!!!! Have the furniture cleaned or throw it away!!! Hope this helps...

link   
My mother told me that in the 1930's when she was a child, her family suffered a bedbug infestation.

She said that they solved the problem by taking all the bedding and upholstered furniture outdoors and beating them with sticks. The bedbugs fell out of the beaten items. Then before taking anything back indoors, they painted the bedframes and flooring along the walls with kerosene. She said that it smelled awful, but they were not bothered by bedbugs again.

cj6

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by MrEuphoric1

The problem is i've washed EVERYTHING several times and the just come back

And for some reason they dont like my bed...ive found them mostly nesting in the corners of my black duffel bag and my backpack.

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   
if your apartment is infested im thinking you should tell managment and they should call a exterminator, they may have came from a neighbors apartment.

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   
throw away anything infested with them!!!!

cj6

link   
reply to post by MachiventaMelchizedek

Ive already tried that and the management wont pay for an exterminator

link   
This has become a pesky problem, and there are lots of solutions online. They don't like extreme heat, so washing everything doesn't help unless its in extremely hot drier after. Or extreme cold..I think you can freeze them in a freezer.. ,and then shake them out.

I've heard bleach and extremely hot water to down bed frames. Another thing that might work because of its extreme heat , is a hand held steamer (ones used for pressing clothes on a hanger) They give out very very hot steam and if you ran that over the mattress and pillows a multiple times you would probably kill them with the heat.(has to be shooting hot steam though).

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Revising my post as you have already answered some of my questions.. Please wait.. lol

While I revise I have to say whatever you do, do not... I REPEAT DO NOT.. Use a bug bomb... It will make your problem worse..
edit on 5-7-2011 by DaMod because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by cj6
reply to post by MachiventaMelchizedek

Ive already tried that and the management wont pay for an exterminator

Thats a load of bs...They should have to pay..though I hear exterminators do not always get the job done, and some of the crap they use is really bad for you..depending on who is doing it and what they use.

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by cj6

And for some reason they dont like my bed...ive found them mostly nesting in the corners of my black duffel bag and my backpack.

sounds reasonable they like low lighting areas but you can also try the following although as you will read it has some degree of success, perhaps it may work for you. But if they like your duffel bag and your backpack then they are more than likely coming from somewhere else that is if you have washed your bag and pack with the highest temperature settings. But i do know what your going through, had a huge problem with them when i was in the army until i set everything on fire, but i don't recommend that since your currently within a home and not some forward outpost. :-) , but hey read the following.

There is a range of natural cures that people have used to treat their bed bug problem with varying degrees of success. A few suggestions is to try include spraying lavender, thyme, tea tree, or eucalyptus on bed linens, clothes and in other locations where people sleep in the house.

www.natural-cures-for.com...

cj6

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaMod
Have you seen them?

Are there signs of blood on your sheets and or mattress?

What do your bites look like?

How long have you had this problem?

Have you made the wrong decision of sleeping in a different room?
edit on 5-7-2011 by DaMod because: (no reason given)

Yes Ive seen them and they are small and yellow though some of them are pretty big almost as big as roaches but still yellow and sometimes red.

My bites look like small clusters of red pimples i guess but my arms are literally covered in scars as this has been happening daily for a few months.

I sleep in the living on the floor (i dont live alone) and i dont sleep anywhere else.

And yes there are lots of blood spots on my pillows and blankets. I wash them all the time and every morning there are new spots.
edit on 5-7-2011 by cj6 because: Forgot to answer all the questions

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Purchace a 10 pound bag of Diatomaceous earth

en.wikipedia.org...

www.badbedbugs.com...
edit on 5-7-2011 by enament because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Feeling your pain. I've lived in an apartment that was suddenly invaded. I ended up tossing my bed, my couch, and shampooing the carpet. I timed this fall right before I was leaving town for a week. When I came back bought a new bed and couch. That was the only relief that I got.

Sucks because I found out that I was allergic to the little buggers and had spent 3 months covered in whelps from my neck to my ankles. Had gone to multiple doctors and gotten the *duh I don't know* butt scratch from all of them
Found this out myself using the interwebs and happening across a weird disease show on the Discovery Channel. An unfortunate effect of apartment life is that these guys will travel from unit to unit. So even if you get rid of them; if your neighbor has them there is a chance of re-infestation. I ended up moving out of paranoia, but never had a bed bug again.

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   
D-Earth
Get diatomaceous earth and shake it around any entryway and around the end of the bed and all over the sides of the bed. Thats what helped me get rid of my bebugs. My landlord still had to bomb the place, but the diatomaceuos earth definitely helped.

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Malathion - used in Eastern Europe.

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by cj6

Put your duffel bag in the dryer for for a full cycle on the hottest setting, and clean everything in the hottest water possible and dry it on the hottest cycle too. These things don't do well when it's hot. Do some Google research. It seems that certain things will help keep them beat back but you probably need an exterminator to get rid of them all.

EDIT: Stick your bag in a car with the windows up on a hot sunny day. This kills pretty much any living thing on Earth.

edit on 5-7-2011 by dbates because: (no reason given)

cj6

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by enament

Thats sounds interesting so i think i will try that and see if it works. Thanks to everyone for all of your advice

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by cj6

OK, then throw your black duffel bag and backpack away. Then re-wash everything and go to Lowes and get some stuff to combat them.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join