It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WARNING: An Amazing New Technology Is Sweeping The Streets Of New York...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 09:24 AM
link   
so whats next?
(second line)

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 09:34 AM
link   
There is a large net resting on the shoulders on the American people. If you haven't researched biometrics, it makes this look like childs play. A license plate reader is a far cry from camera software that can enter the surveiillance grid and pick out an individual based on their walking gait.

Check out my thread in the RATS section and become enlightened. There's a reason those cameras cost $60000 each; some cost as much as $90000 each. You think that is becuse of government waste, and that is the lie you are sold. The truth is that those cameras are part of a large encompassing grid and any video can be sent through software like "Predator", which can record, catalogue and store massive amounts of data from pictures of people. From their Iris to their biometric bodyprints.

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by SpartanKingLeonidas

SKL, this software and this trend is sweeping every aspect of government policy and enforcement. It isn't unique to traffic tickets. Child Support software can reach out and look into Driver's License databases, IRS databases, Federal contract databases, US postal service software, court dockets, etc., etc. Each night it scans all of these contracted cooperative agreements and creates a picture for the 100s of 1000s of cases it is enforcing, and it can automatically take actions against the parents that are supposed to be paying. If the software finds something new that it cannot automatically take action against, then it automatically sends a notice to a real investigator so they can look into it manually. The whole thing is capable of automating work that would have taken 1000s of people to accomplish, and instead it can do it effortlessly each and every night!!!

It isn't just traffic or child support either. Imagine this type of software in 10 years? Sales Tax, Property Tax, Insurance Bureau, Credit Bureau, Drivers License, Income Tax, Professional Licensing Authorites, Criminal Dockets, University Records, Health Records, all morphed into one database so that lying on a job application, or hiding some income on your tax return will be entirely impossible, and instantaneously recognized!

Passports, Public Assistance, Zoning Laws, the list can go on and on and on.

Worse yet, the public has been duped into begging for these conveniences. First it was for fun, and then safety, and now convenience. People will be lining up and begging for Smart Phones, and Smart Cards, and "Trusted Traveller Passes." Next thing you know it will be an implant or a mark, and then next thing you know after that, no one will be able to do any commerce or travel without it. I'm pretty sure there is a name for that......hmmm....seems like an important book laid all of this out years ago? What was that name again.......Oh ya The Mark of the Beast, How close are we?
edit on 5-7-2011 by getreadyalready because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   
The FBI have been using this along with other agencies for way more than 10 years...the difference is its out in the open so that we have it now "officially"...and that they have integrated multiple states (but the Gov has been doing it like that too for years).
Welcome to BIG BROTHER...

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   
NYPD has been using automatic license plate readers mounted on the back of their cars for a few years now.

It's pretty limited though. I really only see them downtown.

www.nypost.com...

I guess further deployment of those devices will speed up this process. No more typing in plate numbers by hand.

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   
I find it amazing they can keep finding a new batch of suckers every year to keep NYC going.

Anyways the current level of car technology has the manufacturer capable of putting a cellphone inside your cars computer so the NYC Cops could detect if you were speeding in the last week....and they could mail you a ticket...even disable your car until your ticket is paid.

You don't own your car in Amerika. You have no property rights. They say driving a car is a PRIVELEGE...

Imagine going back to the 1800's in America and trying to tell Americans that riding a horse was a PRIVELEGE and the Government could take that privilege away.....somebody would have placed a lead ball into Governments face.

Land of the Free my rear.

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   
I see nothing wrong in getting after the deadbeats. As for "accidentally" leaving your car overnight on the street - no such thing - you did it of free will and now had to pay - quickly. As you should - you're not special.

I would also like to see the data base for deadbeat dads owing child support get included so we get those leaches also. Time to start paying folks - the free ride ended.

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   
I'm surprised no one has brought up the fact that alot of "laws" that entitle the local governments to fine you are BS and only serve to collect revenue. In the city I live you get street cleaning tickets, even though the street cleaners no longer run. Seems like taxation without representation to me. There are also a ton of little laws added on over the years for the meter parking downtown, where in some instance you can get ticketed even if you are safely parked in a single spot with time on the meters. There are even spots where there's meters, but the sidewalk is yellow so you can't park there, but out of towners feed the meter anyway and park there, just to get a ticket for being on the yellow. In a period of 14 months the tickets were raised from $15 to $25 to $50. Keep in mind this is a small city of only 50,000 people. It is killing the mom and pop stores since no one will go downtown anymore due to the predatory nature of the tickets.

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by LightAssassin
Hahaha, I'm glad i dont live in America. Thats just downright ambushing.

Its not ambushing if you pay your parking tickets!

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Sounds good to me. Make the criminals pay. While we're at it let's raise fines for speeding and red light running esp DUI. Make the criminals pay and reduce my taxes.

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by vipertruck99

It's not your vehicle. It belongs to the DVLA, you are merely the registered keeper!

Instant/auto number plate recognition not only serves as a revenue stream, it also feeds into the national data-base and as with all other data collection mechanisms, relies upon 'private enterprise' to provide the raw material, ie data. Insurance companies are supposed to log all new policies with the DVLA. Sometimes, they don't. Law abiding people with full cover have been stopped and had their cars impounded (at Statutory Removal fee of £95 + the nice little earner for the Pound at £x per day storage costs) because the computer said no!

To those supporting this tech for use to remove 'deadbeat' drivers or old jalopies from the road? Congratulations! You win first prize in the voluntary enslavement stakes!

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 06:18 PM
link   
The answer is non compliance. Do not register your car and do not pay insurance. Only drive old beat up cars that cost more to impound than to get a new one. When you are ticketed, do not pay and do not go to court. If you are finally caught always plead not guilty and have a full jury trial. When you are sentenced, choose jail time. This would break the system. Let the sucker who wants tougher laws pay for it with more taxes. Let him pay for the ever increasing police state.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   
every prohibition creates its bootleggers...

I am just having a minor design issue on flying robots... I think I found the answer...lmeao....

I disagree with the system entirely.... I disagree with any form of theft by the state... The property does not belong to the state... Driving is as much a privilege as voting remember that in few years for the ney sayers...

Those who choose to surrender their liberty for security deserve neither..

staying on topic which this is... the cities are broke as are the states... don't be surprised to see the feds try and find a way to take the states money....

I expect to see the push for a national drivers licenses..

also the feds creating a car insurance that makes you immune to a states requirements.....

Now a federal code enforcement office would be funny...

in closing
this is where they should be really scared of anon.... what if they decided to erase everyone's parking tickets and then make only government officials have the tickets.....

I would love to see the police's and tow truck operators personal cars towed...lol.... (no i am not making this an anticop thing an enforcer thing would replace the definition of the word cop much better but enforcer would start down that road and I do not want to twist it down there...)

i am going back to my little rant corner...

top topics

<< 1   >>

join