It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Two recent experiences that tells me something is happening.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 02:02 AM
link   
Okay to start this off with I am 27 years old. I have been trying to find a spiritual path that works for me since 2005 when I got back from Iraq as that was the first time I started to shift from being a Atheist to realizing there is something more going on then what I can perceive.

The two experiences that happened to me I won't go much into detail about what brought them both on, but I have never had similar experiences in my life. One was around April 30 2011, and the other one was in late June, so they both were very recent.

To explain both as simply as possible it felt that I was shifting from my physical body into either death or a higher plain of existence. Now its somewhat hard for me describe exactly what was going on, but I felt both times the same thing. Just from my own research into various spiritual paths and new age concepts I was trying to put together what was happening, and I did think that I was shifting early or starting to feel early effects of this supposed shift into higher state of being, I really thought it was about to happen because I really thought I died and was moving away from this physical existence, I was kinda scared and was still grasping to what reality I could here so I don't know if this stopped me or had any effect on it. Also no drugs were involved for those wondering, I have been doing a lot of various techniques, meditation, binarual beats, solfeggio frequencies, praying, reading the Bhagavad Gita.

I have had in the past feelings of closeness with God, and being guided on the path I am supposed to be on, but this was completely different than anything that I have experienced in the past, after them I kind of summed it up to foreshadowing possibly what to expect, the feelings that I had of being disconnected and moving onto something else.

I'll try to explain more if I can, but that's pretty much the basics of it all, not sure if anyone else here has had similar experiences recently that can add some more information to what was going on with me, but to me it means something I just don't know what yet.

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 02:18 AM
link   
Its good to hear that you have opened your eyes.

there is much to life than what we perceive, it is evident in microscopic organisms or other beings that live in a different colour spectrum to us or different frequencies to us.

We need to understand more of this and one way to stop that is to stop believing that your alone on this planet and in death.

Peace be upon you bro.
edit on 5-7-2011 by ShadowZion because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 02:19 AM
link   
Praying is not a technique. You have 'feelings of closeness with God' and you are an atheist? Why are you relating this new feeling you have experienced with a concept like 'god'?

Originally posted by phiktion
...Also no drugs were involved for those wondering, I have been doing a lot of various techniques, meditation, binarual beats, solfeggio frequencies, praying, reading the Bhagavad Gita.

I have had in the past feelings of closeness with God...

"Theists think all gods but theirs are false. Atheists simply don't make an exception for the last one."

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 02:24 AM
link   
Reply to post by snewpers

I read that he felt/experienced something that started shifting him AWAY from atheisim. That he started to feel that there is something more than he once believed.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 02:25 AM
link   
reply to post by snewpers

actually praying is a technique it is exactly the same as meditation, it helps the flow of blood around the body and it makes your energy levels balance out and etcetera.

Nearly all religions have a form of meditation.

Dont say oh its wikipedia, its unreliable. Do your own research then!!

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 02:30 AM
link   
Yes, I understand that part, but it's odd that if you do not believe in god(s), how come you start to believe in one (or more) gods because of an experience you had?

Originally posted by Shawny2222

I read that he felt/experienced something that started shifting him AWAY from atheisim. That he started to feel that there is something more than he once believed.

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 02:38 AM
link   

Ok, I understand your question now. Unfortunatly, I don't have an answer. Except to say that when I became a believer of Jesus, it came based on a feeling. I can't describe it and it can not be explained in any scientific way. Even if it was, I don't care. It brings me comfort. And if someone finds comfort in not believing in a God or whatever, I find that ok, personally. Whatever floats your boat.

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 02:40 AM
link   
reply to post by ShadowZion

A question always seems to surface when the subject of prayer is brought up: Does prayer change anything? I often wonder what people mean when they ask this question. Sometimes when I am asked this question, I respond with another question: “How would you know?” In other words, how can you ever really know—whether you pray or not—if the outcome of a particular situation would have been any different? We don’t get to run events in reverse and apply different variables to see if it changes the end result. We pray, in the first place, not because we want to see things change, but because God has commanded it.

Does Prayer Change Anything?

Did a quick browse on the wiki link and it doesn't add anyhting to the discussion to be honest.

...various methods of meditation have been linked to changes in metabolism, blood pressure, brain activation, and other bodily processes.

Linked, not proven as there is no way to reverse it. If one stops praying, it would change metabolism?

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 03:12 AM
link   
Yes, I had this experience a couple months back. I noticed two main things from it.

The first thing is the huge presence that is almost on top of us.

The second thing is time had to be stretched back out for my consciousness to re-seat. I had to reenter our time dilation field.

This gives me a couple more points on the road map.

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   
To anwser your question, I was a atheist back prior to 2005, but things that happened to me in Iraq started changing me from laughing and making fun of those that believed in God, to someone who started researching the various religions and become a believer myself.

Also to add onto my experience I remembered this once I laid down to goto sleep for the night, three people I know happened to walk by me in my vision, in a hallway kinda dressed properly all of them just staring at me kind of like whats he doing, when this happened I came to the realization that these people were meant to be in my life, even though all three of them I knew only met a week prior to this happening.

Yes I look at prayer also as a form of meditation, alot of the stuff I listed is just a generalization of everything, alot more has gone into achieving what I experienced, I feel I am very intune with my mind and body when it comes to getting to hypnotic, trance like states. There was one scary experience that I had awhile ago, where I was laying on a futon with a sheet over me to block out the sun so I can meditate and it felt as if I was floating out of my body being pulled by a demon, I just felt like I was floating up tthe ceiling and I was to scared to stop it so I just let it happen, don't remember how I came out of this, I think I might of just jolted out of it, not really knowing for sure or not if that really happened or not, like a foggy dream/reality.

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by General Izer
Yes, I had this experience a couple months back. I noticed two main things from it.

The first thing is the huge presence that is almost on top of us.

The second thing is time had to be stretched back out for my consciousness to re-seat. I had to reenter our time dilation field.

This gives me a couple more points on the road map.

I agree with how felt and how you worded your experience here, another thing was that it was showing that this was supposed to happen, or maybe not supposed to happen, but somewhat peered into my path and that this is what is in store for us.

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by snewpers
Yes, I understand that part, but it's odd that if you do not believe in god(s), how come you start to believe in one (or more) gods because of an experience you had?

Originally posted by Shawny2222

Because a basic premise of materialistic atheism is most of these experiences are tricks of the mind, but when you experience it for yourself you know there is actual depth to it?
edit on 5-7-2011 by 547000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by phiktion

I think what happened to you was from all your meditation, you start "opening" and make "part of you" go out. It can be scary cuz the ability to control the movement isnt there and need more time to control it cuz need more energy while make the energy in the same frequency with the area around you and circulate it at least the same fast.
This can be good cuz you will be more sensitive about things, but bad point when you start have "opening" inside, things can go inside you too. And it will depends how many "opening" you got. Just becarefull about where you doing it. This reason is why someone need a teacher when learn this stuffs, to protect them while they are "out".

Praying and meditation are different thing, while some praying can be as "charging" externally, and mediation as how to manage the energy but if you do both, it will give you more advantage mostly if you try to find a path. Basically about this are to charge, to clean, to adjust frequency, to manage including hold, compress, circulate, flow it and to release when needed. Charging can be internally and externally, and externally can be from many sources. This external charge will determine which path you choose.

Oh one more thing about when you are "out", cos it can be dangerous too, when you want to get back again, just say it strongly inside your heart then take a deep and fast inhale from your nose, should be do usually as long as no other things interfering . The opposite is to exhale fast and deep from your mouth, but it will need more control.
I hope you can find your path, just be optimistic and never want some "ability" as your goal cuz those are only tools for you.
Peace.

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   
I have been outside my body a fair number of times as a child during sleep parallysis And Wow your story is amazing BUT.I must tell you also, that as a young adult, I have been pulled up out of my body to the top of a room. There, at the top of the room, I could clearly see all five people in the room, including my self. It felt as though the suction of a great vacuum had caused me to rise above the room. The instant I noticed myself still
there, where I was sitting. I realised something weird was going on and the same vacuum effect happened again
and boom. I was back in my body. All four of my friends/ workmates, including my Boss. were by this time standing up and rushing towards me. I guess it scared the hell out of all of them. My Boss said my eye balls were rolling around in my head like a slot machine. I didn't find out what had happened to me, til the next day. Long story short, one of the stupid kids I was working with, thought it would be fun to slip me a Micky.

I was ok, and he fessed up to it immediatly at the meeting. So my boss took care of me, drove me around for awhile and then droped me off at home. The next day the kid was at my door checking on me. That was a smart move on his part because I have always possessed the killer instinct. On top of the I could tell it scared the crap out of him. This was the seventies in So. Cal. so I had to be cool. Should of beat his ass but things weren't that way back then. I don't mean to ramble, but it's hard to tell just a certain part of that story, with out leaving questions in your head.

I wasn't an atheist when it happened though. I feel all paths lead to Christ. Walk that path by yourself and face many parrells alone. Or walk the path, with him at your side the whole time. And fear nothing.

SnF for a great thread.
edit on 5-7-2011 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join