It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Bachmann/Palin "gaffes", Dis-Info, and Public Perception

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Societalgnorance
*DISCLAIMER: I AM NOT A REPUBLICAN, NOR AM I A DEMOCRAT. I DON'T SUPPORT THE AMERICAN POLITICAL SYSTEM, AND I HAVE NO POLITICAL AFFILIATION WHATSOEVER*

Apathy Party member.

Back in 2008, when the U.S. Presidential Election campaigns were in full swing, there were several "gaffes" or "mistakes" that Republican V.P. nominee Sarah Palin took some heat for. These scandals ultimately cost the McCain/Palin ticket the election, and made one Barack Obama look all the more electable.

Proof? Or mere speculation.

The controlling elite know that Barack Obama can bring them a one-world government, or at least bring them a few steps closer, and they need another four years to complete a few more objectives. Obama and Brezinksi didn't stack the Administration with all their buddies only to get booted out of office after their first term. He's good for Wall Street, and the Military-Industrial Complex hasn't exactly suffered since Bush left office.

More Apathy Party nonsense.

Folks, Michelle Bachmann is your new Sarah Palin, and she will utlimately cost the Republicans the 2012 Presidential Election. I could list dumb quote after dumb quote, but if you're lurking this forum, you probably have heard them already.

Here's the hate-Bachmann part.

You don't need to be so sensitive, kitten. I just read your OP and called it like I saw it.
Basically, Obama is going to win, Bachmann has dumb quotes, NWO blah blah blah.

You claim to have no political affiliation. Do you even vote? Are you involved? What candidate do you support? Are you working on his/her campaign? Or are you just taking pot-shots at others running?

I stand by my posts.

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Did someone say gaffes?

..btw, what the the hell is an intercontinental railroad?

edit on 5-7-2011 by Alxandro because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Ok, we're having a serious mis-communication here.

Instead of getting into a back and forth attacking each other, which happens all too often here on ATS, I'm going to tell you a bit about myself, and explain where you are misunderstanding me.

(I'm going to be as detaield as I possibly can)
I'm 25 years old born and raised in the Boston area, and I've always self-educated myself, and have always rejected the mainstream version of events when they didn't add up. I do vote for President when I feel compelled to vote for a candidate, I don't allow either party to "force-feed" me a candidate. I voted for Obama honestly believing that he was our only shot at any change in America. As a country, we were desperate, and we elected him based on a "pipe dream." I loathe Obama, the Democratic Party, the Republican Party, and the ENTIRE UNITED STATES POLITICAL STRUCTURE. Politicians these days are no longer men and women of high moral character, doing their best to help the American people.

It's pretty clear neither party cares about the American people.

The essence of my OP was basically saying this: Michelle Bachmann, like Sarah Palin, has made several public "gaffes." These mistakes will be played over and over in the MSM, making Obama appear more electable. Even though Biden and Obama have been caught on the record saying similarly ridiculous things, they get no play, because Wall Street and the Military-Industrial Complex wants to keep Obama in office another four years.

Get it now?

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   

reply to post by jam321

Well, you can say that a potential VP nominee doesn't effect your vote, and that's your opinion, you have that right. But I would have to add that Sarah Palin dominated the news headlines, and was clearly in the public eye more than McCain. IMO, she effected the outcome of the election way more than McCain, and I've spoken with several Republican strategists who have conceded that Palin cost them the election. Her "gaffes" were the topic of choice for the media, instead of debating policy and comparing the candidates, it seemed like we were bombarded with Palin mistakes and questions surrounding her credibility.

Palin added a lot of zip and charisma to the campaign, as McCain has zero charisma. The GOP made almost zero efforts in promoting their "best" team.I had a general feeling they wanted to let Obama win. That works in well with the Hegelian left/right paradigm where they swing it to the right, then swing it to the left, then swing it to the right again, then left, and so on, while never changing anything for the better, but always moving the plans of the NWO agenda forward, and the people always think once they get their party elected, change is gonna happen. Then a candidate like Obama says, oh we are going to CHANGE everything for the better and everyone says, yah great change is good, never realizing the whole thing is Marxist code for revolution.

Oh, and by the way I read that Soros funded Obama, Hillary, and McCain, so any one of these candidates would have moved his plans forward. Or he funded McCain so that someone like Ron Paul would have to drop out.
edit on 6-7-2011 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Societalgnorance

Yeah, I got it. You're playing into their hands by allowing yourself to get misdirected by the medias games. At least you won't vote for Obama again.
But instead of focusing on the negative, you need to start on the positive atributes of say Bachmann, because if she wins the primary then she will be our only hope to defeat the Obama regime.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Alxandro

Wow, those videos are awesome. Thanks for posting!

If Palin or Bachmann made any of those mistakes it would be front page headlines and one of the top stories on the evening news. Enhancing my point there is a conspiracy to elect Obama at all costs, trashing any other possible nominees.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

But don't you get it?

Obama serves the Agenda.

Say Bachmann gets elected. She will then serve the same agenda.

You need to learn how the political hierarchy works in this country. The real power is not within a President. The POTUS serves the real power. It is not a conspiracy. During the younger Bush's regime, everyone hated the Republicans and were dying to vote in a Democrat. Like magic, this young, handsome, African-American, Ivy School educated, smooth-talking Democratic Party superstar comes out of nowhere and is the "obvious solution" to the problems facing the United States. Oh, and by the way, Zbigniew Brezinski was his mentor at Harvard, and is one of his top Advisors in his administration. What a coincedence!

Now he's serving the same agenda Bush did, and everyone wants to attack the Democrats and vote in Bachmann, or whoever the hot ticket is at the moment.

What makes you think things will change in Washington if Bachmann is elected?

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Alxandro

Only one page before someone tried to post Obama saying something stupide in order to pretend Bachman did not say something stupid. You are good.

Little tip for you Michelle fans out there. She is not running against Obama. Comparing her to Obama is really kind of pointless. Also, if I did something stupid, would it seem clever if Obama did something stupid too?

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Elections are a psyop

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   
It is what happens when you pin your hope on two
Sub intelligent candidates, back to back. Nobody
Is forcing the GOP or the Republican base to put their
Hopes in either person. But clearly the most mainstream
Media outlet, FOX News made the choice now as it was then.
A firm corporate position and atunned to the Neo conservative
Theocrats IS vital to the American political win. Nobodies forcing
This, you can go with Paul ...

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   

reply to post by beezzer

But don't you get it?

Obama serves the Agenda.

Say Bachmann gets elected. She will then serve the same agenda.

Thus I use the term "Apathy Party". You must have missed that post. Any time someone starts up with the "it's futile" or "there's an agenda" I use that term. You see, I'm someone that still has faith in our flawed system.

You need to learn how the political hierarchy works in this country. The real power is not within a President.

You're right. The real power is with the people of this country. Most have forgotten that, however.

The POTUS serves the real power. It is not a conspiracy. During the younger Bush's regime, everyone hated the Republicans

Everyone STILL hates the republicans!

and were dying to vote in a Democrat. Like magic, this young, handsome, African-American, Ivy School educated, smooth-talking Democratic Party superstar comes out of nowhere and is the "obvious solution" to the problems facing the United States. Oh, and by the way, Zbigniew Brezinski was his mentor at Harvard, and is one of his top Advisors in his administration. What a coincedence!

And he made it in with just 53% of the vote. Not a huge landslide there.

Now he's serving the same agenda Bush did, and everyone wants to attack the Democrats and vote in Bachmann, or whoever the hot ticket is at the moment.

What makes you think things will change in Washington if Bachmann is elected?

I don't know if the direction taken with Bachmann will be better, but I know that if we go again with Obamas' direction, it'll definitely be worse.
edit on 6-7-2011 by beezzer because: errors in spelling

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
But instead of focusing on the negative, you need to start on the positive atributes of say Bachmann, because if she wins the primary then she will be our only hope to defeat the Obama regime.

It doesn't matter how good the rest of her policies are. If she continues babbling verifiably false nonsense she will be un-electable. Evolution denial, anti-gay rhetoric and all the other nonsense pushed by the GOP is going to be her undoing.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by traditionaldrummer

They just pay attention to her issues, or get involved in another candidate so that doesn't happen.

Easy.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   

reply to post by traditionaldrummer

They just pay attention to her issues, or get involved in another candidate so that doesn't happen.

Easy.

Another candidate would be a good idea.

I want Obama out as much as the next person. But I'm not prepared to accept tons of unwanted baggage just because the candidate is Not Obama.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Listen Beezer, you can hang onto something that isn't their, but sooner or later you're going to have to admit the system is not only flawed....BUT HAS THROWN US OVERBOARD!

Stop sticking up for the system. Or do so at your own detriment.

What is this Apathy Party nonsense? So let me get this straight, if I don't support either of the two corrupt political parties that are being forced-fed to me, I'm somehow on a lunatic fringe? Is that what you're implying? Please explain yourself.

They play one side against the other, swaying back and forth every 4-8 years, and you are the shining example of someone who falls for it time and time again, and still holds out hope for the next "Hero" to come save us.

No politician is gonna save us.

No politician is gonna help the middle class.

No politician is gonna help the poor.

No politician cares about you.

Your statements reflect the thoughts of someone who probably believes the above statements are not true.

You're either in denial, or rich and enjoy your luxuries and don't want anything to change. Just my 2 cents.
edit on 6-7-2011 by Societalgnorance because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-7-2011 by Societalgnorance because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   

So let me get this straight, if I don't support either of the two corrupt political parties that are being forced-fed to me, I'm somehow on a lunatic fringe? Is that what you're implying?

That's a genuine pet peeve of mine.

Especially when, because of my third party vote, I am accused of helping so-and-so get into office, or preventing so-and-so from getting into office. Or the one that sets me over the top: I've "wasted my vote".

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Societalgnorance

When exactly did this sinister plan of a one world world governement come into play, who's a part of it, and when do they plan on achieving their goal?

What has Obama or any past president done exactly to further this agenda?

I see lots of theories, but zero facts or even examples. Your claim is highly sensitive and at the very least should contain something which is tighter than Michelle Bachmann and Sarah Palin being unelectable. Those things are not facts in themselves even. There's millions of republicans who would vote for either of them simpley because they're not Obama. Hell, Bachmann could have 1 eye and a 3rd grade education and they would still vote for her. That's why we laugh. American politics isn't about who you vote for, it's about who you won't vote for because they're either a commie loving psycho or a Christian crusading, middle class killing, elitist. I think our system is highly flawed, but very real.
edit on 6-7-2011 by spinalremain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by spinalremain

Invisible Empire: A New World Order Defined

This will give you a good knowledge base to start your research....

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 07:47 PM
link   
It's already been pointed out BUT - "These scandals ultimately cost the McCain/Palin ticket the election, and made one Barack Obama look all the more electable" did NOT cost McCain the election. He was losing regardless. Although I'm sure McCain regrets having Palin as his running mate.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Everyone STILL hates the republicans!

Hold on there, Walmart is still really popular and there are still a lot of old white people left in this country.

I'm kidding, I'm kidding.

I gotta say, though, it's hard not to be apathetic when given the false two party choice over and over again. As someone once said "it's insane that in a country of 300 million people there are only 2 legitimate parties to choose from."

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join