It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Bachmann/Palin "gaffes", Dis-Info, and Public Perception

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 08:01 PM
link   
I think Palin lost not because of gaffes, but because she was a clear mouthpiece for a corrupt war machine. I think you over-estimate the power of gaffes and under-estimate the reaction to what Republicans did to us while in office...

Just to remind you, the last Republican in office gave us 9/11, a never-ending war, torture (enhanced interrogation), TSA, Homeland Security, The Patriot Act, a terrorized and divided society, and walked out the door with an Economic Depression on his boot heels.

I get PTSD anytime I even think of another republican in office.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 08:01 PM
link   
I know this is not a bachman bashing thread but anytime I see her dreadful; name I see red. I have immense eminity towards you bachman! you betrayed me and probably other's that believed in you. And you wanna try abd be leader of tea party! how dare you! I know off topic I am angry.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Societalgnorance

Michelle Bachmann on a Proposed Bill - ''This cannot pass. What we have to do today is make a covenant, to slit our wrists, be blood brothers on this thing. This will not pass. We will do whatever it takes to make sure this doesn't pass."

I'm actually ok this one. Whilst I don't agree with her sentiment I admire her perseverance.

Usually the election is lost on the Presidency, not the vice, though in the scope of the 2008 election I believe Palin actually helped McCain.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Palin proved that a faker and spin machine can potentially win an election. She proved that facts don't matter and also showed the world just how highly manipulated on fear the U.S. is, that an entirely new fear-based, pro-war, anti-outsider misinformed society could take over the U.S. They didn't win that time, but they got damn far, which was pretty scary. Amazing how many people bought into it.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Sorry but I have to disagree. Sarah Palin did not cost the republicans the last presidential election and Michelle Bachman will not be the reason they fail this time. It was republican policies and mentality that cost them the last election and it will ultimately cost them the 2012 election as well. The current republican party has somehow morphed itself into the poster child for hypocrisy and it couldn't be more obvious.

The republican party is the very same enemy that they themselves proclaim to be defending us against. They are the "wolves in sheep's clothing" so to speak and this now obvious fact is what's destroying their party as well as any chances they may have had at winning the next election. The current field of republican candidates are all either idiots, hypocrites, extremist or a combination thereof.

Does anyone really think they can win an election while promoting ideas like the eliminating Medicare, privatizing Social Security, cutting every single aspect of our social safety net, dismantling any and all consumer and environmental protection agencies, pushing for even more deregulation of Wall St., Union busting and privatization of everything including our military? Oh yeah, I almost forgot, and doing so while refusing to raise taxes on the wealthiest among us? Please!

Don't you get it, "It's The Republicans, Stupid." (No insult intended, just rewording an old quote.)

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 09:00 PM
link   
I just want to point out, whether or not Palin cost the Republicans the 08 election isn't the point of the thread.

The point was the fact that there is a conspiracy and potentially a disinfo campaign, aimed at making sure Obama gets re-elected in 2012.

What do you guys and girls think about that?

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 09:17 PM
link   

At this point, Obama's got my vote and it's no conspiracy, just a lack of a better choice. Unless Bernie Sanders or Alan Grayson decides to run, I think I'll just stay pat with Obama. In my book, Obama's only shortfall is that he hasn't fought the republicans hard enough. I would sooner vote for one of the Teletubbies than any of the offerings being put up by the republican/tea party at this time.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Societalgnorance
reply to post by Alxandro

Wow, those videos are awesome. Thanks for posting!

If Palin or Bachmann made any of those mistakes it would be front page headlines and one of the top stories on the evening news. Enhancing my point there is a conspiracy to elect Obama at all costs, trashing any other possible nominees.

Yep, if anyone on the right made any comments like that you know damn sure it would be media gold, but of course everytime Obama says something stupid like that as usual he gets a free freakin' pass because they conveniently ignore it by paying no attention to the man behind the curtain.

People need to wake up and tell the Emporer he has no clothes.

It's going to be tough for the Repubs to get their point across especially since every time they use a popular song at their rallies, the artists (Katrina and the Waves/Tom Petty,..) get bent out of shape and cry foul.

It's an up hill battle but it's doable.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 09:38 PM
link   

reply to post by Alxandro

Wow, those videos are awesome. Thanks for posting!

If Palin or Bachmann made any of those mistakes it would be front page headlines and one of the top stories on the evening news. Enhancing my point there is a conspiracy to elect Obama at all costs, trashing any other possible nominees.

Yep, if anyone on the right made any comments like that you know damn sure it would be media gold, but of course everytime Obama says something stupid like that as usual he gets a free freakin' pass because they conveniently ignore it by paying no attention to the man behind the curtain.

People need to wake up and tell the Emporer he has no clothes.

It's going to be tough for the Repubs to get their point across especially since every time they use a popular song at their rallies, the artists (Katrina and the Waves/Tom Petty,..) get bent out of shape and cry foul.

It's an up hill battle but it's doable.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Listen Beezer, you can hang onto something that isn't their, but sooner or later you're going to have to admit the system is not only flawed....BUT HAS THROWN US OVERBOARD!

Stop sticking up for the system. Or do so at your own detriment.

To lose hope that the system does work talks loudly of (dare I say it?) apathy.

What is this Apathy Party nonsense? So let me get this straight, if I don't support either of the two corrupt political parties that are being forced-fed to me, I'm somehow on a lunatic fringe? Is that what you're implying? Please explain yourself.

I never said that. Nice implication though. You don't want X or Y? Then go for Z. But DO SOMETHING! Unless whining becomes a political party, many will still lay claim to the Apathy Party label.

They play one side against the other, swaying back and forth every 4-8 years, and you are the shining example of someone who falls for it time and time again, and still holds out hope for the next "Hero" to come save us.

No politician is gonna save us.

No politician is gonna help the middle class.

No politician is gonna help the poor.

No politician cares about you.

Your statements reflect the thoughts of someone who probably believes the above statements are not true.

Um nope. I'm big into personal responsibility. But you're getting warmer with the fact that you shouldn't depend on government for anything.

You're either in denial, or rich and enjoy your luxuries and don't want anything to change. Just my 2 cents.
edit on 6-7-2011 by Societalgnorance because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-7-2011 by Societalgnorance because: (no reason given)

Not in denial. Far from rich. But working on being self-sufficient.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join