It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Love, Light, and Expanding Into Infinity.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Unity_99 (an ATS member) showed me that light brings what is 2 dimensional into 3 dimensions.

Infinity and nothing are one. If infinity were something, it would be finite. Existence is dualistic arising from this paradox.

We are a focused portion of infinity in a process of unfocusing. We are part of infinity on our way to become whole. Little by little we make jumps in our awareness and become more aware of more of infinity. This is why love is important.

Everything is an expression of infinity. If we can't love everything in this infinitely small portion of infinity, the transition to a greater portion would be unbearable. If there is something that you do not love, that discord will be magnified in the next expansion of awareness of infinity. That is why love must become unconditional if you are ever to evolve. Love and light are the forces that carry our evolution into higher stages.

The next leap of awareness into the realization of us (infinity) is waiting on us to collectively love this smaller portion of ourselves more wholly. Then we'll be ready for an every-increasing awareness of greater and greater portions of us as infinity.
edit on 4-7-2011 by smithjustinb because: a lil sum'n sum'n

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by smithjustinb

Unity_99 (an ATS member) showed me that light brings what is 2 dimensional into 3 dimensions.

Can you provide a link? I would like to read this.

Infinity and nothing are one. If infinity were something, it would be finite. Existence is dualistic arising from this paradox.

I am sure it has been discussed a million times on here but what is "nothing"?

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Although it sounds good it doesn't really make sense. Infinity describes something that never ends.. just because infinity is not finite doesn't mean it's nothing. Infinity is infinite or has no beginning and no end or just no end. Nothing is the lack of existence or as it would apply here never beginning.
edit on 4-7-2011 by mb2591 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Unlimitedpossibilities

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Nothing is infinity. There are unlimitedpossibilities (pun intended).

Because nothing and infinity are conceptually opposites but are one still, experience is possible. It's like an instability that allows an expression. But anything experienced is still just an expression and part of infinity/nothing.

What is nothing? We are. Nothing is just strangely unstable.

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by mb2591

Although it sounds good it doesn't really make sense. Infinity describes something that never ends.. just because infinity is not finite doesn't mean it's nothing. Infinity is infinite or has no beginning and no end or just no end. Nothing is the lack of existence or as it would apply here never beginning.

It's a widely undiscussed and unrecognized relationship so I understand how it is evasive. However, whatever you say about infinity, you can also say about nothing. Try it.

Nothing has no beginning or end either.

Infinity is the lack of existence because it existing makes it finite.

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Yes I realized that mid post but it doesn't accurately describe both of them.

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 11:15 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 11:38 PM
link   
If you're able to perceive nothingness, doesn't that mean that there's no such thing as nothingness as what remains is a witness?

edit on 5-7-2011 by D1ss1dent because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 12:37 AM
link   
reply to post by D1ss1dent

No, to observe nothingness you must become it.

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 04:52 AM
link   

Uh... I'm just going to try to say this tactfully. Not only does what you've written make no sense, but it's strikingly reminiscent of the Sphinx from "Mystery Men".

plus, seriously, the concept of 'nothing' isn't that complicated. It's not a thing, it's the ABSENCE of a thing.
edit on 5-7-2011 by Awen24 because: correction made in line 1

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Awen24

What can nothing become?
What can infinity become?

Anything.

Anything you say about nothing, you can say about infinity. It just SEEMS, due to you previous understanding and mental conditioning, to be two different things but conceptually, they are exactly the same.

Nothing contains no thing. Infinity is the same.

They are both immeasurable and unending.

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by posthuman

What you're using is unfruitful verbal acrobaties. The act of observing inescapably implies an observer, a witness consciousness and awareness isn't nothingness.

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by D1ss1dent
If you're able to perceive nothingness, doesn't that mean that there's no such thing as nothingness as what remains is a witness?

edit on 5-7-2011 by D1ss1dent because: (no reason given)

I don't think anyone can ever observe nothingness or infinity. Not that it doesn't exist, it's just not possible to perceive it wholly.

Like you said awareness is a something. I speculate that the reason we have creation is awareness of infinity. Except awareness of infinity can't be aware of infinity as a whole, but it can be aware of more and more eternally increasing in awareness observing more and more infinite concepts but never getting there. Until one day you cease to be aware of anything and just exist as the paradox.

It's like dividing a number by two and then dividing the answer by two etc. You get closer and closer to zero, but you never get there until you subtract.

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Nothing = Infinity.

Anything you say about one you can say about the other. If infinity were something, it would be finite. Thus, infinity is nothing.

That is God.

A paradox.

The paradox tries to work itself out and make sense to itself. It tries to resolve itself, but it can't. It is infinite.

Creation is the process of resolution of the paradox. A resolution has one initial need. Awareness.

By awareness, then it can further the process of resolution by being aware of itself. It needs awareness to work itself out or figure out what it is.

Awareness is finite. As long as there is awareness, infinity cannot be directly observed or experienced. We can observe more and more and more eternally, but until we cease observing, we will never reach infinity.

That is evolution. Evolution is the process of becoming aware of a greater portion of infinity. This can't happen until the smaller portions are resolved. If there is discord within the smaller portion, the greater portion would be too much to handle.

Resolution is the act of love. By unconditional love, you become ready for the next leap of awareness. If there is something you do not love, it will become magnified in the next leap of awareness of a greater portion of infinity.

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Infinity and nothing are one.........!
How incredibly bizarre! Amazing, I came up with this idea the other week..and if we were the singularity point infinity would be going out from us and nothing in the opposite direction....sweet.

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by zeevar
Infinity and nothing are one.........!
How incredibly bizarre! Amazing, I came up with this idea the other week..and if we were the singularity point infinity would be going out from us and nothing in the opposite direction....sweet.

Exactly. Look around. What do you see? Everything.

Look at yourself w/o a mirror It's like nothing observing infinity.

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by D1ss1dent
reply to post by posthuman

What you're using is unfruitful verbal acrobaties. The act of observing inescapably implies an observer, a witness
consciousness and awareness isn't nothingness.

Just because you can't reconcile with a foreign paradox by trying to imagine it doesn't make the issue ineffable; you're right, consciousness (being 'something') would generally not be considered 'nothing'. However when I talk about 'becoming' nothingness, I'm talking about the release of your consciousness, its (sensory) limitations ceasing to exist (no trace of an ego either), suddenly, you're a part of, and you perceive, everything; it is through the paradoxical mechanisms of this event coupled with the lack of reference for your consciousness (in an ego) that ingrain the knowledge that you just became infinity, and it consisted of both 'everything' and 'nothing' at the same time.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by smithjustinb
Awareness is finite. As long as there is awareness, infinity cannot be directly observed or experienced. We can observe more and more and more eternally, but until we cease observing, we will never reach infinity.

I have the strange impression that you're playing a game on us so I give up. This is too nonsensical.

Have a nice day.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Forget him
Keep up the dialectics with me!

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by posthuman

Forget him
Keep up the dialectics with me!

All is infinity. It's like a fractal. Any portion is an image of the whole. But any portion is a finite illusion. Truly there is no separation of nothing and infinity. All is uniform. However, within the illusion nothing and infinity are not seen as one. Thus creation persists.

The Bible is a perfect example of this paradox.
It seems contradictory that in the Old Testament, God is portrayed as angry and negative and then in the New Testament, God is portrayed as loving and positive. This is not a contradiction. This is just the perception of God. In the OT, they see God as nothing (whether they know it or not), and in the NT they see God as infinity. But the Bible is not limited to a single testament. The whole of God is there. It's just seen from different angles.

Destructive emotions such as anger, jealousy, wrath, etc. are a means to what end?
Nothingness

Creative emotions such as love, patience, peace, joy, etc. are a means to what end?
Infinity

These emotions are the driving force for the progression towards the same thing.

It's all about perspective. Is your glass half-full, or half empty?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join