It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran threat reveals underground ballistic missile silos

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Iran unveiled underground ballistic missile silos for the first time on Monday in a warning to the world of its ability to protect its missiles and secretly store them in hidden locations throughout the country. The unveiling of underground missile silos was confirmation of Israeli and American warnings in recent years that Iran was dispersing its missiles in silos, likely scattered throughout the country.

Source

14 missiles including , four medium-range and one long-range Shahab and 9 Zelzal missiles were launched marking the second day of the war game Prophet 6 , on Tuesday June 28 .On the first day of the exercises, Iran unveiled underground missile silos and fired Fateh-110 missile.The spokesman for The Great Prophet 6 drills General Asghar Qelich-Khani said the silos are part of the swift reaction units of Iran's missile forces."The silos are a part of the swift reaction unit of the missile brigade; missiles are stored vertically, ready to be launched against pre-determined targets," Sardar Qelich-Khani said Monday.

edit on 3-7-2011 by RightInTwo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 07:16 PM
link   
What I find interesting is what they call their mission. To call something "Great Prophet 6" is just stating that you wish to start a war. Of course this means that they have had missions "Great Prophet 1-5" as well. I just wonder what those missions were exactly.

These are all just leading up to a great war in the middle east. When it all comes to a head it is going to be very bad for everyone. Not just that area.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Interesting.

Now th question is, on their medium and long range missles, what are the ranges they can reach.

Aside that, not a big surprise.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Yeah, I'll trust the Jerusalem Post in an article about Iran about as far as I can spit.

What's their point? They have weapons, no one else can? Israel has spoken openly about attacking Iran, are they not to defend themselves?

Also the video you posted was not underground ballistic missle launches. They were above ground. The last seconds showed a rocket in a structure, and we saw a seperate shot of doors opening. Didn't see both.

Also where is the threat?

Israel talks every week about openly attacking Iran.

Is just possession of a weapon a threat now? Did they point it at Israel? Did they say they are firing them at Israel? No.
edit on 3-7-2011 by Tephra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Attrei
What I find interesting is what they call their mission. To call something "Great Prophet 6" is just stating that you wish to start a war.

Just because they infuse religion into the naming of a rocket, you automatically assume they intend to initiate a war with them?? Why not self defense? I think you've let the anti-Iran propaganda derange your logic on this point.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Hmm, looks like the Iranian Photoshop experts have been honing their skills.

A video was released by Iran back in 2008 that was an obvious Photoshop job.
thelede.blogs.nytimes.com...

Sarcasm aside, this is serious news. Iran has been on "the list" since Bush named them as one of the Axis of Evil. I wouldn't doubt that Iran has taken the threat seriously and taken steps to protect themselves. The US and the USSR played the missile shell game for most of the Cold War. Unfortunately, for Iran missiles aren't as undefendable as they once were. Missiles in the sand aren't going to deter Israel too much once they make up their mind to take out Iran's nuclear facilities.

I wonder why they're putting out a new video now? I haven't seen any OMG THEIR GOING TO ATTACK IRAN IN 10 MINUTES threads around here lately. Course, I always figured that if Israel decided to do something that we'd hear about it after it was already done.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by LazyGuy
Hmm, looks like the Iranian Photoshop experts have been honing their skills.

A video was released by Iran back in 2008 that was an obvious Photoshop job.
thelede.blogs.nytimes.com...

isn't also possible that the pentagon along with the complicity of the msm doctored the original video to make it look like an obvious photoshop to discredit iran.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Son of Will

When people have said they want to destroy us, and called our country and president the Great Devil, Yes I will assume that these people wish to kill us. I will take the side of those against these people. There are more people that want to destroy those of us who are Christian than who wish to see us succeed in life. The Iranians will attack Israel as soon as their great new leader appears and gives them permission. they want Israel and the U.S. wiped off the map. So yes, I will state "They want to start a major war"

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by RightInTwo

Jerusalem post. Reaffirming the Jerusalem post.

WHAT A SURPRISE.

Question:

Where are those WMD's in Iraq that were visible via satellite?

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Attrei

Hi, I wonder if you have any idea who Iran intend to strike, should they wish to do so. I recently watched a news program that showed Iran are suggesting, regardless of what weapons they own, will only be used in a defensive manner if they are attacked first. Do you forsee a possible false flag event by the west to trigger the final war or will Iran make the first strike and has always indended to do so??

Just interested in your own personal thoughts,

Regards.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Figures, you won't take the word of Jerusalem post,
So I guess the official Iranian news agency is what you need:

www.presstv.ir...

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 04:14 AM
link   
reply to post by gravitational

The Iranian regime is the Israeli regime to me. It's not like they're secret buddies...oh WAIT.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 05:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zamini

The Iranian regime is the Israeli regime to me. It's not like they're secret buddies...oh WAIT.

Huh ???
Any more hilarious statements like this up you sleeve?

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 06:21 AM
link   

Is that shock I sense there?

It's the truth bub, sorry, but it is as it is.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 07:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Zamini

Thanks, now I have a new hilarious signature.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 07:29 AM
link   
I was just looking at the map. First I had a look on Iran, then USA. The distance between the borders of those two countries is large. So, Iran is no threat to USA. USA has aircraft-carriers placed nearby often. So, if there is a threat, it's probably the other way around. Aircraft-carriers are weapons that are used almost exclusively to invade other countries. The world would be a better place if they were banned.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zamini

Yeah I get the same feeling when I watch Jaws, it really all makes sense when you realize that some of the characters are actually on the same side as the shark.

Mind = blown.

Oh buddy, the buses don't go where you live, do they?

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Dnevnoi

like this Mossad agent ?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/30a40b4342fd.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Dnevnoi

You're going to deny yourself in time

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Thanks, now I have a new hilarious signature.

Glad I could inspire you and contribute to your daily life...

now if only you could do the same.

Besides, you know I'm right ;-) It just scares you too much so you ridicule it.

new topics

top topics

join