It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aluminum Foil Deflector Beanie and the Tin Foil Hat in History. Do you have yours?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   

This is the earliest in history that I can find on the tin foil hat, but I read through this blog and went to its sources and can not verify its validity.

The tin foil hat has a long and rich history which can be traced back to 1717 when Freemasonry began. Men that found themselves suspicious of the Freemasons, due to the extravagance and beauty of their hats, soon began (to) be very angry, one might even say mad, and set forth to form their own Fraternity.

Source: thetinfoilhatbrigade.blogspot.com...

The next earliest reference is in the book “The Tissue-Culture King” by Julian Huxley...

The reader will perhaps ask how we ourselves expected to escape from the clutches of the superconsciousness we had created. Well, we had discovered that metal was relatively impervious to the telepathic effect, and had prepared for ourselves a sort of tin pulpit, behind which we could stand while conducting experiments. This, combined with caps of metal foil, enormously reduced the effects on ourselves. We had not informed Bugala of this property of metal…..

published in "The Yale Review" Apr 1926 and Amazing Aug 1927.

The next reference I can find is the use of metal to defeat alien mind control in the movie "They Came From Beyond Space" made in 1967

So what is a tin foil hat and what does it do?

A Tin Foil Hat or Aluminum(Aluminium for those who pronounce it thus) Foil Deflector Beanie is a hat or beanie made of tin foil, usually of multiple layers and some of intricate designs, that protects its wearers brain from such influences as electromagnetic fields, or against mind control and/or mind reading; or the attempt to limit the transmission of voices directly into the brain.

Among a fringe community of paranoids, aluminum helmets serve as the protective measure of choice against invasive radio signals. We investigate the efficacy of three aluminum helmet designs on a sample group of four individuals. Using a $250,000 network analyzer, we find that although on average all helmets attenuate invasive radio frequencies in either directions (either emanating from an outside source, or emanating from the cranium of the subject), certain frequencies are in fact greatly amplified. These amplified frequencies coincide with radio bands reserved for government use according to the Federal Communication Commission (FCC). Statistical evidence suggests the use of helmets may in fact enhance the government’s invasive abilities. We speculate that the government may in fact have started the helmet craze for this reason. www.menwithfoilhats.com...

An excerpt from the definitive online AFDB work, zapatopi.net... :

An Aluminum Foil Deflector Beanie (AFDB) is a type of headwear that can shield your brain from most electromagnetic psychotronic mind control carriers. AFDBs are inexpensive (even free if you don't mind scrounging for thrown-out aluminum foil) and can be constructed by anyone with at least the dexterity of a chimp (maybe bonobo). This cheap and unobtrusive form of mind control protection offers real security to the masses. Not only do they protect against incoming signals, but they also block most forms of brain scanning and mind reading, keeping the secrets in your head truly secret. AFDBs are safe and operate automatically. All you do is make it and wear it and you're good to go! Plus, AFDBs are stylish and comfortable.

There are three problems with the Tin Foil Hat or the Aluminum Foil Deflector Beanie. First, they are designed to block radio waves, unfortunately they amplify the specific frequencies the Government uses. Second, they are designed to block radio waves and we shifted to digital. And third, they appear on radar. Some suggest that a form of plastic wrap be used instead, as they are not detected on radar and are much more "stealthier".

During the Cold War, electromagnetic hearing was clinically studied in the United States for applications including covert message transmission and use as a non-lethal weapon. As a declassified National Ground Intelligence Center document points out:
It may be useful to provide a disruptive condition to a person not aware of the technology. Not only might it be disruptive to the sense of hearing, it could be psychologically devastating if one suddenly heard "voices within one's head". In 1962, Allan H. Frey discovered that reception of the induced sound can be blocked by a patch of wire mesh (not foil) placed above the temporal lobe.
Source: en.wikipedia.org...

Ray Cerveau, Mind Control Columnist for the Weekly World Inquisitor, presents a shockingly believable vision of a near-future dystopia after the NWO crack down on personal mind-control protection! www.weeklyworldinquisitor.com...

AMIGA AND LINUX USERS: It is advised that you get a copy of MindGuard for your personal anti-psychotronic needs. Although an AFDB is an effective guard against most forms of psychotronic mind control, it is no substitute for the comprehensive protection afforded by MindGuard.
Source: zapatopi.net...

In conclusion, The use of a TFH or an AFDB is left to the individual and their personal level of paranoia. A small warning though, If you choose to protect yourself with a TFH or an AFDB please use metal that is free from Mercury lest you end up being a "Mad Hatter".

Feel free to comment and/or show pictures of your hat/beanie.

edit on 3-7-2011 by IPILYA because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   
They are great for pets too.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Everyone knows tin-foil hats don't work.

You have to use lead-foil.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Copper works really good too, but it makes your forehead all greeny! Additionally, one might consider with the explosion of electonic devices, WIFI signals, HAARP Arrays, and massive space based transmitting platforms, I would suggest upgrading your PECPS (Personal Electo-Magnetic-Cranial-Protection-Systems) to something more along the line of used aluminium siding!

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by IPILYA

Unfortunately mine is the earlier 'Nelson' version, never could keep up with these new fangled devices. Question is will it still cover me?

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   
The hats dont work as intended
But they are fun to joke about or accent a point in a post
If anything they would act as an antenna ..like we used to put tinfoil on the TV antenna for better reception

As I type this I am wearing an old style aluminum hard hat..The head band keeps it off your head so it is a heavyduty deflector .
or a sign to the wife that im at it again !!

edit on 3-7-2011 by granpabobby because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   
One of our regular ATS members (Iknowstuff) makes sure his pet is well protected:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a0895ca501c2.jpg[/atsimg]

I think it's catching on

edit on 3-7-2011 by Tasty Canadian because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   
How could you leave out Ned kelly? Man this guy went all out ,not using tin foil but cold hard steel forged in the depths of hell.Bulletproof and icy cool. Also had ball protection,which was definitely needed.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by 12voltz

Sorry I missed it thanks for adding it in.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by IPILYA

Explanation: S&F!

Here is a REAL and HISTORICAL metal magicians hat!

Golden Hat [wiki]

Golden hats (or Gold hats) (German: Goldhüte, singular: Goldhut) are a very specific and rare type of archaeological artefact from Bronze Age Central Europe. So far, four such objects ("cone-shaped gold hats of the Schifferstadt type") are known. The objects are made of thin sheet gold and were attached externally to long conical and brimmed headdresses which were probably made of some organic material and served to stabilise the external gold leaf. The following Golden Hats are known at present:

Golden Hat of Schifferstadt, found in 1835 at Schifferstadt near Speyer, circa 1400-1300 BC.
Avanton Gold Cone, incomplete, found at Avanton near Poitiers in 1844, c. 1000-900 BC.
Golden Cone of Ezelsdorf-Buch, found near Ezelsdorf near Nuremberg in 1953, circa 1000-900 BC; the tallest known specimen at c. 90 cm.
Berlin Gold Hat, found probably in Swabia or Switzerland, circa 1000-800 BC; acquired by the Museum für Vor- und Frühgeschichte, Berlin, in 1996.

FUNCTION:...

It is assumed that the Golden Hats served as religious insignia for the deities or priests of a sun cult then widespread in Central Europe. Their use as head-gear is strongly supported by the fact that the three of four examples have a cap-like widening at the bottom of the cone, and that their openings are oval (not round), with diameters and shapes roughly equivalent to those of a human skull. The figural depiction of an object resembling a conical hat on a stone slab of the King's Grave at Kivik, Southern Sweden, strongly supports their association with religion and cult, as does the fact that the known examples appear to have been deposited (buried) carefully.

Attempts to decipher the Golden Hats' ornamentation suggest that their cultic role is accompanied or complemented by a usability as complex calendrical devices. Whether they were really used for such purposes, or simply presented the underlying astronomical knowledge, remains unknown.

Personal Disclosure: Truth is far stranger than fiction!

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 09:30 PM
link   
I had no idea there was so much info on these hats.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 09:49 PM
link   
If you think that government RF transmissions are tin foil hat conspiracy bunkum, please do the following.
Get a Cen tech volt ohm meter from harbor freight, 4 dollars. and a small signal germanium diode. silicon also works, but germanium is much more sensitive.
simply wire the diode in series between the plus and minus leads. if the voltage reads negative, reverse.
now put on dash of car, hang leads from rear view mirror.
find high voltage power lines (3 foot long insulators).
the voltmeter should read (on the dc 200 m scale) at least 200.

Now you have tested your rf detector on 60 cycles.

so just drive around. you can see high readings passing near a microwave tower.

but wait. you can see high readings, a different times of the day, with nothing nearby.

think about that.

maybe you need a waterfall spectrometer... or not.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 10:41 PM
link   
I always kind of wondered at the idea of aluminum hats. Aluminum is a metal, and a decent conductor, so it always appeared to me that it might amplify certain frequencies, not unlike a radio attena. Nice to know that my hunch was valid.
edit on 3-7-2011 by AnIntellectualRedneck because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by watchitburn

Copperfoil

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by darkstar57
If you think that government RF transmissions are tin foil hat conspiracy bunkum, please do the following.
Get a Cen tech volt ohm meter from harbor freight, 4 dollars. and a small signal germanium diode. silicon also works, but germanium is much more sensitive.
simply wire the diode in series between the plus and minus leads. if the voltage reads negative, reverse.
now put on dash of car, hang leads from rear view mirror.
find high voltage power lines (3 foot long insulators).
the voltmeter should read (on the dc 200 m scale) at least 200.

Now you have tested your rf detector on 60 cycles.

so just drive around. you can see high readings passing near a microwave tower.

but wait. you can see high readings, a different times of the day, with nothing nearby.

think about that.

maybe you need a waterfall spectrometer... or not.

Obviously this tells us that those wires and towers are emitting a frequency. But what does that mean?

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 07:57 AM
link   
I wonder if you attached a ground wire to a ground and your tinfoil hat,would it ground out the government frequencies and provide protection even from them.

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   
WHOA!!!!!!!

How did I not see this thread

1st off thanks to tasty canadian for the free plug,

In these uncertain times it is of vital importance that we protect our minds, dont listen to anyone who says that tin foil hats act as amplifiers as these people are blatantly gov dis info agents trying to get you unprotected.

Making your own hat is easy as you can feel the voices in your head go away when properly fitted but what about your pets??
Many people attempt to make their animals safe but fail miserably as the most receptive part of animals minds arent at the top front like ours its at the back bottom (scientificaly proven people).

I run a professional pet tin foil hat making service and would be glad to help any ATS members protect their loved ones at a discounted rate.

just send me your pets head measurements and breed (area of protection varies slightly from breed to breed and species) as well as a checque for $5k Aust and Youll have your hat in 2 weeks

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by watchitburn
Everyone knows tin-foil hats don't work.

You have to use lead-foil.

what about troll foil? or Agent foil?

Do they sell that?

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 05:51 AM
link   
reply to post by John_Rodger_Cornman

LMAO, maybe we can use stones to absorb different energies, I know black jade protects against worldly influence of emotions. Makes me think of X-men and Magneto
how he protects himself with a metal helmet against Charles the mind invader

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 12:11 AM
link   
effective or not im going to walk around in town with a tin foil hat just to get weird looks..

being serious though i think the CIAs radio waves can penetrate tin foil by now

top topics

<<   2 >>

join