It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

One Of The Most Beautiful And Inspiring Videos You Will Ever Watch (Bump)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 06:18 AM
link   
The original post was made awhile ago, and many have yet to watch this. The song and video are truly awesome. Given current events in the world, this song really relaxes you imo. Credits go to v1rtu0s0 for the OP, I am just bringing it back to life. If you like, please star n flag the original post at the link. Enjoy.

OP. www.abovetopsecret.com...

Video: (link in op is dead, here is new) www.youtube.com...

Enjoy!

Deebo

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 06:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Deebo

Since Terrestrial planets are known to be quite more common than we once thought it really would be interesting to see the variety and uniqueness of other planets out there.

Suppose Earth will have to suffice for now.

I can't wait to see the other Star-Systems Out there.

I fear that may not come in our life times though.

I surmise the Sol's(Our Star) Planets will have to suffice for now as well.

I believe
Life is everywhere in the Universe
We will find a lot more life than most people
ever imagined i think.
edit on 3-7-2011 by TheUniverse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 06:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Deebo
The original post was made awhile ago, and many have yet to watch this. The song and video are truly awesome. Given current events in the world, this song really relaxes you imo. Credits go to v1rtu0s0 for the OP, I am just bringing it back to life. If you like, please star n flag the original post at the link. Enjoy.

Enjoy!

Deebo

this thread is a little unnecessary.. the video was posted only a couple of months ago and recieved alot of attention, including 208 flags..

do we really need to be making threads about other threads that were on here recently?

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 06:56 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 07:42 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Deebo thanks for putting this up. I never saw the original post and wouldn't have known to search for it. The video is awe inspiring and I am really taken by it. What incredible photography. S&F for a repost that was worth the space.
edit on 7/3/2011 by lonegurkha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Misterlondon

if everyone just clicked off comments they didnt like or dont agree with there would be no debates here and this site would be flooded with disinformation..

doesn't seem like the OP of this thread was looking to debate anything. . .just pointing out a great vid that some may have missed

Thanks OP I didnt see this the first time 'round!
I will be taking your advice & going to the original thread to give my flag there, thanks again!

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   

I'm inclined to agree with Mr.London on this.

Yes, the video is breathtaking and worthwhile.

But, it seems that the creation of a NEW thread simply to bump a recent similar one goes against the grain and is likely to rub people the wrong way. For one thing, if a thread has the merits and moxie to stand the test of time, and stand on its own, then it is a testament to its value. By groping for more viewership once the original post starts to fade smacks of desperation and makes the original thread "cheaper" than it would have been if not artificially propped up.

Imagine if EVERY thread at ATS that a member deems worthy of increased viewership were permitted to simply be 're-introduced' once it begins to fade away. We would soon be clogged by "Bumper" threads as members one after another attempted to reinvigorate issues they think should be artificially elevated back to 'top-of-the-heap' status. No thank you. If there is no T&C rule against such behavior already there ought to be. What say you, Mods?

My biggest concern however is with the poster asking that we not only visit the thread but that we also "star and flag" it. Are you serious? ATS is now a campaign for votes? A popularity contest? Does this request not go against the entire premise of the star and flag system? I thought we members star and flag threads based on OUR OWN determination of a thread being worthy of it - and NOT because another poster is campaigning for us to go there and "do it"!

Just IMHO, but this solicitation of star and flag votes is crossing the line. It cheapens the whole purpose of such a system. Not sure about anyone else, but I won't participate in the prostitution of ATS's noble and HONORABLE star & flag methodology.

It's sad - as the film in question is indeed wonderful. Pumping for extra points and eyeballs takes a lot away from it...
edit on 7/3/2011 by Outrageo because: whtvr

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Ok I never thought of it that way, delete mods, please.

Deebo

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Outrageo

I'm inclined to agree with Mr.London on this.

Yes, the video is breathtaking and worthwhile.

But, it seems that the creation of a NEW thread simply to bump a recent similar one goes against the grain and is likely to rub people the wrong way. For one thing, if a thread has the merits and moxie to stand the test of time, and stand on its own, then it is a testament to its value. By groping for more viewership once the original post starts to fade smacks of desperation and makes the original thread "cheaper" than it would have been if not artificially propped up.

Imagine if EVERY thread at ATS that a member deems worthy of increased viewership were permitted to simply be 're-introduced' once it begins to fade away. We would soon be clogged by "Bumper" threads as members one after another attempted to reinvigorate issues they think should be artificially elevated back to 'top-of-the-heap' status. No thank you. If there is no T&C rule against such behavior already there ought to be. What say you, Mods?

My biggest concern however is with the poster asking that we not only visit the thread but that we also "star and flag" it. Are you serious? ATS is now a campaign for votes? A popularity contest? Does this request not go against the entire premise of the star and flag system? I thought we members star and flag threads based on OUR OWN determination of a thread being worthy of it - and NOT because another poster is campaigning for us to go there and "do it"!

Just IMHO, but this solicitation of star and flag votes is crossing the line. It cheapens the whole purpose of such a system. Not sure about anyone else, but I won't participate in the prostitution of ATS's noble and HONORABLE star & flag methodology.

It's sad - as the film in question is indeed wonderful. Pumping for extra points and eyeballs takes a lot away from it...
edit on 7/3/2011 by Outrageo because: whtvr

Your right, I never really thought it out.. I hear what you are saying.

D

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Deebo

No worries, mate. Nothing personal. Just hoping to maintain the integrity of the system as it was intended and designed.

The film clip is really quite beautiful. And the sound score from "The Fountain" movie adds much to the 'warm & fuzzy' of The Mountain video.

Your better bet might have been to simply make a new thread, find a few similarly inspiring videos (there are many available), and then toss The Mountain clip in there as an "afterthought" worthy of repeat mention.

In any event - no harm - no foul.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Deebo
The original post was made awhile ago,

Please post your comments in the original thread.

Closed.

new topics

top topics

join