It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Honey I Shrunk The Kids And Time Travel!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Hello there, i am a long time lurker and now an ATS noob!

I have something i would like to share with you all so bare with me if you will...

Ok, well i was watching Honey i Shrunk the kids the other day and this great movie got me thinking about "Time Travel".

In the next few weeks i am going to start work on a similar machine that was built for the movie. Yes i really am going to shrink people, volenteers are welcome!

But what the hell has this got to do with time travel you are thinking?

Well, i have two theories!

The first is simple...

I would need to shrink my subject down to the size of an elementry particle, a neutrino for example. The subject would have next to zero mass and this would enable me to accelerate my subject close to the speed of light, thus attaining my goal.

My preferd theory, which i think could possible work and has the many more benefits and implications!

The subject (a person) would need to be shrunk down to the size of the fabric of space time itself, Planks Length! As we know that any object smaller would make no physical sense, this would mean my subject would be able to slip into the fabric of space time its self, moving in and out of the quantum foam and open and closed strings at will.

Anyway I hope you have enjoyed reading about my theories and i will let you all know how i progress with my project.

Thank you for reading!

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by quantummechanic2011

Hi quantummechanic2011, and welcome to the Introductions Forum, a place to say hello to the ATS community. For now you can reply to any thread in any member forum you wish, as well as send & receive (PM's) Private Messages to Staff only for now. Once you have achieved 20 posts, you will then be able to start your own threads and additionally send & receive messages to and from fellow ATS members.

Some handy links, links and more links.

Index of Important ATS Related Threads

Start Here - ATS Freshmans Forum

Hey new members!! Come here if you need advice

Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First

Terms & Conditions Of Use (Please read)

Rules for Avatars and Mini-Profile Background images

Signature Guidelines

Take your time and enjoy. If you have any questions just ask.

Sauron,
Super-Moderator.

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Hello and Welcome to ATS
lots of things to get into
Again welcome from Texas
Honey I Shrunk The Kids was a fun movie..a Movie
I would think if you shrunk someone they would become incredabily dense and shrunk to the size you talk about could not breath ..O2 molicules would be bigger than they are.
Welcome to try..Let us know

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 07:22 PM
link   
hi welcome to ats

p.s - pay attention to the anti-drug policy on the t&c

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 08:01 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by seedofchucky
hi welcome to ats

p.s - pay attention to the anti-drug policy on the t&c

Sometimes I really wish we could star people in intro threads.

Anyhow, welcome to ATS there ops...
I suggest shrinking people by intimidation...get about 4 drill sergeants to yell at the subject until they are atomic.

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by quantummechanic2011

Have you got a pic of an neutrino, Cause you will need to learn to capture a pic on
finalization of project as froof of project sucessful.
Regards robbo, And welcome to ATS.

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Looking foward to your theory. As my understanding, from a couple of people I talk to, time travel cant be done physically. You cant take anything with you, and you cant take anything back. Welcome to the board and certain welcome your theory with an open mind.

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 10:51 PM
link   
If you make this shrinking machine, I don't think you need to worry about any other project for the rest of your life. Plus it wouldn't work, as pointed out above

Welcome to ATS

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 09:14 PM
link   

top topics

join