It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Porter Goss Met With Mohammad Atta Financier on 9-11

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2004 @ 08:10 AM
link   

CIA gets new boss in Porter Goss
CHIDANAND RAJGHATTA

TIMES NEWS NETWORK[ TUESDAY, AUGUST 10, 2004 08:09:29 PM

Most controversially, Goss was having a breakfast meeting in Washington with the then ISI chief Mahmoud Ahmad at the exact instant the 9/11 hijackers flew their planes into the World Trade Center. Ahmad was a Taliban supporter who was subsequently removed from his job when he continued to bat for the outlaw regime post 9/11.

Some reports have suggested that Ahmad and the ISI had links to -- or foreknowledge about -- 9/11. A money transfer from Karachi to the hijackers in Florida has never been fully explored or explained. Ahmad was never called to account for this or his support to the Taliban post 9/11 even as General Musharraf moved him into the shadows.

timesofindia.indiatimes.com...

This nomination is about as troubling as Bush's appointment of accused war criminal Henry Kissinger to head the independent 9-11 commission. I see this as a way for the administration to clamp the lid down tight on dissent at the CIA.

BushCo. has constantly abused the CIA by scapegoating them, blowing off their recommendations and outting agents. It's contemptable. Because of this treatment, a storm is brewing within the ranks. Goss seems to be just the man to come in and blow that back out to sea. He is only the second lawmaker since the CIA's creation to head the organization. George H. W. Bush was the first.

The fact that Goss, Sen. Bob Graham, (D.), Fla. and the Pakistani Gen., Mahmoud Ahmad were meeting in Washington on that very moring is most troubling. Ahmad arranged for supposed hijack ringleader Mohammad Atta to recieve $100,000 shortly before 9-11. This should cause alarm bells to be going off in everyone's heads. Goss and Graham had to have had foreknowledge of the attack. The last time such a high-ranking Pakistani representative came to our nation's capitol, their country experienced similar turmoil. Coincidence, I think not.

The question is, why were those heads of committees meeting with the General on that day - of all days? And why hasn't ANYONE in congress, the "independent" 9-11 commission and the subservient corporate media demanded an answer to these questions?

Only one thing can adequately explain the silence. They were complicit. To what extent, no one can say. One thing is certain, though; the American people deserve to know. For the sake of justice and for true security, we must demand a full accounting of who knew what and when!

Nominating partisan ex-spook Porter Goss to head the CIA is the last thing on earth the American people need! And everything the floundering Bush administration needs.

posted on Aug, 11 2004 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by EastCoastKid
The fact that Goss, Sen. Bob Graham, (D.), Fla. and the Pakistani Gen., Mahmoud Ahmad were meeting in Washington on that very moring is most troubling.

Especially when a just a quick glance at the mainstream CNN coverage reveals this: Key Democrats Object to Bush's Choice, but... (paraphrased)

But Sen. Bob Graham, a former Democratic presidential candidate, praised the nomination of his fellow Floridian. He predicted that Goss would be a "vigorous and visionary leader" and urged prompt confirmation by the Senate. Graham once headed the Senate Select Committee on Intelligence.

posted on Aug, 11 2004 @ 10:52 AM
link   
This is a classic example of the mainstream media proving who its master is. SHAREHOLDERS. Forget the commissions, forget the puppets in congress; they're never gonna do the right thing here. They will always take care of their own. It's the media who should be out there asking these questions LOUDLY. Otherwise, what good is a "free press?" Demanding answers should be its main goal.

Unfortunately, anyone who tries to question the official story is threatened and/or blackballed. All I can say is thank God for the internet. Without it, we would be so (much more) in the dark than we are even now.

posted on Aug, 11 2004 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Excellent post. I'm always waiting for the story of General Ahmad's timely U.S. visit to break in the mainstream press.

The most interesting thing about this, to me, is what happened to Ahmad after he returned to Pakistan. He retired on October 8th, apparently forced to by Musharraf under U.S. pressure. No investigation ensued.

Here's a good article dealing with the matter by by Michel Chossudovsky
Professor of Economics, University of Ottawa:

www.globalresearch.ca...

excerpt from the summary:

The existence of an "ISI-Osama-Taliban axis" was a matter of public record. The links between the ISI and agencies of the US government including the CIA are also a matter of public record. The Bush Administration was fully cognizant of Lt. General Ahmad's role. In other words, rather than waging a campaign against international terrorism, the evidence would suggest that it is indirectly abetting international terrorism, using the Pakistani ISI as a "go-between".

The Bush Administration's links with Pakistan's ISI --including its "consultations" with General Ahmad in the week prior to September 11-- raise the issue of "complicity". While Ahmad was talking to US officials at the CIA and the Pentagon, ISI officials were allegedly also in contact with the September 11 terrorists.

-koji K.

[edit on 11-8-2004 by koji_K]

posted on Aug, 11 2004 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by koji_K
Here's a good article dealing with the matter by by Michel Chossudovsky
Professor of Economics, University of Ottawa:

www.globalresearch.ca...

-koji K.

Thanks, koji_k.
Excellent link, too, btw.

I quit looking to the mainstream media for real news a long time ago. As I watched the cheerleading that passed for coverage of the run-up to the Iraq invasion, I knew the institution (media) was lost forever.

This is a true smoking gun in the 9-11 case. The funny thing is - no one wants to touch it with a 10-foot pole. Hell, look at the small number of posts on this so far. It's pathetic. Everyone wants to waste their time discussing THEORIES; NOBODY wants to get down to the brass tax and discuss REALITIES.

That Pakistani General should be interrogated thoroughly and if found to be complicit, given the death penalty. It's that simple.

posted on Aug, 11 2004 @ 11:07 AM
link   
And don't even get me started on what should be done to those Americans who had foreknowledge of that tragic event.

They may slither away from being exposed as the traitors they are here on earth; but make no mistake, anyone involved in Operation Northwoods 2001 (9-11) will burn in hell throughout eternity.

posted on Aug, 11 2004 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by EastCoastKid
And don't even get me started on what should be done to those Americans who had foreknowledge of that tragic event.

They may slither away from being exposed as the traitors they are here on earth; but make no mistake, anyone involved in Operation Northwoods 2001 (9-11) will burn in hell throughout eternity.

Yes! Thank you ECK! Operation Northwoods! I was trying to remember the name but couldn't. Here are some links for those who don't know what Operation Northwoods is.

www.whatreallyhappened.com...
www.gwu.edu...
www.ratical.org...
www.mackwhite.com...

Northwoods has been proven to be a top secret project by the way.

posted on Aug, 11 2004 @ 11:15 AM
link   
ECK I gotta give you credit.

You can find the conspiracies.

The original lead came from India. Pakistans greatest enemy. Right at the time that the U.S was getting close to Pakistan and India was pushing into Pakistani territory. No coincidence there.

Mahmoud was the leader of the Pakistani security force. And American leaders were meeting with him. You are right. That MUST mean they knew about 9/11.

He disappeared into Pakistan when we needed Pakistani help and we did not want to embarrass them. You can build a conspiracy around anything if you try hard enough.

posted on Aug, 11 2004 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by crmanager

The original lead came from India. Pakistans greatest enemy. Right at the time that the U.S was getting close to Pakistan and India was pushing into Pakistani territory. No coincidence there.

Mahmoud was the leader of the Pakistani security force. And American leaders were meeting with him. You are right. That MUST mean they knew about 9/11.

He disappeared into Pakistan when we needed Pakistani help and we did not want to embarrass them. You can build a conspiracy around anything if you try hard enough.

The head of Pakistans intelligence service orders the transfer of $100,000 to Mohammad Atta on September 10th, while in the U.S. himself, and then is forced into quiet retirement by the U.S.? No investigation? Please, tell me these are the actions of an administration with nothing to hide and/or an interest in pursuing all leads to finding those responsible for 9/11.

-koji K.

[edit on 11-8-2004 by koji_K]

posted on Aug, 11 2004 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by crmanager

CRMANAGER,
Keep dreaming, wishing, hoping that the truth remains subverted. If it ever did get out into the mainstream press your illusions would be shattered. Cognative dissonance suits you.

Thanks for the links MRMULDER.

posted on Aug, 11 2004 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Here's some more info on what folks are saying about Goss being picked for the post:

Bush's CIA Pick: 'Business as Usual'

by Jim Lobe
Antiwar.com

"I said then and I still believe that the selection of a politician � any politician, from any party � is a mistake," Rockefeller added, noting that the nominee "will need to answer tough questions about his record and his position on reform, including questions on the independence of the leader of the intelligence community."

Others were more blunt. Stansfield Turner, the CIA director under former President Jimmy Carter (1977-1981) described the nomination as the "worst in the history of the post," while Mel Goodman, a former top CIA analyst, currently at the Center for International Policy (CIP), said the Florida congressman "has all the wrong credentials," including a nine-year stint in the 1960s as a covert CIA operative in Latin America and Europe.

Still others described Goss as a "cat's paw" for Vice President Dick Cheney, whose office, according to a number of retired intelligence officials, played a key role in corrupting the intelligence process in the run-up to Washington's attack on Iraq in March 2003.
www.antiwar.com...

This guy is a major part of the "intelligence failure" problem, without a doubt.

posted on Aug, 13 2004 @ 08:21 AM
link   
There's only one reason Bush chose Porter Goss to head the CIA - to cover his A double S. Goss is just the man to put the lid on what's really going on.

Cover-up in the works
How the appointment of Porter Goss to the CIA makes the world safe for George W. Bush

WITH THE NOMINATION of Republican congressman and White House errand boy Porter Goss of Florida as the next director of the Central Intelligence Agency, President George W. Bush has mocked the spirit and industry of the bipartisan National Commission on Terrorist Attacks, which called for major reform in the CIA and national-security establishment in the wake of the failures that led to 9/11.

The Goss nomination serves Bush�s narrow and personal political interests, not the nation�s needs.

That comes as no surprise.
www.bostonphoenix.com... cuments/04052857.asp

This should not be allowed!

posted on Aug, 13 2004 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Good thread EastCoastKid,

Let us not forget that the high alert on the nation�s security levels now is coming from the intelligent of our now very good friends in Pakistan.

Since when we are relaying on Pakistani intelligence to base our terror alerts on US?

Call me ignorant but I do not get it.

Beside do you see a resemblance between Goss and Rumsfiel (sorry if I misspell the name?)

posted on Aug, 13 2004 @ 09:10 AM
link   
The other day, news broke that a Pakistani man was apprehended right outside of my workplace - filming our banks and other places considered targets (Atlanta's subway system, a dam in Texas, Austin statehouse, etc). He's currently in custody awaiting a court date.) What's interesting to me, is that he is a Pakistani citizen who was denied citizenship, period. Even though his wife is a citizen. Why is that? Kind of odd considering that and that they have 3 children and other family here.

Saudi Arabia is being set up for an invasion - if Bush is re-elected. It is Pakistan that played a major role in 9-11! Saudi only played a peripheral role. (It's called LIMITED HANGOUT!)

If you want to unravel 9-11 - LOOK TO PAKISTAN!

posted on Aug, 13 2004 @ 11:39 AM
link   
What I wanna know is did the FBI ever even TRY and question the good General? Doubtful. The available information leads to only one conclusion: Goss and Graham had foreknowledge. This should be FRONT PAGE news.

White House Nominee to Head the CIA
has Dubious Links to the Terror Network
by Michel Chossudovsky
www.globalresearch.ca 3 July 2004 (revised July 5)
The URL of this article is: globalresearch.ca...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Two weeks before 9/11, Porter Goss, the White House nominee for the CIA Director of Intelligence was being "briefed on the growing threat of al Qaeda" (WP, 5/04/03) by a Pakistani General who "ran a spy agency notoriously close to Osama bin Laden and the Taliban." (WP, 5/18/02)

Following George Tenet's resignation as Director of Central Intelligence at the CIA, the Bush administration immediately pointed to Rep. Porter Goss, as its handpicked nominee.

Porter Goss, a Florida Republican and former CIA operative, is chairman of the House Intelligence Committee. He also chaired, together with Senator Bob Graham, the Joint Senate House Committee, on the September 11 attacks.

According to the White House, "the rush to name a replacement" was driven by "worries" of a possible terrorist attack on America in the wake of Tenet's untimely departure.

Yet if the real objective is to to make "America safer", why then did President Bush nominate an individual who is known and acknowledged to have dubious links to the Islamic terror network?

globalresearch.ca...

[edit on 19-09-2003 by EastCoastKid]

posted on Aug, 13 2004 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Finally, someone in the mainstream has spoken up about this!

Food for Thought
In the search for intelligence life, Porter Goss is strictly from hunger

Here's the news that made many people in the Eastern Time Zone heave up their breakfasts at 8:31 this morning: President Bush introduced Porter Goss as the new CIA director.

Bush called Goss a "reformer." The two of them ought to be toast.

How fitting that this is the same House Intelligence chairman Porter Goss who was having breakfast in D.C. on 9-11 with Pakistan's security chief, Lieutenant General Mahmoud Ahmad�who was later revealed to be hijacker Mohammed Atta's bagman.
www.villagevoice.com...

It's about time.

[edit on 19-09-2003 by EastCoastKid]

posted on Aug, 13 2004 @ 02:24 PM
link   
It is some speculations that his appointment is the doings of Cheney and that he is so in touch with him that he probably be checking with Cheney rather than to Condi that is the security advisor. I guess Cheney got his personal snitch.

Newt Gingrich like Cheney, a frequent visitor to CIA headquarters were all ready working after Tenet resignation on Goss appointment, in my personal view is that the reason the government waited so long for the CIA appointment was to let thing cool for a littler bit before bringing their favorite choice.

I guess with Goss been friends with Cheney now more intelligent reports can be overseen and information from records will be magically disappear.

And for the 9/11 not only we should bring Goss accounts but Cheney and Gingrich they were all in the same boat.

This is my opinion.

www.counterpunch.org...

posted on Aug, 13 2004 @ 03:06 PM
link   
How did bush get into office? Porter Goss hmmm. It is very refreshing to have found this sight. Your posts are exellent. I am glad to see a few people who know what is going on. You people are the hope of the United States. I worked for ABC News in D.C. at the National Desk durring the election and 911. I hasteled them the whole time. I told them those towers were going down and made fun of them about voting. I even spoke of voting fraud and asked what they thought would happen if Bush won the Electoral and not the popular vote. No one working there can do any real reporting. I watched script approval take place and the milky dumb down. Koppel is a stooge. Whem Moore is the only investigating reporting being done in the form of a movie (highly lacking) you know your introuble. The AMDOCS, SECURITY INFOSYS story on fox, was the only other story that was worth a sht. ABC did the ''White Van Mystery'' but killed the story as did Fox with theirs. I spoke with the camera guys who worked on the White Van Mystery. They said the Israeli's knew the 911 guys knew. Porter Goss is a Domestic Enemy as is the entire current team. Can we vote them out? No. Is there any thing we can do? No. We can just watch and know they are fools. Keep challenging people who think they know what is going on. That may help a little.

posted on Aug, 13 2004 @ 03:25 PM
link   
For contributing to this post. At least somebody out there's paying attention.

To add to your thoughts, Deadallready, you're dead on right about the mainstream press, unfortunately. I was watching "Nightline" last night and just shook my head as Koppel's Lezbo guest was asked a question about New Jersey's governor (who was outted as being gay) and what the national security implications were, in her view. All she wanted to talk about was how great this is for the gay/lesbian community. National security breach be damned. Even Koppel was visibly disgusted by her lack of any trace of intelligent discussion. At least he tries (most the time).

In the above I'm talking about the fact that NJ's fallen governor had an affair with an agent of Israel. The guy got in the gov.'s pants and got the top Homeland Security post in the state for his troubles. Forget the fact that he was lacking in the needed experience/creds - other than the fact that he had served in the Israeli military. Maybe he gave good head, too? The point is, the governor has created a security nightmare in the process. Who knows what secrets he knowingly or unknowingly loosed.

An aside: The reason the military & government have been so strict in their policies against homosexuals is because of the propensity for those to get caught with their pants down (literally) and to be blackmailed. Adulterers are nearly as bad. Transparency is security.

posted on Aug, 13 2004 @ 09:09 PM
link   
I'm sure most of you have seen this article but I didn't see it posted anywhere...Porter Goss on his qualifications for the job:

"I couldn't get a job with CIA today. I am not qualified," the Florida Republican told documentary-maker Michael Moore's production company during the filming of the anti-Bush movie "Fahrenheit 9/11."

A day after Bush picked Goss for the top U.S. spy job, Moore Wednesday released an excerpt from a March 3 interview in which the 65-year-old former House of Representatives intelligence chief recounts his lack of qualifications for employment as a modern CIA staffer.

"I don't have the language skills. I, you know, my language skills were romance languages and stuff. We're looking for Arabists today. I don't have the cultural background probably," Goss is quoted in an interview transcript.

"And I certainly don't have the technical skills, uh, as my children remind me every day: 'Dad you got to get better on your computer.' Uh, so, the things that you need to have, I don't have."

Goss, who served with the CIA clandestine services in Latin America and Europe in the 1960s, was not immediately available for comment.

The White House dismissed the Moore interview transcript as "ridiculous hearsay" and emphasized the depth of bipartisan respect for Goss on Capitol Hill.

"Porter Goss has very strong support from Republicans, and Democrats including Sen. Bob Graham of Florida," said White House spokesman Trent Duffy. Graham is the former head of Senate intelligence.

Ridiculous hearsay? What do they need to know it was said by him? I really don't care about Goss' appointment either way, but he sure shot himself in the foot with those comments. Not that it will keep him from getting the job though, Bush wasn't qualified for his job so what else is new.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join