It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FBI Releases Documents Describing UFO Investigations

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   

FBI Releases Documents Describing UFO Investigations

ibtimes.com

Documents recently added to the FBI's online reading room, the Vault, detail the period between 1947 and 1954 when "a rash of sightings of unexplained flying objects (UFOs) swept America," according to the website. Visitors can peruse a virtual library of photocopied letters describing government investigations into reports of extraterrestrial encounters.

(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.sacbee.com

www.prnewswire.com

The Vault

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Huge UFO Sighted Near Nuclear Missiles During October 2010 Launch System Disruption
edit on 2-7-2011 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   
From time to time, mainstream news sources offer up a "legitimate"
glimpse into the world of UFO activity.

I would like to take this opportunity then, to once again grace the pages of ATS with this "legitmate reliable" news story citing its source as The Vault which
is the FBI's electronic reading room.

Also, it seems there has been a very legitimate news story in the last few days that has
gone nearly unnoticed here on ATS, which amazes me.
I have linked the thread to that
story in the OP, and here: Huge UFO Sighted Near Nuclear Missiles During October 2010 Launch System Disruption

The articles are a few days too old to post in breaking news, So, I am adding it to my comments, and hope that you will take the time to check all of these articles out, which I additionally added to the thread in
Aliens and UFO's by ATS member Frank Warren.

Huge UFO Near Nuclear Missiles Acknowledged By Technicians
www.sacbee.com...

Robert Hastings: Unidentified Aerial Object Sighted During October 2010 Nuclear Missile Incident
www.prnewswire.com...

Also, a little snippet from the I B Times article, about the FBI investigating UFO activity.

There are also news reports capturing the public fascination and widespread belief in otherworldly visitors; a headline on a lead newspaper story reads, 'Flying Saucers' Reported From 39 States, But Seem To Be Concentrated Here.'

The memos also track a sense of incredulity and frustration by the part of FBI agents assigned to the task.vault.fbi.gov...

ibtimes.com

(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 2-7-2011 by burntheships because: format, add content

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   
I think you're waaay too late on posting this thread. We've known about this already for months...

Sorry

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by iSwag
I think you're waaay too late on posting this thread. We've known about this already for months...

Sorry

You dont need to apologize, as I said, I am sure The Vault has been posted here, but
not in breaking news. There are a lot of users on ATS that never dare to peek into the
Aliens and UFO forums, and this is a great opportunity for them to find out that
there are indeed legitimate stories, and investigations, and its not all fake video.

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Sorry

On yeah, the Vault should be well known to most of us who follow alien/UFO latest & greatest, but the article he posted is very recent, June 30, 2011 3:08 PM EDT

Is there a chance people still don't know about this? Oh yeah, & if they're interested they can also go to the NSA website & do a search for UFOs, & see what pops up

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

first, let me say I know nothing - and what I do know I forget often
, so please don't take this as an attack or negative in any way - its a real question.

I've seen video of that "missile" that came out of the water near california (was it october? I thought it was in november... or did I see the one from november and miss the one from october?) - now I didnt watch the whole hour and a half video you posted, so I don't know if its in there (point me to a time if it is) - but how can they have video of the missile but there seems to be no pictures or video of the supposed UFO that was flying nearby....

I'm being sincere, if I missed something I apologize, thats why I'm asking for clarity. ♥

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Swills

Sorry

On yeah, the Vault should be well known to most of us who follow alien/UFO latest & greatest, but the article he posted is very recent, June 30, 2011 3:08 PM EDT

Is there a chance people still don't know about this? Oh yeah, & if they're interested they can also go to the NSA website & do a search for UFOs, & see what pops up

There's an excellent chance people don't know about this.
I can't even begin tell you what I've learned in the last month
illuminatiwhat?

ETA: it was the missile in oct/nov that inevitably lead me to here, ATS - but I didn't hear about that incident until like February
edit on 2-7-2011 by Forevever because: see eta

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Forevever

I've seen video of that "missile" that came out of the water near california (was it october? I thought it was in november... or did I see the one from november and miss the one from october?) - now I didnt watch the whole hour and a half video you posted, so I don't know if its in there (point me to a time if it is) - but how can they have video of the missile but there seems to be no pictures or video of the supposed UFO that was flying nearby....

Sure, well first, ATS member spoonbender posted the long video in the thread I mentioned here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Now about the video of the "missile" that was declared to be a plane...there are a few different videos -
taken by a few different people - and rest assured, just because there is not video forth coming out
of Cheyenne Mountain does not equal that it does not exist.

The incident at Cheyenne Mountain is being highly suppressed. From the news article,

according to two missile technicians stationed at F.E. Warren, who say that the communications issue, while intermittent, actually persisted over several hours.

Significantly, these same individuals report sightings by "numerous teams" of an enormous, cigar-shaped craft that maneuvered high above the missile field on the day of the disruption. The huge UFO appeared similar to a World War I German Zeppelin but had no passenger gondola or advertising on its hull, as would a commercial blimp.

The confidential Air Force sources also report that their squadron commander has warned witnesses not to talk to journalists or researchers about "the things they may or may not have seen" in the sky and has threatened severe penalties for anyone violating security. Consequently, these persons must remain anonymous at this time. www.prnewswire.com...

The witness have been warned not to talk by their superiors.

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   

its just curious that I havent seen any video of the UFO that was allegedly nearby

in this day and age, and as quickly as people yell 'ITS CGI!!!!' - why would the "superiors" go through the trouble to suppress it?

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   

- why would the "superiors" go through the trouble to suppress it?

One reason being simply because its a matter of National Security, and secondly
who knows who is really responsible for the crafts that were sighted. It very well could
have been that The Air Force is testing secret craft to determine the affect they have
on missile technolgy, or to gauge the intended ability that the craft have to disable
missiles.

I hope that helps.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 03:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by burntheships

- why would the "superiors" go through the trouble to suppress it?

One reason being simply because its a matter of National Security, and secondly
who knows who is really responsible for the crafts that were sighted. It very well could
have been that The Air Force is testing secret craft to determine the affect they have
on missile technolgy, or to gauge the intended ability that the craft have to disable
missiles.

I hope that helps.

Makes sense.

I know for a fact that the USAF is (or at least, was) very interested in the development of Lighter than Air Vehicles (LAV's) for long duration reconn and other uses; having been involved directly with the development one of their prototypes.

The LAV we developed for the UASF BattleLab was designed to be an autonomous, or semi-autonomus, long-duration, high-altitude, multi-function platform.

It is not inconceivible that such a platform could be employed to jam or even disable a missle battery's launch control/communications system. And although such technology would likely require rather large power supplies, it should be noted that LAV's are capable of lofting many tons of equipment; consider the recent military interest in Boeing's Walrus airship for example.

Now using a high-tech airship to disable the nuclear ICBM capability of a country like the US, Russia, or even China, might not be terribly effective. These countries posses air defense systems generally too sophisticated to be defeated by even a Stealthy airship.

But against an Iranian, or maybe a North Korean ICBM installation...

The result might be quite different.

So maybe the imposed gag order wasn't just to quell talk of a failure of the missle systems, but also, perhaps, moreso, to prevent too much talk and speculation about a new counter-weapons system being prepared for imminent deployment?

Neatly explains the so-called "leak" as well: Better to have the world (and the potential opposition!) think your soldiers are seeing UFO's, than what they truly witnessed...just in case somebody gets a case of "loose lips".

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Not that this is bad and all, firm believer in ET's, UFO's and all that. But I mean, is there anything in there that is actual evidence?
I mean, i've read alot of the vault, and it did nothing to further my beliefs in ET's ( well, I dont think anything can anymore its already set in stone LOL ), and if I was a skeptic, it would do nothing to further my belief, infact it would make me ever --->MORE

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Thanks for this gem of a thread BTS

I think most UFOs are BS.

Of the other UFOs I think most are military vehicles.

But there is that small percentage left over that are truly tantalizing and I love to read and watch good info on them.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by thedeadwalkk
Not that this is bad and all, firm believer in ET's, UFO's and all that. But I mean, is there anything in there that is actual evidence?

Ummm, you must mean pictures? Or video? Or...dead alien bodies?

Collaberated eyewitness accounts most likely, along with perhpas radar.
Check it out.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bhadhidar

So maybe the imposed gag order wasn't just to quell talk of a failure of the missle systems, but also, perhaps, moreso, to prevent too much talk and speculation about a new counter-weapons system being prepared for imminent deployment?

Neatly explains the so-called "leak" as well: Better to have the world (and the potential opposition!) think your soldiers are seeing UFO's, than what they truly witnessed...just in case somebody gets a case of "loose lips".

Yes. And for certain, if it was not us, they dont want anyone talking about that either,
as that would broadcast the fact that someone else might have the technology.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by pianopraze
Thanks for this gem of a thread BTS

I think most UFOs are BS.

Of the other UFOs I think most are military vehicles.

But there is that small percentage left over that are truly tantalizing and I love to read and watch good info on them.

Me too, and thanks! I have found some interesting stuff on DULCE, but want more proof before
I post it. Now, theres a rabbit hole if I have ever found one.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Hmmm Rather Interesting, Maybe this is indeed the beginning of global disclosure.

new topics

top topics

join