It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anonymous attacks Monsanto

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 09:12 AM
link   
I just checked the Monsanto website. It is up and running. Did anyone check the site yesterday to confirm that Anonymous actually operates on actions rather than words?
edit on 3/7/11 by wolfwood290 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by kid_of_3NKi

Originally posted by mb2591

Originally posted by Grey Magic
pfff just taking down websites with ddos is useless, even helps to improve their security on their website.

what have they really achieved so far?

More than you :]

Yeah, more than him in a negative way.
They have achieved that one more big company joins the lobby against internet freedom and anonymity. Congratz Anonymous!

Ko3

yea ... ' internet freedom and anonymity' is more important to you than your health and everything monsanto is doing that is bad for people. Monsanto is basically pure evil.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by wolfwood290
I just checked the Monsanto website. It is up and running. Did anyone check the site yesterday to confirm that Anonymous actually operates on actions rather than words?
edit on 3/7/11 by wolfwood290 because: (no reason given)

Well ddos is only temporary so that would make sense.. and ddos is basically to just bug the # out of them.
ddos= is denial of service to their website.. perhaps you could read the whole thread..? :]

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 09:57 AM
link   
If you want your voice to be heard by some people who have the same ideals as you.. here is the link Anonymous IRC Please don't spam what you want. Be mature and expect to be trolled.. However here you can find the right people to make what you want happen.. so long as it falls under the ideals of anonymous.
edit on 3-7-2011 by mb2591 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Anonymous Warns GMO Manufacturer Monsanto To Expect Something “More Serious Than A DDOS”

Monsanto should expect something damning to be linked to them soon. There's chatter on the web that Anonymous are preparing something far worse than a DDOS.

Also the anti-sec movement is growing faster and bigger - more and more anonymous people are rallying against the dicators and corporate movements.

The disbanding of lulzsec has done nothing but recruit more people for the good cause, I may have not liked lulzsecs way of approaching things, but they've defo helped anonymous to gain a bigger following. More and more good people are joining this cause. For every hacker arrested, dozens, if not hundreds more join the fight.

LulzSec Says Goodbye, Urging AntiSec To Continue Without Them, While Issuing Final Leak – “50 Days of Lulz”

Monsanto should be worried.

edit on 3/7/11 by JAK because: Link format

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Not sure why my above links aren't working, but just check out the

Opmonsanto twitter link

Opmonsanto twitter link
edit on 3/7/11 by JAK because: Link format

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by wolfwood290

They probably just came across a teenager's Facebook memorial page to raid instead. My favorite part of this thread is that people believe the DDoS is a distraction while they enter a backdoor or whatever they saw in some Sci-Fi flick. PROTIP; The anonymous that's only success is the social hacking of a famous person's e-mail account and resorts to DDoS pizza delivery attacks is not the anonymous that does real hacking. If the mantra is LOIC and the war cry is "Firin mah lazors" and/or "over 9000" those are usually just the anons unknowingly signing up to be part of a botnet created by the people they so desperately want to be affiliated with.

The real anon doesn't make vids and have Twitter accounts...you silly rabbits.
edit on 3-7-2011 by AlexKintner because: added line

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 10:18 AM
link   
This is one company I would like to see sent into oblivion forever. GO anonymous!
edit on 3-7-2011 by wcitizen because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 10:34 AM
link   
It's great that people are out there fighting for freedom, but the problem lies in THEIR defense against us. If we speak...they destroy our constitution and erode our rights for free speech. If they think we will oppose them with guns...they go crazy trying to pass laws on gun control. We (not me personally) attack them with the Internet....what do you suppose they will create laws for now to remove from us? Yet, when they do, the people always have an answer. We are a resilient bunch aren't we?

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Anonymous?

Ask Monsanto how they disposed of all the fricking Agent Orange leftover from the Vietnam War?

www.monsanto.com...

Ratbastids.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 10:50 AM
link   
I've been a bit dubious about Anonymous up until this point.

I hope something more comes out of this than just a DDoS. If not, it may atleast make some people more aware of Monsanto.

Everyone should know what this evil company stands for!
edit on 3-7-2011 by skitzspiricy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by AlexKintner
reply to post by wolfwood290

They probably just came across a teenager's Facebook memorial page to raid instead. My favorite part of this thread is that people believe the DDoS is a distraction while they enter a backdoor or whatever they saw in some Sci-Fi flick. PROTIP; The anonymous that's only success is the social hacking of a famous person's e-mail account and resorts to DDoS pizza delivery attacks is not the anonymous that does real hacking. If the mantra is LOIC and the war cry is "Firin mah lazors" and/or "over 9000" those are usually just the anons unknowingly signing up to be part of a botnet created by the people they so desperately want to be affiliated with.

The real anon doesn't make vids and have Twitter accounts...you silly rabbits.
edit on 3-7-2011 by AlexKintner because: added line

you can say what you "think" but their is no 'real' anonymous and fake anonymous everyone is anonymous.. yes the roots of anonymous are shady but everyone starts somewhere. So are you for or against anonymous?

Plus the fact is they have started a movement that is growing and getting better everyday.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   
anon are a cover for agents to do digital false flags to sanction/license internet usage

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by depth om
anon are a cover for agents to do digital false flags to sanction/license internet usage

Lol what is your basis for this claim.. or do you just have a feeling?

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by mb2591

Circumstance is my basis, just watch. I don't think anon was produced by agents but it will without a doubt be exploited by them.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   
A ddos attack is not a hack. This accomplished nothing but making their website unavailable for a period of time. Accomplishing this is not even a small battle. It's less than a skirmish in the overall war. I would not get too excited about this. Unless I am mistaken and they actually were hacked, all I saw in the op was a denial of service attack. They don't even have to do anything security-wise after this attack for the most part. Now they may upgrade their bandwidth, but what's the point? Who goes to their website anyway? This won't affect their operations in the least bit.

These initiatives should be halted, and the energy focused on more productive means of attack. And also, warning a potential target prior to an infiltration attempt will prompt the admins to make sure they are upgraded in all software, making it more difficult to find an exploit. So hopefully the attackers have found and written some of their own, or there aren't patches available for some of the versions used currently by Monsanto's system, because otherwise there is nothing that can be done by the attackers. It will be like having mosquitoes buzzing around close enough to be a perceived threat, but Monsanto is probably confident because they have administered some genetically engineered bug spray. Make sense?
edit on 7/3/11 by JiggyPotamus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Nice! But I think demanding a company to stop it's operations won't work. Instead, how about Non-Compliance?

That way their profits suffer and soon they go bankrupt.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by depth om

You must have missed the bit where they blatantly attacked anyone who suggested we censor the internet. You know... the whole point.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Hate to link to the Daily mail but...

www.dailymail.co.uk...

GM giant quits Britain amid backlash

The giant bio-tech firm Monsanto yesterday announced a major withdrawal from the UK amid intense opposition to genetically modified foods.
The company, the leading multinational behind the production of GM crops, is closing its wheat growing operation, based in Cambridge.

also an interesting snippet worth mentioning.

There has also been concern over the close relationship between the Labour Government and Monsanto.
David Hill, Tony Blair's new spin doctor, is a former adviser to Monsanto and Science Minister Lord Sainsbury holds a stake in a firm linked to Monsanto, which is handled by a blind trust.

Unrelated maybe to the anon angle, but defo something worth thinking about.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by mb2591

Yes there is and they existed long before imageboards and iirc channels. They just had a different label back then. I'm against the script kiddies and DDoS attackers. They try to play in a world they don't understand and sometimes get pent up doing so. That's a fact. It is too broad of a group. Which means since they are everything and nothing they can be influenced to do anything or nothing and it is playing right into TPTB hands. Somewhere around 18 months ago anons attacks got too political for me. It became about agendas and not just fighting for the people. They've given lawmakers the case for the net censorship they claim to fight against and that affects me. Which is B.S.. Citizens like myself shouldn't have to suffer because some have been duped into playing out a political agendas

Plus, the subculture is too infiltrated to side with because one in four is playing for the other team and the group is not technically proficient enough as a whole. In the past I would side based on the issue, but I've always just lurked because I don't do armchair activism.

edit on 3-7-2011 by AlexKintner because: changed word, added another

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join