It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Six Brainwashing Techniques They're Using On You Right Now

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 10:02 AM
link   
I think this article is okay. But there is no real in depth investigation. The author clearly has a childish modern mind with his titties this and that.

For real in depth investigation to this I go to Micheal Tsarion and Jordan Maxwell.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Taupin Desciple
Am I the only one who has noticed that the Cracked website is a humor website? It says so right on the top of the front page. Right alonside the claim that they have been this way since 1958

Humor is the Trojan horse for truth.
George Carlin, Bill HIcks, The Dead Kennedys - all said things that desperately needed saying, both about society and politics. They made us laugh at others and ourselves and in the process allowed some light to shine into some very dark corners.
Comedians can get away with saying things politicians, newscasters and pundits cannot. Take some of the things that Eddie Murphy said or sang early in his career like the poem "Kill my landlord" - who else could have said that and made people laugh? Certainly not Jimmy Carter who was President at the time.
Carlin was perhaps the greatest of all, he was the philosopher par excellence. He told us how the rich ran the world and how the American dream really worked (it only works when you're asleep!)
Cracked magazine came out not long after MAD Magazine and was always the awkward stepchild but since the internet has come into it's own.

The Jester was allowed to say anything to the King for the same reason - no matter how ugly the truth was, it was acceptable as long it elicited laughter.

S&F for the article, though couched in humor what he says is pretty much spot on.

edit on 3-7-2011 by Asktheanimals because: added comments

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   
I am glad they saved the last one for last, that of using humans instinctual inclination towards tribal societys, or "cliqueyness",
. One major abuser of this is ALL clothing stores, the obvious ones being hot topic, old navy, exc,... as clothing and how one looks is how we identify what tribe we belong too. This is the issue though and where this goes from natural behavior and turns into a real problem, is where this tribal instinct over powers thinking. Happens all the time and is obvious. Try to tell basically any random person on the street about anything on this forum anywhere and then see the instant alienation that comes afterwards, the weird looks, exc. I guess thats not really the best way to explain what I'm saying but if you know alot of people anywhere you know most people care more music and clothes and whats "cool", whats "cool" is what is being accepted and promoted by the alpha males (or female) or the "tribe", whether that tribe is a small group of friends or a worldwide group of individuals. Basically, what I'm, saying the problem is, is that they just want you to be an animal, controlled by the most basic instincts and stimuli. Whether that is just for people to buy clothes or not, it is a problem when you try to speak to someone and they consciously ignore facts because of cultural (or tribal) mentality overpowers rationality. I used to listen to alot of punk. One the most popular songs is "F@@@ world trade" by leftover crack. Everyone in the punk seen listened to it. But no one I knew even really knew what world trade was!!!! I'm talking about grown 25 year olds! Because, the alpha males in the scene didn't know or care. To do something like read a book or something was not cool, (translated, "to read a book was to go against the alpha males and the alpha females of the pack, thus you could get lowered on the tribal chain to do such a thing, exc exc..", Though, I do come from an ignorant little town, so this is only directed and speaking for myself and my own personal experiences... Ok, I'm done ranting, very nice thread OP!

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Chanting slogans - thought stopping techniques
Slipping bull# into your unconscious - source amnesia
Controlling What You Watch and Read -
Keeping You In Line With Shame
Black and White Choices
"Us vs. Them"

Aren't these all thought stopping techniques? They seem designed to stop you from thinking for yourself. Certainly we might debate about what thinking really is. If we consider thinking to be using reason and critical questioning, we might consider all these techniques thought stopping, in my opinion.

There are other tactics that fascinate me as well. Like how companies manipulate our desires for freedom for example. Or our desires for happiness, security, identity etc.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/2ef56c98afa7.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/5928f0fad1b4.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/91871a3a475a.jpg[/atsimg]

In this presentation Micheal Tsarion does an incredible job at unmasking hidden messages and occult meaning behind advertisements. A must watch in my opinion.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by dadgad

Yes I agree they are all "thought-terminating" in their own ways.

Pretty much anything the Media says is crafted to terminate our thoughts and implant their messages to replace them.

It is however very odd that their tactics are so easily countered by basic questioning or common sense, and yet at the same time 90% + of the population remains highly susceptible to them.

I suppose it really does boil down to our failed education system, because it fails to teach most important aspects of civilization, such as philosophy, critical thinking, or even how to change a diaper or use kitchen appliances properly. Hell, most kids receive no education in real life at all, and know literally nothing of banks, governments, corporations, the military, etc.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Taupin Desciple
Am I the only one who has noticed that the Cracked website is a humor website? It says so right on the top of the front page. Right alonside the claim that they have been this way since 1958

That being said, I find it kind of hard to believe that these techniques work en-masse they way people claim. I guess it's because I just don't want to believe that 300 million+ people can be that stupid. I can't tell you the last time I watched the MSM for longer than a half hour because they all look and act like mindless drones. I come here for my news. My wife hates the T.V. Literally. She HATES it.

I also dislike television.
Sorry for saying this, but so what if its a humor website.
The most serious things can and be transfered to others through humor.
We only have to be open minded to be able to catch the "vibes".
No harm intended my friend, just an observation...

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by caladonea
Crack.com is a humor website...so...is this a hoax....? Shouldn't you have posted this thread in the jokes section?
I'm just saying.

There's no reason why you can mix truth with humor
... makes the truth more entertaining with out all the stress of how serious the subject actually is. I think it's a great way to get others who would not necessarily read such an article to actually read it and learn.

Everything that I read in the article makes sense to me. Most definite plausible and I would say most definitely truth.

So no I don't think it belongs in the jokes/humor forum just because it's from this site.

Peace,

-AS-

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Humor has no effect on validity or veracity.

The facts are what affects it's destiny as being either true or false.

It does not matter who the source is, it could be a bum on the street, a wall street banker, or a comedian. But when they speak truth - it is always truth. The facts are independent of the one reporting them.

Trying to "debunk" the article by simply saying "oh it's a joke website", is illegitimate and ineffectual. In order to properly debunk a claim you must supply reasoning and elaboration upon it, and possibly relevant facts or figures, in order to explain exactly why something is false or misunderstood.

Merely saying "oh its a joke", isn't good enough for a critical analysis and debunking attempt.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by chrissiel123

Thanks for all the food-for-thought Chrissiel123! By the way, waves do ride on waves. In most cases we call this noise and it's something electronic engineers have to deal with and keep to a minimum. But it can be something other then just white noise
A coherent signal can piggy back on another coherent signal!

Again thanks for the information. Very interesting!

-AS-

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by dadgad
I think this article is okay. But there is no real in depth investigation. The author clearly has a childish modern mind with his titties this and that.

For real in depth investigation to this I go to Micheal Tsarion and Jordan Maxwell.

Agreed, Tsarion and Maxwell can provide far more insight and detail into this topic.

I also highly suggest others interested to go to Youtube, and type in either of their names.

There is a lot of information available on a myriad of aspects relating to this, and those two sources are pretty robust and easily accessible.

I will second your post dadgad.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash
reply to post by dadgad

Yes I agree they are all "thought-terminating" in their own ways.

Pretty much anything the Media says is crafted to terminate our thoughts and implant their messages to replace them.

It is however very odd that their tactics are so easily countered by basic questioning or common sense, and yet at the same time 90% + of the population remains highly susceptible to them.

I suppose it really does boil down to our failed education system, because it fails to teach most important aspects of civilization, such as philosophy, critical thinking, or even how to change a diaper or use kitchen appliances properly. Hell, most kids receive no education in real life at all, and know literally nothing of banks, governments, corporations, the military, etc.

I think peer-pressure is one of the major reason. The fear of isolation and ridicule is enormous. Exclusion is very difficult to deal with. I am sure a majority of people here on ATS has had to go through such experiences. didn't you?
For the rest you know, constant repetition, repetition and repetition. Also our lives are designed in such a way that there is very little time and energy left for critical thinking. We work and come home, tired... Its hard to get yourself to study how you are getting conned each day of your live. That is why denial is so powerful.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Agreed, Tsarion and Maxwell can provide far more insight and detail into this topic.

I also highly suggest others interested to go to Youtube, and type in either of their names.

There is a lot of information available on a myriad of aspects relating to this, and those two sources are pretty robust and easily accessible.

I will second your post dadgad.

What does it mean, to second a post?

Tsarion is incredible. This man is so well read, a monster brain. His idea's about civilization beginning in the west, in Ireland with the druids being the remnants of Atlantis is very interesting indeed.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Adonsa
Greetings, AeonStorm,

This seems to reinforce the 2nd, subconcious, brainwashing technique.

Obama's use of Hidden Hypnosis Techniques

[quote="Anchors Aweigh"]
Link

Obama uses his thumb and forefinger pressed together as a hidden (deep structure) hypnotic anchor. He also uses it to deliver hypnotic commands. The evidence it is not an innocent hand gesture e.g. for emphasis, but rather as a hypnotic anchor is that Obama is repeatedly caught using it extraordinarily often and specifically for very specific words and concepts like "believe", and "chose." In fact, often he is caught using certain it for such hypnotic programming words more so than at the point of his sentence that he would be emphasizing.

Hack Hypnosis, against unaware Americans, will likely be his primary tool in the upcoming election.

edit on 3/7/11 by Adonsa because: Added link to the godlikeproductions website

I've learned a bit about NLP over the years and that definitely sounds like neural-linguistic programming to me.

Thanks for the post

-AS-

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   

By seconding your post I only meant that I want to repeat your sentiments.
It is just a phrase meaning I am repeating you.

edit on 3-7-2011 by muzzleflash because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by AeonStorm

Originally posted by Adonsa
Greetings, AeonStorm,

This seems to reinforce the 2nd, subconcious, brainwashing technique.

Obama's use of Hidden Hypnosis Techniques

[quote="Anchors Aweigh"]
Link

Obama uses his thumb and forefinger pressed together as a hidden (deep structure) hypnotic anchor. He also uses it to deliver hypnotic commands. The evidence it is not an innocent hand gesture e.g. for emphasis, but rather as a hypnotic anchor is that Obama is repeatedly caught using it extraordinarily often and specifically for very specific words and concepts like "believe", and "chose." In fact, often he is caught using certain it for such hypnotic programming words more so than at the point of his sentence that he would be emphasizing.

Hack Hypnosis, against unaware Americans, will likely be his primary tool in the upcoming election.

edit on 3/7/11 by Adonsa because: Added link to the godlikeproductions website

I've learned a bit about NLP over the years and that definitely sounds like neural-linguistic programming to me.

Thanks for the post

-AS-

Yes I agree it is clearly an example of neuro-linguistic programming.

For anyone interested here is a Wiki Link about the topic.

Good call.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   

By seconding your post I only meant that I want to repeat your sentiments.
It is just a phrase meaning I am repeating you.

edit on 3-7-2011 by muzzleflash because: (no reason given)

ah.Understood. Thanks

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by dadgad

Great points, peer-pressure and repetition are definitely large components of the equation.

And yes I did personally deal with peer-pressure as a child, and still do occasionally as an adult. It is an inescapable part of life it seems.

These two facets of control are not necessarily bad depending on the circumstances.

Considering the fact that most of the population is hopelessly under educated and hypnotized, perhaps it may be a prudent strategy to employ such methods against the mainstream.

For example with peer pressure, we can pressure people into making better decisions. We can make them feel like in order to 'fit in' they will have to wise up and do the right thing. (As opposed to the current mentality which seeks to pressure people into doing the wrong things).

And in the realm of repetition, we could try to get people to repeat the truth instead of media pushed lies and half truths.

Just an idea, I know it's difficult and not fully refined to any measure but I believe it shows promise.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 06:11 PM
link   
One of the most awesome and thought provoking threads I have read in a long time!

Lots of replies mentioning being aware of these techniques already but I had certainly never put much thought into this!
Many thanks to the OP for bringing this information to our attention

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 07:22 PM
link   
In a spiritually bankrupt world what we have is what we receive and not what we would choose if indeed choice was available to us which it isn't because we have surrendered our independence to those who have designs on us. Now, when we are beginning to see what those designs actually are, we want our souls back but all we see are the secured fences that contain us. Most sensible thing to do is relax, sit back, and allow yourself to be entertained. That is what all the propaganda and the 'brainwashing' presses upon you to do. Accept, surrender, submit and all will be well with you because you really have no choice in the matter anyhow. Those who refuse to will be targeted and eventually be gotten rid of. This is the world you are living in.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 07:57 PM
link   
>Chanting Slogans

The Leader is good, the Leader is great, we surrender our will as of this date!

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join