It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is your defense for a SHTF scenario? hooray weapons!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   
I figured there is plenty of threads about specific guns or knives, but how about a more broad picture to help out those members who are currently looking without a heavy background in weaponry? What is your weaponry of choice, blades? bats? firearms?

my personal set up consists of:

-AR-15 - (easy to dis assemble and clean, accurate, can handle abuse)
- 5.56 round. (high velocity, great penetration power. lighter to carry then 7.62)
- a light w/strobe
- Lazer
- Zoomable scope with yard drop compensation
- Sling for ease of carry

-Sig P226 -(navy SEALS use it... it will fire no matter what)
-.40 Calaber, (will kill you just as dead as a .45, but ammo weighs less)
- drop leg holster so my bugout bag will not obstruct access.

Ka-Bar knife,
- Heavy guage high grade steel (reliable)
- molded grip around steel, handle will not fall off

Two light swords of high grade steel
- weigh nearly nothing, easily carry on back .. when ammo is gone, still have defense

I also have a ruger 10/22, mini 14, .357 magnum, and a remington 870 to give a friend to tag along with

Curious to see what others on here have, and why they choose what they have.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 08:23 PM
link   
hardware store maybe home depot

or wall mart

getting there securing the doors windows etc eliminating or allying withi whoever else makes it there first cap the rest .

i'll make my own weapons with whatever i got there also the bonus ones i bring along... will armor plate it the car best w ay i can make a super suit and barter the goods in there

snipers on roof to be on watch and pick off any one who wants to be cute

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by ConspiraCity
Two light swords

It's light sabre

I recently sold my only gun, a Smith & Wesson Sigma .40 for a couple reasons. I plan on buying a M14, AR15, or an AK47 soon. Can't decide which one yet, research is in my immediate future.

If I ever had to bug out, I would probably try to stay on the move as much as possible. Barricading yourself inside a store with high-demand goods is just begging for trouble.

I'm one of those guys that are terrified of becoming a victim of a Mad Max / Book of Eli / The Postman type robbery, rape, murder scenario.
edit on 7/1/2011 by Adyta because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Adyta

Two light swords

It's light sabre

I recently sold my only gun, a Smith & Wesson Sigma .40 for a couple reasons. I plan on buying a M14, AR15, or an AK47 soon. Can't decide which one yet, research is in my immediate future.

LOL at the light sabre =)

and that's why I made this forum, to help those who need research.

M14 is a very well made rifle, I cant think of any real issues with it. low maintenance, reliable!
large rounds are heavy to carry. only downfall

AR15 I own one and love it to death, I'm yet to have a single jam and its built for battle (jam clear bump, safety accesable with finger on trigger), everything comes apart with the push of two pins and can easily be cleaned.
light ammo with a very high velocity, (I have shot through 20" thick trees from 200 yards without even using very high grain ammo) however the round does not travel as far as some.

AK47.. well it will shoot... no matter WHAT! mud, water, sand, does not matter. only downfall is they are not very accurate, have larger rounds, and no safety.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by ConspiraCity

I'm going to be relying on the intricate knowledge I have on my land and its landmarks/hiding places.

For really long range threats I have a Ruger M77 Mk II .300 Winchester Magnum - I'm accurate with it (3 inch groupings) within 750 meters.

For close range personal threats I would like to get a Glock 17C or the Sig you mentioned. I have a Katana that I would sharpen right up for use if needed.

Non firearms related protection include the usual, bats (metal and wood), large hunting and cooking knifes, traps...

Really my plan involves not revealing too much about my plan to begin with.

-Lightrule

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 08:56 PM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/36faf1d614bf.jpg[/atsimg]

pistols not in pic

yup! I'm set!
edit on 1-7-2011 by ConspiraCity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 09:06 PM
link   

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/36faf1d614bf.jpg[/atsimg]

pistols not in pic

yup! I'm set!

just think, for all the money you wasted on all that junk you could have bought a real weapon

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by anumohi

eh, I do lots of shooting so ammo cost is a big factor. I'm not rich so i cant buy all the big ammo lol!
and last time I checked those are real. lol!

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 09:43 PM
link   

reply to post by anumohi

eh, I do lots of shooting so ammo cost is a big factor. I'm not rich so i cant buy all the big ammo lol!
and last time I checked those are real. lol!

buy yourself a 3006 in a bolt action 700 ADL or even Springfield, hell even a BAR browning. not one weapon you have there has any real range accuracy or shock and awe. precision is what you need, plus a select fire mp5 for backup

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by anumohi

my buddy that will be with me when things go down has the distance and accuracy part covered, I'd like to see you use a bolt action in a tactical scenario ... LOL!

tho a BAR would be decent

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 11:30 PM
link   

reply to post by anumohi

I'd like to see you use a bolt action in a tactical scenario ... LOL!

tho a BAR would be decent

I have no problem with that, I'm a left handed shooter with right handed bolts, i can shoot faster than most semi autos with the scope to me eye

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 11:37 PM
link   
reply to post by anumohi

If you shoot faster then my M4 with a bolt action...
I'm relatively sure your name is actually pronounced "god"

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 12:04 AM
link   

reply to post by anumohi

If you shoot faster then my M4 with a bolt action...
I'm relatively sure your name is actually pronounced "god"

yes my child, you are correct

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 12:15 AM
link   

AR 15...but I like everything else such as my .357 Magnum and Mini 14. Those are what I'm most comfortable shooting. Variety is key, though.

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 12:31 AM
link   
reply to post by queenofsheba

I have the AR, Mini, and the .357 =) between the mini and the .357.. your better off then the majority. the mini's are a very reliable gun, is yours the stainless mini by chance?

plus in the end, you can only really carry a rifle and a handgun. maybe a shot gun too if she is a short barrel w/ a top/side fold stock
edit on 2-7-2011 by ConspiraCity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 12:34 AM
link   
Concealment and speed. While you guys are fighting it out in epic gun battles I will quietly be slipping out to sea on my sailboat wondering if I have enough vodka stocked for my martini habit during my long voyage.

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 12:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by kro32
Concealment and speed. While you guys are fighting it out in epic gun battles I will quietly be slipping out to sea on my sailboat wondering if I have enough vodka stocked for my martini habit during my long voyage.

haha I like your thoughts! I'm landlocked so that's not much of an option for me.

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 12:40 AM
link   
I live in an apartment dont have a lot of money
So..I have to go with what I have.
Colt 1911 home built by me 10 years ago,,still works great
Cobray DD in .410 (car gun snake ect)
SKS with scope
Buck 110 folder
Machetti for brush defence camping (wish i could camp/fish more)
200 rnds .45
500 rns for SKS
4 box of ooo buck ans 5 box #6 shot for the DD
Poor mans arsenal
I own 2 acres in the country
The Cobray DD is a nasty little gun .but from 3 feet nothing walks away..Last ditch save your butt gun..Wicked recoil so I dont shoot It much
edit on 2-7-2011 by granpabobby because: add usefull information

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by granpabobby
I live in an apartment dont have a lot of money
So..I have to go with what I have.
Colt 1911 home built by me 10 years ago,,still works great
Cobray DD in .410 (car gun snake ect)
SKS with scope
Buck 110 folder
Machetti for brush defence camping (wish i could camp/fish more)
200 rnds .45
500 rns for SKS
4 box of ooo buck ans 5 box #6 shot for the DD
Poor mans arsenal
I own 2 acres in the country
The Cobray DD is a nasty little gun .but from 3 feet nothing walks away..Last ditch save your butt gun..Wicked recoil so I dont shoot It much
edit on 2-7-2011 by granpabobby because: add usefull information

Don't have to be rich to survive, just smart. Any of your guns will kill the enemy just as dead as another gun

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 01:22 AM
link   

Conspiracity Can you elaborate on what you consider "high grade steel" in regards to your two light swords?

I saw your photo and i saw what I think you are referring to, and to be honest they look like mail order crap. Don't take that as a personal attack, it is an attack on mail order crap not you. Please give me the number the metal. and where you bought them.

Thanks

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join