It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Shot Someone

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by budski

Friend, remember, it was either him or you.

One of the hardest part of being a service member is when you have to take a life but you have to remember your family doesn't want you to die and it would profoundly hurt them, and you were protecting your battle buddies as well.

You did as you were trained to do and I know it will be hard to forgive your self, I know that taking a human life is one of the hardest things you can do, but if he had half a brain he wouldn't have shot at a soldier to begin with.

You did a good job, you did EXACTLY what you had to do.

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by budski

Thank You for your service, I know you probably will never forget what happened but I hope that you will be able to come to terms with what happened and be able to live your life to it's fullest.

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by liejunkie01

yes - i have read the entire thread and IMHO most of the numpty posts were attacking budski

you claim he has a legion of sockpuppets - supply evidence or STFU

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   

The other guy is dead. This guy is the only one left to comfort. Are you suggesting that we not comfort the only living person here between the two, who is clearly in mourning? This guy didn't have to come on here and grace us with his excellent shooting abilities and share with us his talents. You are so unappreciative and a little bit insensitive, I must say. Good day to you sir.

Ohh give me a break,toughen up princess.
Im just expressing how i see this,if you want a proper discussion then you better be ready to handle both sides of perspective, not just expect everyone you agree with to be able to have their opinion openly, and people that dont agree not to say a word.Is this what you expect? well sorry to break it to ya, but it doesnt work that way,sorry about that.
If you cant handle the heat and be open to both sides of the discussion then you better get out of the kitchen because you obviously arent willing to accept another perspective regardless of whether its right or not.

If you dont agree, you dont agree, but dont expect me to suppress how i feel and think on this matter (that he came HERE to discuss) just because most of you feel sorry for him and obviously believe he deserves comfort and a pat on the back for his actions, well i dont see it this way!

Besides, the other guy wouldnt be dead if this guy which is the OP didnt come into his life, and there wouldnt be a thread about some guy who shot dead a child,and seems to expect something from it!
edit on 2-7-2011 by BillyBoBBizWorth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   
It's difficult to find the words. . .as I'm torn. You did defend yourself, but if you're grown up enough to pick up a weapon, better make da*n sure you can handle the consequences!

'nuff

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Is its people that think like this :

Friend, remember, it was either him or you. One of the hardest part of being a service member is when you have to take a life but you have to remember your family doesn't want you to die and it would profoundly hurt them, and you were protecting your battle buddies as well. You did as you were trained to do and I know it will be hard to forgive your self, I know that taking a human life is one of the hardest things you can do, but if he had half a brain he wouldn't have shot at a soldier to begin with. You did a good job, you did EXACTLY what you had to do.

and this :

Thank You for your service, I know you probably will never forget what happened but I hope that you will be able to come to terms with what happened and be able to live your life to it's fullest.

That make people that have killed under the military think that it is alright for what they have done,and makes others think it is alright as well.
It is NOT alright,no matter how many times you say "you just done your service,good work soldier", its still does not justify going to another country,creating war and killing people.All because your puppet government told you to,and i really dont see how people see murder a justifiable action in any form.

Would you jump of a cliff is the government told you to? all in the name of fighting "terrorism"
Would you? If you were American, you probably would by the looks of things.

edit on 2-7-2011 by BillyBoBBizWorth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   
It appears as though they didn't get you brainwashed enough. (ATS Accountable?)
Normally US soldiers froth out the mouth at the chance to kill a brown skinned person.

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by BillyBoBBizWorth

Wow! Keeping living in your own little world. I know very well what I am speaking of, as a matter of fact I expected your exact response, "I wouldn't put myself in that situation..." and removed it from my post to see what spin you would try and give it...

Fine that's you, some people actually have the drive to get out from behind their computer screen and make a difference in this world. All I have seen "you" do is make a bunch of ignorant, blanketed statements that have no place in a thread like this. Bite your tongue if you have a problem with it and move on!

What's your response to this post? Let me guess.... "Make a difference in this world!? What by killing people, and doing the dirty work of the global elite! Blah, blah, blah... Let me reiterate, you have created a very small world for yourself... There are plenty of great and honorable people in the US Military, as I am sure there are great members of your military (wherever the heck you come from). You can not berate an "individual" for the wrong doings or evil deeds of others. The OP did what he had to do to stay alive in this situation, a situation that you obviously would not have made it out of.

Keep living in lala land buddy, meanwhile the rest of the world will continue to turn.

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by skirts and daggers

I think he is trying to say he was in the Special air service S.A.S, they train in the brecon beacons in wales and jungle training in belize.

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   

If US Army I would suspect ODA 7th SFG training the Belize who are in the BSAG. Is this correct?

I believe you are mistaken. That responsibility falls on the British military, this guy gives enough clues. "Welsh Hills", his location, "OI", for a few.

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by The_Zomar

are you too stupid or too dishonest to realise that budski is not a " US soldier " ?????/

link   
reply to post by budski

geeza im gutted for you but you know what your letting yourself in for when you sighn on the dotted line.by the way what coluor is the door on the boathouse in heraford?

link   
ATTENTION!!

Anyone may challenge the OP and his story. You may debate others on what they say.

But you must do so within the Terms and Conditions of Use

Failure to do so will result in action be taken on your post. If you keep it up, you may be posted banned.

A reminder to ALL MEMBERS: We expect civility and decorum within all topics

Final warning for here on out.....
edit on July 2nd 2011 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by The_Zomar
It appears as though they didn't get you brainwashed enough. (ATS Accountable?)
Normally US soldiers froth out the mouth at the chance to kill a brown skinned person.

What happens when we are both brown skinned and a US soldier?

Incidentally, He's from the UK.

Hows that shoe leather tasting right about now?

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Swanseadog

FFS - wales is the entry point training venue for the british army , belize is the current jungle training venue

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   
One More Reminder:

All posts must be ON TOPIC. Do not discuss things that have nothing to do with the topic nor discuss staff actions. That is off topic and will be removed. This is not a new rule. Use the Complaint Form instead.

Post On Topic – Please Review This Link.

edit on July 2nd 2011 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14 >>

join