It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Q and A. Dispelling The Myths And Misnomers Of Christianity.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 06:18 AM
link   
Well.....That's all of the myths and misnomers dispelled.

Good job OP

I'll let the scriptual debate carry on.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

I don't know where your extreme Anti-Semitism comes from, but I'm certainly not in the "Kingdom Now" crowd.
or "You are (fill in the blank!!!) and I an not (fill in the blank!!!)."
That really helps . . not.
I am not a racial hater and I think you are behaving again in this pattern, where you have to be the good guy and everyone else is coming from some dark motivation. These people I pointed out earlier, are daily, incrementally stealing the country from its rightful inhabitants in Palestine. They are criminals and that's a fact. They have been able to get away with murder because of the U.S.' veto power in the U.N. Security Council. To point out the reality of it does not make me a bigot, just a realist. International Law has established that you can not have a war between two people and the winning side move its people into the occupied land of the losing side.
A situation like this does not happen by accident and these things were planned for, and steps taken, a long time ago, to set up a situation where it could get away with acting outside accepted standards of humanity, written and unwritten. The planners of these crimes created a support base among the would-be religious, who would justify their actions through arguments that the people they look to for spiritual leadership have ready since those established leaders were put into place by these very people.
One way of doing this is to establish the basic principle in people's minds that there is with certain people, an immunity from condemnation, starting with themselves and then extending the concept to a whole people, who they are taught to hold in a special regard, based on a special regard in which God supposedly holds these people.
There are various psychological tools employed in the process of subverting the minds of your desired ideological support base, including appeal to people's desire to feel that they are in an exclusive group where anyone outside of that group are the foolish, or ignorant, or just plain bad. They also feel they are somehow smarter than those others because they have the answer to every question and that has to be a sign that they are especially loved by God. What it is, in reality, is men and women as authority figures standing over the reader of the Bible and guiding them through every verse, to tell them what they are to believe the meaning is of that verse. They take the place of the Holy Spirit, to make sure everyone is in complete agreement, then they are convinced that is another sign that they have to be right because there is no one in the group who disagrees.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Anyone who comes to Jesus to be justified will never be turned away (John 6:37).
Here is another example of how you have no fear of committing every form of blasphemy.
There is a qualifier that you have no intention of addressing, which is the part that says, "of those my Father has given to me."

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by jmdewey60

Anyone who comes to Jesus to be justified will never be turned away (John 6:37).
Here is another example of how you have no fear of committing every form of blasphemy.
There is a qualifier that you have no intention of addressing, which is the part that says, "of those my Father has given to me."

Of course, I assumed that didn't need to be mentioned between us. No man comes to the Lord unless drawn by the Father anyways, why mention that? (John 6:44) Also no one says "Jesus is Lord" without the Holy Spirit, so why mention that? (1 Corinthians 12:3) These should go without mention to anyone who has studied the Bible. Perhaps I've assumed to much when addressing you?? Sorry, I'll be sure to address these with you from now on.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   

You probably realize you have no chance of ever pulling me into your cult so I have to assume you are posting for the benefit of those others on this forum who may possibly be swayed, so your deceit is exposed.

God desires everyone to be saved.
"God so loved the world. . ."
"Many are called. . ."
Every single person on Earth receives some sort of calling from God, sometime in their lives.
Saying that is what Jesus meant is really wrong to assume, but you do, solely to use it for your benefit to prop up your faulty theology.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60

Lol, I never said Jesus meant that. Try discussing with me without using straw men. Will you try addressing the scriptures? And funny you used the word "cult" now twice. The two biggest things actual cults have in common are the denial of the deity of Christ and rejection of the atonement wrought by His shed blood.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   

That is what your cult taught you so you would not realize you were in a cult, yourself. That is a ridiculous definition of a cult. You know, they are not watching you every second, and you can read things they do not approve of, and you can have thoughts that they did not plant in your mind.
Address the verse? I already did. One says "condemnation", which would be the result of a verdict of a judgement, not to be confused with the judgement process itself.
The other is that God knows those who will not eventually be saved. Those who will, God gives to Jesus to shepherd, and he will not loose those sheep, the owner of which has entrusted into his care.
Those who climb the fence to get into the fold, are thieves.

edit on 3-7-2011 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60

Of course it is a ridiculous definition of a cult, I didn't DEFINE the word "cult". I gave you the two biggest characteristics of the term "cult". Two of the best books on the subject of cults are "Another Gospel" and "So What's the Difference".

Re-read what I said, you need to stop burning straw men.

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by ExistentialNightmare
reply to post by Akragon

Men think logically, we try to solve problem. Women think differently then we do, they empathise with every situation they come across.

Have you met every man and every woman? Perhaps a generalisation.

I'm not accusing you of being a sexist but i'm sure many women would disagree with your opinions or analysis of the differences between male and female.
edit on 2-7-2011 by ExistentialNightmare because: (no reason given)

Alright so lets just say i understand women in general. I've studied lots of material on the psychology of how women think. Basically theres 8 different personality types which all women fall into... But just generalizing yes men think more logically, and women tend to empathize with their environment and situations they come across.

Its not about being sexist at all, its just understanding the female mind.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 07:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Can you give me a reference, an educational source; a quote from an academic; so i can learn what you've learnt?

Peace.

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join