It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Living Dead: Why Thousands of Russian Addicts Are Rotting to Death

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Could this be part of the `so called Zombie Apocalypse` we keep hearing about..
www.alternet.org...

There is a new drug in Russia, and addicts are using it until their skin falls off.
June 24, 2011 |

In the United States, OxyContin addiction is spreading across the country and causing a rash of problems. A powerful narcotic, Oxy’s grip on addicts is so tight it even drives people to murder, as was evidenced last week in Long Island, where an addict’s pharmacy burglary of 8,000 pills left four people dead.

Now the powerful pull of addiction is showing new strength in Russia, where it has reached an unprecedented level of self-destruction by rotting its victims to death in a short period of time.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by awareness10

by god...that's disturbing...(graphic)

very disturbing indeed

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 07:32 PM
link   
The addicting pull of this drug must be CRAZY. For the users to keep using even after evidence of this is mind boggling.

Just... wow.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by here4awhile

That is deeply disgusting.

I was about to eat dinner.

Now, I am going to projectile vomit...

link   

Wow. Thats intense. Especially the photos linked to.

Well for all the people who fear the government is trying to "depopulate," if they REALLY wanted to, they would just make drugs like this easy to get, everywhere. It wouldnt take long to lower the population if it were.

link   

Jaw dropping can litterally happen with this drug.

Addiction and fear of painful withdrawal are what keeps them using, and do not forget that this substance is also a pain-killer which must be quite strong.

edit on 30/6/11 by Vio1ion because: add thoughts

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 07:36 PM
link   
And this ISH is legal!

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by hhcore
The addicting pull of this drug must be CRAZY. For the users to keep using even after evidence of this is mind boggling.

Just... wow.

The addictive pull of heroine is CRAZY...this is just a cheap substitution...trust me when I say a lot of people will do ANYTHING for their fix on the stuff...whether it's a substitute or the real thing...they'll go as far as kill for it

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 07:43 PM
link   
"Crocodile"

To produce the potentially deadly drug, which has a comparable effect to heroin but is much cheaper to make, users mix codeine with gasoline, paint thinner, iodine, hydrochloric acid and red phosphorous. Codeine, a controlled substance in the United States used to treat mild to moderate pain, is widely available over the counter in Russia.

In 2010, up to a million people, according to various estimates, were injecting the resulting substance into their veins in Russia, thus far the only country worldwide to see it grow into an epidemic, Time reports.

The drug's sinister nickname -- also known as crocodile -- refers to the greenish and scaly appearance of a user's skin at the site of injection as blood vessels rupture and cause surrounding tissues to die. According to reports, the drug first appeared in Siberia and parts of Russia around 2002, but has spread throughout the country in recent years.

Oh my gosh. Gruesome, disfiguring, and deadly.

Read more: www.foxnews.com...
edit on 6/30/2011 by ladyinwaiting because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Is this the same thing as what they used to call "chorney" maybe 15 or 20 years ago?

I remember being in Moscow shortly after the fall of the USSR and this was a big problem; there were all these horrific looking people addicted to some gutter-hellbroth drug called "chorney" living in the park at the time. I haven't heard anything about it in years, but the description is similar.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Meth already does this, not as quickly, but it will happen if you are a regular user with substained usage or a heavy user over a short time.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 07:52 PM
link   
at first i thought this must be BS. But it doesn't seem to be. Its horrible i hope That russia are atleast ttrying to educate the youth and telling them consequences of this horrible drug! I know scaring kids don't normally work but in this case i think it would...

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illusionsaregrander

Wow. Thats intense. Especially the photos linked to.

Well for all the people who fear the government is trying to "depopulate," if they REALLY wanted to, they would just make drugs like this easy to get, everywhere. It wouldnt take long to lower the population if it were.

Weird you say that, just the other day me and my girlfriend were speaking about that. How easy would it be for any agency or evil boogymen to spike the marijuana, coke, heroin, etc- and have it become fatal?

So many people would be killed and what could they do? Sue a drug dealer?

As far as I am concerned, poisoning the recreational drug supply of the world is probably gunna happen if it hasn't already. Its a perfect weapon of choice. Unregulated, unchecked, unsupervised.

MM

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by yakuzakid

I dont know, Ive seen a lot of "drugs will do this to you" pictures in my day, but nothing like the arm bones exposed with flesh hanging off.

This stuff looks like it really takes the cake as far as addiction goes.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr Mask

how would an agency spike the marijuana...if it's grown locally...it's all up to the grower...as for the rest it could be possible i suppose...but why would they need to spike the drugs if they could just spike our food supply?? or our vaccines?? or our water?? or our air?? or our prescription drugs??

edit on 30-6-2011 by here4awhile because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr Mask

Its true. If they wanted to begin to depopulate, they could do it sooooo easily, and make it look like its all your fault, not theirs.

They dont want to depopulate. Yet. But there may come a day, and it would be a lot easier to get the masses hooked on some recreational drug that killed them off than to round them up and all that mess and have to deal with the resistance.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Good God!! Looks like Dr Frankenstein put those stitches in. This shows how far addicts will go to get the high they crave. I myself am physically hooked on prescription pain killers. No, not voluntarily, I am, and have been for years, being treated for intense chronic pain, but I would much rather go through detox than use this stuff.
edit on 30-6-2011 by DAVID64 because: spelling

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by here4awhile

ewwwwwww

thats one sick addiction so regret hitting those links

still SnF dont see how Oxycotin does that isnt it just a painkiller?

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Quite strange how this posts doesn't get deleted. Horrifying indeed.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by UcDat

They start off talking about Oxy Contin, but the drug doing this is some cooked up thing. Not Oxy Contin.

www.alternet.org...

Desmorphine, a synthetic with similar effects of heroin made from house-held chemicals like codeine (available over the counter in Russia), iodine, lighter fluid, gasoline, and industrial cleaning oil, is street-named Krokodil for the way it literally devours its users (like the mean crocodile).

edit on 30-6-2011 by Illusionsaregrander because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join