It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Worker burned at nuclear plant.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Worker burned at nuclear plant.

www.ketv.com

FORT CALHOUN, Neb. -- A worker at the Fort Calhoun Nuclear Station was burned while refilling a gas tank on a water pump Thursday.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Found this from an Omaha news source just now, and read that not only did a worker get burned as the article said, but more interestingly a water pump has failed. My thoughts on this are what consequences could this have, and how crucial is this water pump. The news source seems to downplay the seriousness, but I could see this being more than they are reporting.

www.ketv.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 06:03 PM
link   
I wouldn't say the pump "failed" more like just ran out of fuel.
Maybe he was smoking a cig while pumping gas
edit on 6/30/2011 by eXia7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Yep - that gas stuff is freakin' dangerous - it pollutes, and it burns and kills thousands of people - maybe millions - worldwide, every year!

it's carcinogenic too isn't it??

We should ban it immediately!!

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by eXia7

You really think they would allow someone to smoke while refueling a tank of gas inside a facility which I'm sure is high clearance?

I just think this may be a straw that could break this nuclear reactors back, especially considering how much water it is already taking on, and the procedures to obtain another water pump. The article fails to mention how high flow of a pump this is which could also be something considerably bad.

I just think this probably isnt something to overlook.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aloysius the Gaul
Yep - that gas stuff is freakin' dangerous - it pollutes, and it burns and kills thousands of people - maybe millions - worldwide, every year!

it's carcinogenic too isn't it??

We should ban it immediately!!

Say huh? The issue here isn't about the fuel used, it is about whether or not this failed pumped is vital to the plant. Sarcasm not needed.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by anon102

I wasn't being sarcastic - gas kills and injures millions worldwide every year, and pollution from it and other fossil fuels is also doing massive amounts of damage to the planet.

how many are killed and injured worldwide each year by nuclear power generation??
How much damage is being done by their emissions??
edit on 30-6-2011 by Aloysius the Gaul because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 07:51 PM
link   
I certainly hope the worker will be alright, its sounds
serious tho. I am now worried about the employees
there being over worked during a crisis and the
pump and other equipment being in good working
order.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by crazydaisy

Of course first concern goes out to those who are injured/at risk, but this whole Ft. Calhoun and entire Missouri River situation seems to have been extremely underplayed by the media.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by jssaylor2007
reply to post by crazydaisy

this whole Ft. Calhoun and entire Missouri River situation seems to have been extremely underplayed by the media.

In what way?

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 12:47 AM
link   
reply to post by anon102

In that thread earlier about the evacuation zone, they talked about the water pumps. Apparently there are many, many small pumps all around the plant pumping the water.

I don't think it had an exact number but from the sound of it, one pump shouldn't be a big deal.

Although, I could be wrong. I'll dig up the article for you.

Thread

I believe it says it in the video.
edit on 1-7-2011 by isthisreallife because: (no reason given)

top topics

join