It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS allowed in governmental buildings while other sites aren't

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by funbox

Like Facebook, ATS media has privacy settings.

Public which is default I believe, meaning everyone can see (including google), then you can select friends only or even private, which are self explanatory.

edit on 30/6/11 by Chadwickus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

How many people have parties with over 200,000 guests every day? The analogy isn't ideal, but appropriate.

Once again, the fact remains that you GET PAID to do so. This site does not exist out of the kindness of your heart, SO. If it wasn't profitable you wouldn't do it! You get 200,000 guests each day because we the members add content to the site and get nothing in return except some star and flags that are about as worthless as Farmville points, or whatever that facebook crap is.

I can't help but feel you skirted the issue. I point out that it's the users that make it profitable for you and you just point out how you are able to welcome 200,000 guests. Like I said before, who is insulting who here?

ETA: You cannot disprove a negative, so you cannot prove you are not CIA. So the theory will always be there no matter how many times you show up to tell people otherwise.

By the way, which ATS owners wife works for the CIA? I heard something about that a while back.
edit on 30-6-2011 by sheepslayer247 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

Yes i just noticed, i could search for some members and not access there profile , hmm, i would have thought it would be a better way to have access denied to all , until trustful bonds can be made between members , not how it is is set now. rather deceptory in the confusion of navigation, more so in mediaabovetopsecret, as there seems to be two profiles, one for above one for media

funbox

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord

Originally posted by Pervius
Why would a "private entity" do that? They'd never make any money.

Private Entity in this context is a single-purpose partnership of Angel investor Venture Capitalists.

How are you certain they'd not make any money?

Are we allowed to ask anything about the administrative or editorial involvement at your site by this Angel investor or investment group? I have taken my hits here but hope I don't get banned for simply asking.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by sheepslayer247
Once again, the fact remains that you GET PAID to do so.

So then... following the logical conclusion of your argument, it would be appropriate to:

-- Walk into a crowded bar that you frequent, stand on a table and pronounce with anger that you're absolutely certain the owner isn't really serving liquor, just flavored water, then expect to sit down and order a drink like nothing happened?

-- Walk into a crowded Starbucks where you often sit with your laptop without ever ordering coffee, run around yelling that their coffee is really cow dung and their pastries are day-old rejects from the bakery, and that you're sure it's true because you heard it at the other coffee shop down the street... then expect to sit back down and remain like nothing ever happened?

I can't help but feel you skirted the issue.

I can't help but feel you either don't understand it, or refuse to.

By the way, which ATS owners wife works for the CIA?

Seriously? None.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChrisCrikey
Are we allowed to ask anything about the administrative or editorial involvement at your site by this Angel investor or investment group?

Since they are a minority equity stakeholder, there is no involvement in determining corporate strategy and/or content on ATS.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus
reply to post by funbox

Like Facebook, ATS media has privacy settings.

Public which is default I believe, meaning everyone can see (including google), then you can select friends only or even private, which are self explanatory.

edit on 30/6/11 by Chadwickus because: (no reason given)

I think Chadwikus that (including google) was your acknowledgement to what is going on. the spider has a hard time with privileged files, precedence would not be achieved as much if the floodgates weren't open to begin with.

eg,# im a new member i join the site , totally overwhelmed with the forums , i probably wont see the settings in mediatopsecret if at all.

reminds me of all that trouble arthur dent had in finding the plans for the bypass at his local council.

in a locked lavatory, there will be a lepard

clockedBox

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   

I believe the ATS/User relationship is much more complicated then that. You are not "selling coffee". You are selling advertising space on the walls of the "bar" and profiting from that based on the people who come in and bring their own drinks.

I can't help but feel you either don't understand it, or refuse to.

Likewise

Seriously? None.

Had to ask, I always found that kinda funny!

Can I be honest with you SO? It seems that when these issues come up, even when they are valid questions, you tend to be a little condescending and arrogant towards us peons. And usually these threads end with a post by you stating "issue resolved, thread closed". Perhaps it is better described that it seems you are beyond reproach just because you are SkepticOverlord and own ATS.

In other words, just because you are who you are doesn't mean a bunch of conspiracy theorists are going to take your comments as gospel. Just because you find it insulting, does not prove the existance of the theory either way, but you expect it to?

Of course, this is with all due respect and for the sake of healthy debate.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by sheepslayer247
It seems that when these issues come up, even when they are valid questions, you tend to be a little condescending and arrogant towards us peons.

When is claiming that I am in collusion with the government a valid question? Over time, after addressing the issue countless of times, patience becomes scarce.

In other words, just because you are who you are doesn't mean a bunch of conspiracy theorists are going to take your comments as gospel.

Being a "conspiracy theorist" is not a license to be rude.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   

When is claiming that I am in collusion with the government a valid question? Over time, after addressing the issue countless of times, patience becomes scarce.
You know, my Aunt always told me that there is no dumb questions in life because life is full of possibilities. Are you in cahoots with a government agency? I don't think so. Is it possible? Yes, and within possibilities people find the conspiracy.

I don't think you will ever be able to shake this, no matter how you respond.

Being a "conspiracy theorist" is not a license to be rude

You are correct. I think we all need to take the time to approach each other in a much more respectful and civil manner. I would only add that being the owner of a conspiracy website does not give you that right either.

Once again, we have met in the arena of ideas to battle once more and it is always fun and informative. Thanks for engaging and good day to you sir.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   
ATS is allowed on my government computer. No warning page, no nothing. It is because it is classified as "news" and it has never been alerted to by any employee as being harmful. It will continue to be on our safe list, so long as it never contains any "adult" material, and so long as no one ever alerts it to the IT department as harmful to their workstation.

Nothing more, nothing less.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by webpirate

I can access it from NIPR with no problems.

Doesn't mean its in league with anyone though.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Sorry I really don't have anything intelligent to contribute to this thread. I just think it's hilarious that you can't access WOW. I can't explain, it just really cracks me up, thanks for the laugh.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Theres a lot of responsibility involved in running a conspiracy site like ATS.
Remember back in '96 when Art Bell was reporting that the Hale Bopp comet was being followed by a UFO?
Next thing you know they're serving apple sauce at Heaven's Gate.
That had to be payback for something..

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by webpirate

As a former Gov't employee, I was never allowed to access ATS. It was always blocked. I could go to Yahoo, MSN, etc. It depends upon that Dept. IT section.

Always keep the skeptisism, but don't let it turn into paranioa.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Just in case the TS is not yet aware, ATS is controlled by the CIA. Notice that doom and gloom predictions are very popular here and any other news that are of low vibration are the dominant theme. Fear is their main weapon of choice. It is easy to control you when you are covered with fear and that is what ATS is very good at. Scaring people.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by wavemaker
Just in case the TS is not yet aware, ATS is controlled by the CIA.

Seriously?

Your proof for such a damning and insulting statement is... what?

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 07:09 PM
link   

well seeing how my webmarketing assertion was completely ignored, and your site is so popular because this sites security is geared towards marketing to us visitors , instead of security to protect a community , i understand completely why your twitchy around this thread , and have been all day, oddly

funbox

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 07:46 PM
link   
In short,

After reading your post, you seem quite sane to me.

Their definition of needing help and what reality is, are two different things.

Look for the door...and walk.

IMO.

edit on 30-6-2011 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord

Originally posted by wavemaker
Just in case the TS is not yet aware, ATS is controlled by the CIA.

Seriously?

Your proof for such a damning and insulting statement is... what?

Agreed, but let him lay it out tho. We all deserve the chance to make a point, right?

When he does, I hope you'll stay in the thread and state your rebuttal.

Many would appreciate it.

jude11

edit on 30-6-2011 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join