It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Love, Life and Loss... In no particular order

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 06:35 AM
link   
I have created an animation which I hope shows love, life and loss three things which invoke emotion

please be aware this is for your enjoyment and for me to gain feedback on my work, the site has limitations on what you can create so just enjoy thank you

goanimate.com...

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 07:19 AM
link   
Well I enjoyed it - I liked how you kind of started with the ending, then told the story of how you got there.

I think whats most interesting though is how you have the characters lie about how they met..... curious as to what your motivation was behind that?
edit on 30-6-2011 by Forevever because: double worded

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 07:27 AM
link   
reply to post by TheNewKid

What an awesome lil video.

I think the reason he had them lie is because a lot of folks are embarrassed to say they met on the net.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 07:34 AM
link   
reply to post by gabby2011

I didn't want to say what I think about it, I wanted to know what he thought about it without implanting the idea

if he had made it 10 years ago that might've been just obvious - but hell i just saw an eharmony commercial....

I personally would never be embarrassed, and never was - my first internet relationship was in 1998, and I have no shame in it - best man I was ever with I met online, he moved 4 states to be with me

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 08:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Forevever

I got them to lie because I think it's what alot of people would do because at the same time it's that feeling in a relationship that the two of you have a little secret that nobody else knows and you can make the way you met as fancy as you want because it's a lie (not saying that meeting online isn't fancy), and if other people believe you then it's even funnier because your fooling people as a couple it's like an 'in' joke

I'm not saying meeting online is embarrassing, I was just trying to bring the characters together and at the time I made it, this was the quickest and best way to show they are on the same page
edit on 30-6-2011 by TheNewKid because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-6-2011 by TheNewKid because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 08:41 AM
link   
I agree, I think its a shame thats what people do though... why is it any better to meet someone in a bar than online? personally I think online far outweighs meeting in a bar - there's a level of connection here that you just can't get after 5 shots

I was just trying to bring the characters together and at the time I made it, this was the quickest and best way to show they are on the same page

Thats a great answer
and I think you conveyed it perfectly!

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Thank you and I couldn't agree more, online you may not see what they look like or what they are wearing but who cares about that, it's almost like your personalities are speaking and meeting.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheNewKid

Thank you and I couldn't agree more, online you may not see what they look like or what they are wearing but who cares about that, it's almost like your personalities are speaking and meeting.

I agree and disagree..it all depends on how honest one is.

I think the internet is also used for many who mislead people , and its a lot easier to lie to someone who isn't looking into your eyes.

They say over 90% of communication is non verbal...as in body posture, intonation of the voice, hand gestures..and of course eye contact. You may think you are having great communication, but it is missing some key elements.

That being said though...there is potential to find great love via the net, and there are many happy couples who can attest to this. There is also great potential to be seriously deceived and hurt...as many who have been ,can attest to this as well.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   
True one could always lie

I was talking in terms of the ideal :] but I know what you mean

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   
I think its a matter of how much you trust your own judgement. I have not once in 14 years met anyone online, then met them offline, and been wrong about them.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Oh i forgot to thank both of you for your feedback on the animation, Thanks

new topics

top topics

join