It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Schizophrenic Man Shot 3 Times & Killed By Cop

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 06:27 AM
link   
Schizophrenic Man Shot 3 Times & Killed By Cop
What the heck! Aren’t police trained to put down citizens without having to shoot them? I would expect that they had. This is just outrageous. What is our tax dollar spent on. Why did they pull the gun on him anyway, when he didn’t have a gun pointed at them? Their story could be concocted too to defend themselves of misbehavior. Isn’t there a policy when to shoot and when not to shoot? How shameful.
Autopsy shows man shot in back by cop

Two officers went to Torres's parents’ home because the schizophrenic was wanted for a road-rage incident. APD knew Torres had mental problems, but the officers said they didn't know about his history.The officers confronted Torres in the backyard, and they said he went for one of their guns. It only took a minute and a half from the moment they first made contact him till they killed him.APD said Torres and an officer were struggling on the ground for the officer's gun. The officer's partner then stuck his gun into Torres' back and shot him three times from behind.

But Kathy Love, attorney for the Torres family, said no way “We think the evidence will show that he was not struggling for a gun,” said Love. She said Torres was murdered. ”An execution-style shooting is never justified," she said. The Torres family is preparing a lawsuit against the city and APD.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 06:39 AM
link   
this is why im glad the uk cops aint got shooters cause if they did it would be stories like this everyday, the dumbs asses cant even look after dogs properly let alone guns

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 07:09 AM
link   
OK so let me get this straight. I violent man (road rage) goes for police officers gun, and gets shot.

...and you are complaining about the police.

If someone tried to take your gun with the obvious intent to shoot you, you would shoot them before they could do it.

Well done the police, one less violent crazy on the loose.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 07:59 AM
link   
Question:

If a mentally ill individual takes your gun and kills you with it, are you just as dead as you would be if a happy healthy person shot you?

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 08:23 AM
link   
We'll see what the evidence shows. I wouldn't be surprised if the dna ended up in the officers weapon after he was shot.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Proof that people are willing to jump on the cop bashing band wagon , despite common sense.....

Im sorry, but if there is fear you are going to cause me mortal danger, I dont care if you are mentally ill or a nuclear physicist

Im taking you out.......

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 09:25 AM
link   
So, let me see if I understand this. The cops are serving a warrant on an individual know to be violent, that individual attacks and tries to get their weapon, cops defend themselves, tragically the individual is killed and the cops are guilty of murder? No, they aren't, they have the right to defend themselves.

While it's tragic that the man was killed unless there is more to this story I don't see any excess force. I see cops prevented what could have been much more tragic. How many more people could have been killed had he been successful in overpowering the officer and getting the gun?

Cops murdering this individual; I think not.

new topics

top topics

join