It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hypersonic Missile's Next Stage

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2004 @ 07:43 PM
link   
A 2010 missile that can go Mach 4 and 3000 miles.
site link
Thats what I'm talkin about

[edit on 10-8-2004 by Murcielago]

[edit on 11-8-2004 by John bull 1]

posted on Aug, 10 2004 @ 08:04 PM
link   
About time our boys get some new flashy toys. The Tomahawk will be nothing compared to this. The tomahawk�s Speed-mach 0.78 Falcon�s Speed-mach 4. Now we can fire cruise missiles from the US to hit targets half a world away

posted on Aug, 10 2004 @ 11:39 PM
link   
yeah the tomahawk can only do so much and last so long.

posted on Aug, 11 2004 @ 12:03 AM
link   
There is no need for this, ICBM can do the job already today, much cheaper and faster. I hope this flying stupidity will never be funded.

Westpoint - it is not cruise misille it is more similar to the balistic misile.

posted on Aug, 11 2004 @ 01:00 AM
link   
either way its freakin awsome....!!!!

posted on Aug, 11 2004 @ 02:48 AM
link   
Actually ICBM's are not cheaper they cost around 30 mil a pop, and they destroy their silo when you launch them. ICBM's are set up so you only fire them in case of nuclear war, you would have to rewrite the protocols fro launching an ICBMS and you have to change the security it gets a mess. A hypersonic cruise missile is needed in the US arsenal cuz our current missile the Tomahawk doesn't go fast enough and it can get shot down but this one goes Mach4.

[edit on 11-8-2004 by WestPoint23]

posted on Aug, 11 2004 @ 06:54 AM
link   
Taken from the link provided:

....phase of the Falcon (short for "Force Application and Launch from the Continental United States")....

Is it me or should it be FALCUS? Unless you use the O from the continential part and N from the United bit

[edit on 11/8/04 by Infidellic]

posted on Aug, 11 2004 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Infidellic
Taken from the link provided:

....phase of the Falcon (short for "Force Application and Launch from the Continental United States")....

Is it me or should it be FALCUS? Unless you use the O from the continential part and N from the United bit

[edit on 11/8/04 by Infidellic]

That doesn't sound as cool.

Force Application and Launch from the Continental United States

posted on Aug, 11 2004 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Of course they are not going to cal a missile FALCUS
But some acronyms in most weapons don't make sense but they do sound damn good

posted on Aug, 15 2004 @ 02:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by longbow
There is no need for this, ICBM can do the job already today, much cheaper and faster. I hope this flying stupidity will never be funded.

Westpoint - it is not cruise misille it is more similar to the balistic misile.

Feasability studies were carried out in the 1980's involving the conversion of Trident missiles for conventional attack purposes. The idea being to replace the nulcear payload with heavy metal penetrators, specifically to attack Warsaw Pact airfields.
The reason this work was discontinued was simply because the other side couldn't know that the payload was conventional. The rest is self explanatory.

top topics

join