It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is there something you guys aren't telling me????

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Part of my job is processing concealed carry permits. In the last month or so applications have absolutely sky rocketed. Is there an impending alien invasion, global meltdown or armaggedon type situation I don't know about. Or maybe our local grocer ran a free firearm with purchase of 3 lbs of produce. Is there anywhere to check stats to see if this is a local thing or more widespread? I could not find anything online. I am feeling a little out of the loop and like I should go buy some more guns, lol.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by americanwoman

The reason for the increase is Obama and Democratic control of the white house. There have been some strong anti-gun pushes lately and every time something like this happens people become fearful they won't be able to buy guns. This causes them to go out and do it while its legal, and I would totally recommend you buy some more!

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   
I believe some may call it mass hysteria spread throught the main stream media. A reaction to concern over the approaching end of days, or perhaps a secret desire to prepare for the coming revolution.
On the other hand, try considering the possibility that there is nothing strange about this at all. These kind of statistical bumps happen in all sorts of things and are usually quite unrelated.
That is of course unless someone wants to use them to spread fear and paranoia. Surely no one would want to do that though.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by HologramDenier

Makes me wonder how busy next summer will be with the 2012 hype!

ETA- This is not a statistical bump, it is a ridiculous increase. To give you an idea, on any given day (except for the first 30-60 days after it became legal to carry concealed) I may have 1 or 2 permits finished and ready to pickup. Today I counted 17. I was just curious if it was a local thing, or if there was a trend. Surely there is someone else on ATS who does similar things.

edit on 29-6-2011 by americanwoman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   

I think the fear mongering drums are being played louder and by more media outlets, including the 'most watched...ahhhfox-chooo! Bless me and my personal bias

More people are also seeking answers/perspective in this ever increasing crazy climate we live in, discovering uncertainty and doom on the horizon. I has no guns but I appreciate the adage of 'guns are like condoms, it's better to have one and not need it than to need it and not have one.'

BOO!

spec
edit on 29-6-2011 by speculativeoptimist because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Well, of all the crazy theories I've heard regarding 2012, an attack on our country or a big war are towards the bottom of the list. Most people either believe 2012 will be nothing, a mere Harold Camping day or Y2K, or will be something we cannot plan for. If a Republican president wins the election in 2012 we will actually see gun sales drop considerably IMO.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Ask yourself americanwoman, "When SHTF will you be ready?" You ask ready for what? Honestly, I don't know but it doesn't hurt to have firearm during chaos...

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Impending meltdown?YES,it is called
the 2012 elections.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d68dfd863301.jpg[/atsimg]

I have an idea of why... We have the #1 gun salesman as president... Not cause hes actually selling anything, but instead what he is actually doing while in office... people realize we need to protect our own... and not the greedy corps/banksters... Plus all the out of control cops you see anymore... Not saying all are bad, but most are on a power trip...

I have been thinking of getting concealed myself, but my pistols are more open carry weapons, and my state allows open carry, so I just do that instead of running an intense backround check

edit on 29-6-2011 by morder1 because: (no reason given)

top topics

join