It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TSA pat-down bill dies in Texas Legislature

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   

A controversial bill to ban intrusive searches by federal airport security officers died in the Texas Legislature on the final day of the special session today after the House refused to bring it up for consideration. House members gave preliminary approval to the Senate-passed bill but fell well short of the 120 votes needed to suspend constitutional rules to bring the bill up for final passage. The vote was 96-26.

Hmmmm ..so where was that votes which are short? ..Are they ill ? How can House refuse to cancel this ? New game now by the elite ...just avoid the bill if you dont like it .

www.star-telegram.com...
edit on 29-6-2011 by xavi1000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   
I really had no expectation this would pass, but at least it went down in the light of day the second time and not dead by back room dealing and the ugliness of political corruption by the Lt. Gov. Perhaps the next time this comes around it will pass, and taking a second chance to pass it almost certainly led to the abrupt change in policy about molesting children at the checkpoints. Of course, they immediately turn around and molest a grandma in her 90's, but hey, at least it isn't small children for now.
edit on 29-6-2011 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by xavi1000

I used to have some hope for Texas, but as it appears, their leaders are just as much gutless turds as the rest of the political playing field. What? Are they afraid? Bunch of wussies.

It is now quite evident that the state slogan "Don't mess with Texas" is only a farce. It should be "Come mess with us, we will not do a thing". Yes, Texas, I am calling you out.
edit on 29-6-2011 by Skewed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Yep. Thought Texans might have the cojones to do what my state is too chicken to do. Guess I thought wrong. Isn't the phrase "Don't Mess With Texas" from a anti-pollution campaign from the 1970s?

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by louieprima

Isn't the phrase "Don't Mess With Texas" from a anti-pollution campaign from the 1970s?

Yes, it was a campaign against littering, mid 80's was the first time I heard it. It is now used more as a state slogan.
I have heard our current Gov, and former Gov (Bush Jr.) use this phrase many times. In the case of the current Gov, Rick Perry, he talks tough about standing up for State's Rights, he even wrote a book called Fed Up!

Well it's the citizens of Texas that are Fed Up now! Him and the chicken sh!t Lt. Gov, and now the house have bowed to the threats and pressure of the Federal Government. They had enough votes to pass this bill the first time, this second bill was added by the Gov for the special session of the legislature as a stunt. He is getting ready to run for president, and wanted to be able to say he did everything he could, when in fact he knew there was no way this would ever pass. They caved into Federal pressure back in May when the first bill was pulled.

"Don't Mess With Texas?" - It's really just an advertising campaign against littering.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by tvtexan

Yeah. Senator Vitter in my state pretty much does the same type of thing on a regular basis. At least Texas is being vocal about it even if they don't follow through. Louisiana is still dealing with so much FEMA rebuild money from the storms since '05 plus BP's Oil Spill fines that are filtering through the feds before getting to the state, that they dare not upset the federal money supply by taking on a DHS agency. A compelling reason for a state to be as self sufficient as possible.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   
this was expected after the TSA threatened
to shut down all Texas Airports if it passed.
Blackmail if you ask me.
Texans should grow a spine.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   
The Feds probably met with the legislators behind close doors and said, "Okay, you got our attention. What's it gonna take for us to change your minds? What do you want?"

And the politicians got their bribes (political favors, IOU's, payoffs) from the Feds, and then quickly "changed their minds" about the pat down bill.

Same old story, been going for thousands of years.

top topics

join