It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Enough Casey Anthony!!!!!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 08:41 AM
link   
My local channels are hijacked with this stupid trial! I don't care!!! I don't pay cable to have this on my tv! NBC, CBS, ABC and every other channel that is local has been overrun with this. All regular programing is non existent, it's been replaced with this!

It's a damn circus and people who follow this make me wonder. Do u not know there are wars going on, nuclear melt downs, floods and fires!!! Oh let's not forget earthquakes and volcanoes! It's amazing how many people don't know these things are going on but they can tell u all about this damn trial.

Yes it's sad a little girl was murdered but honestly it's NOT the first time and sadly it won't be the last! WTH is this one sooooo different?!? She is no different than any other murderer. She is guilty and you people are feeding into what she wants....ATTENTION! She is a sociopath! Why give her the time of day?

This does not affect me in any way, why is it all over tv? Everything else I mentioned affects me and YOU why don't you people care about those issues???

I use to watch HLN with Robin Meade in the morning cause I like her she makes me laugh and the weatherman is a trip but the entire program pretty much is this stupid trial! I stopped watching this morning to watch a show on Ufos and Nazis

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 08:44 AM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

Hit the submit button too soon...oops! On my iPhone so it's a little hard making a thread.

I forgot to mention THE ECONOMY!!! Yea that affects everyone yet that isn't on tv!

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 08:47 AM
link   
You must be in FL. You'd think it's the ONLY newsworthy event these days. It's a weird case though. The evidence screams she's guilty, but yeah, it's been a media circus.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
You must be in FL. You'd think it's the ONLY newsworthy event these days. It's a weird case though. The evidence screams she's guilty, but yeah, it's been a media circus.

Oh yea I'm about 35mins from Orlando, it's ridiculous! A couple weeks ago people were FIGHTING each other over seats! Another time people got trampled running to the court room. The people who watch this and act like that are sick IMO. If only they showed that much enthusiasum over real news!

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Although I grow weary of the media circus surrounding this crime and trial.....I think this case does (in a way) speak up for all children harmed and murdered. There is a huge cross-section of society that is angry about child abductions, abuse and murder. Little Caylee is the poster child...for.. enough already! We will catch and punish those that harm children.

Children are our future and very, very important to society and the world.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 09:12 AM
link   
I'm in PA and its on all my news stations! I have it on in the background right now (nearly muted). The only reason I have it on is to listen to this moron Jose Baez (Defense lawyer), he's been helping the prosecutions case more than he has his own with each question that he ask.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Mama feels your pain and agrees with you.
I have had enough of "Tot Mom" and her
entire dysfunctional family.
I am waiting for the verdict and hope that
justice is served.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 09:29 AM
link   
The musical "Chicago" did a great job of portraying the media circus around a (sadly) regular murder case.

See the song "They Both Reached for The Gun" and "Razzle Dazzle" for good examples. The whole show though from beginning to end has this theme in it. The Broadway show shows it more than the Hollywood remake.

BILLY(Spoken)
Roxie, you got nothing to worry about. It's all a circus, kid. A three ring circus.
These trials- the wholeworld- all show business.
But kid, you're working with a star, the biggest!

(Singing)
Give 'em the old razzle dazzle
Razzle Dazzle 'em
Give 'em an act with lots of flash in it
And the reaction will be passionate
Give 'em the old hocus pocus
Bead and feather 'em
How can they see with sequins in their eyes?
What if your hinges all are rusting?
What if, in fact, you're just disgusting?
Razzle dazzle 'em And they;ll never catch wise!

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 10:08 AM
link   

I felt exactly the same for most things the last few years.

Royal Wedding.....Osama Bin Laden's death......Cheryl Cole saga.......ads for Haye vs Klitschko.........lots more

Whether you switch on the tv, read a newspaper or get online, it'ss freakin' overkill. The only thing I cared about in the above list is the boxing on saturday because I wanna see Haye beat Wladimir then go on and beat Vitali later in the year to become Undisputed World Heavyweight champion but the ads on tv every single ad break....grrr, why?

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 10:10 AM
link   
It's really pretty simple M. This is what they want you to think about. OBEY!

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by BadMagician

Here ya go

I like the description "Richard Gere sings one of my favorite songs about litigation"
It's a great movie too one of my faves, and definitely better on broadway, much agreed

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by caladonea

Sorry I disagree. One child is no more important than all the others, and this isn't about being a poster child for what people won't put up with. This just shows what people are more concerned with over important things in the world that actually affect them. everyone wants their 15mins of fame and it's sick and that is what this is about! Guaranteed a movie and a book will be made. Money will be made off that poor little girl
and it's sad. Put her in jail and tiss the key! Baby murderers aren't liked in prison.

It's ridiculous! Many children are raped, murdered and abducted all over the world. Why is she special? Enough already. There are things going on in the world that need to be on the news yet this media circus is all over the news here. It's disgusting that people are so tuned into this. They are making her a pseudo celebrity! She's a sick murderer.

T

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by BadMagician

I have never watched Chicago. I'm not a fan of musicals lol
But what u point out is interesting .

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 06:47 PM
link   
I am from the UK and I only found out about this case yesterday and have been morbidly tranfixed with it ever since. I don't know why this is but the case is so peculiar and out of line with normality that it has drawn in a lot of attention.

I know you probably made this post to stop the spread of Casey Anthony information/ programmes/ news reports/ trial coverage and so don't want to add more discussion out there, but I think the sentencing of this will be interesting and I might speak for a minority here but I don't think she should get the death penalty.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by eyesdown

I might speak for a minority here but I don't think she should get the death penalty.

You bring up an interesting point...the death penalty...and entire threads could and have been written about that subject. You also bring up another interesting point...you probably meant to say if she is found guilty of murder...then you think she should not get the death penalty.

As of yet...she is still on trial and her innocence or guilt is still up to a jury...but most assume she is guilty and you might ask yourself why...possibly the coverage and what we have been spoon fed by the media up to this point? Does she not deserve the same consideration we would give anyone in our American system of justice...innocent until proven guilty? Or should we just skip over the rest of the trial and go ahead an convict and sentence her?

To stop the coverage of the trial or not? Hmmm...I would say at this point it is too late...and although we have all had a belly full of the back and forth issues...a womans life is in the hands of our justice system...as is the life that was taken...but do we really want to pass judgment and do we just as a society settle for revenge?

Hopefully we will let the jury decide her guilt of innocence and from there start discussing a penalty phase if guilty is the verdict.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 07:55 PM
link   
I might speak for a minority here but I don't think she should get the death penalty.

I agree with that. I don't think they will find her guilty of first degree pre-meditated murder, but she is definitely guilty of aggravated child abuse, aggravated manslaughter of a child and four counts of providing false information to police. In Florida, child abuse that results in the death of a child carries a second degree felony charge. So, at the very least she will spend the rest of her life in jail...To me, that is a fate worse than death

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by sith9157

Well Casey was found guilty of lying to the police.........Four counts......

She was not found guilty of murder......

So her parents walk out....and the defense team hugging each other, crying tears of joy......

Meanwhile a child is still dead. Casey might have fooled the jury but she will not fool the Holy Father.

I'm utterly stunned. Our great American court system has failed this precious angel.

I will refrain from further comment.

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Leyla

Actually the court system did work. It doesn't matter if you agree or not. They didn't have any real evidence linking her to the death. IMO she is guilty, she either knows who did it or what happened..she is guilty of covering up a crime in some way i believe. How can she not? She never reported her child missing and her behavior shows lying and guilt. So she's charged with lying to the police, well she has obviously lied about other things but they don't have proof even though it takes common sense IMO.

She'll live with this the rest of her life. It will eat away at her guaranteed.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   

They never did find any fingerprints on the duct tape right? (I broke a coffee pot with coffee in it and it spilled on a co worker- the thought of me hurting someone it tore me up.) Casey oh she cried some but explain the 31 days of lying to her parents. And did Cindy lie too about the internet search?

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Leyla

They never did find any fingerprints on the duct tape right? (I broke a coffee pot with coffee in it and it spilled on a co worker- the thought of me hurting someone it tore me up.) Casey oh she cried some but explain the 31 days of lying to her parents. And did Cindy lie too about the internet search?

No finger prints and yes her mother lied. I did see this morning that she could be tried with purgery for lying.

Yea I don't think she killed her but I do think she knows who did and what happened. Her dad was a cop or so I read so I would assume he would know how to cover a death up. I don't think her parents are innocent either. I think they know something and maybe the brother or dad was a part of it, who knows. Its all a guess on my part.

The one charge she was found innocent of amazed me, child neglect. How is not reporting your child missing for 30 days while she parties NOT neglect?! That is what makes me mad, it IS neglect and shows she has zero emotion for her child.

Sad thing is she will make millions selling her story...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join