It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

1000 Teen Flash Mob Ruins Ohio festival

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 02:37 AM
link   
These flash mobs are getting out of hand. The poilce need to get tough with these children. This is the only way the flash mobs will stop. I feel that perhaps this should fall under the organized crime laws. Since obviously it is organied via social media.

Not only this, I want to know where these kids parents were. Parents should have some clue what their children are up to. What kind of upbringing makes these children feel entitled to act however they wish?
We are not talking about a few misbehaving children looking for trouble. This is a thousand!

Chief Jeffrey Robertson told Fox 8, "At about five o'clock, we had an influx of kids here, probably a thousand kids in total."

"I think there should be zero tolerance by the police department because the kids are just getting away with stuff," said Fernando. "You know, families come here to have a good time. Now everybody is going to have second thoughts to come or not."

Mob of Teens Blamed for Ruining Popular Festival

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 02:44 AM
link   
Race Card.

Wait for it.............

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 02:49 AM
link   
unload-re-load,

as curtis sliwa said" give them some wood shampoo's"

lol!!

this is getting kinda creepy.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 02:51 AM
link   
Right before reading this post I was reading a post about the potential for riots should Obama lose re-election. These flash mobs are quickly changing the way many view violence and riots...making this behavior the norm. I have to say if we don't get hold on this behavior and stop it now we might find riots no matter WHO wins or loses the election.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 02:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by josh2009s
Race Card.

Wait for it.............

Oh gosh... I hope not. What we have here is a problem that needs remedied. Period.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 02:58 AM
link   
Erg, I posted this in the wrong forum page, Sorry I had multiple ones
open.
edit on 29-6-2011 by MrSensible because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 02:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by elouina
I want to know where these kids parents were. Parents should have some clue what their children are up to. What kind of upbringing makes these children feel entitled to act however they wish?
We are not talking about a few misbehaving children looking for trouble.

This is a thousand!

Where?
I did not see 1000.
In the video, when he said that security cameras had caught some of the teens misbehaving, it then showed 2 people running across the parking lot. One of them was a cop.

CLEVELAND HEIGHTS, Ohio— Cleveland Heights Police were called to the Coventry Arts Fair on Sunday night after a large fight involving dozens of teenagers broke out at Peace Park.

dozens.... or a thousand....maybe a million. who knows??

End of the video, a guy says "these kids are just getting away with stuff."

What is the crime here?
What is it that I am supposed to be furious about?

I am not saying that nothing happened, but if something did happen, it was not shown in this video, or mentioned in this article, so what was it?

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 03:01 AM
link   
reply to post by MrSensible

As if I wasn't already lost in this thread....
What are you talking about?
Nudity????

I give up.
Logic is lost.
Goodnight

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 03:05 AM
link   
We the people want our rights. If we stand together we could accomplish said rights. Now, it seems people are uniting for criminal activites. That is the scary part. Masses have the power... Apparently people are uniting for wrong and not right... Kind of sad.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 03:35 AM
link   
It looks like the store owners (they all seem to be white)
would be happy to see all the people (they all seem to be black) Anyone say they were there ?
What it looks like to me is all these kids arent buying anything..just crowding out liegimate customers .
If you go to a hamburger stand and see two tour busses and a line out the door you will drive on to some place else
same thing here..Why?..What is the next card after the race card? Or is it game over ?

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 03:40 AM
link   
The second we see the police getting tough with these flash mobs certain members here will be screaming police brutality. OMG POLICE STATE!!!ONE!1!

I personally see this as another reason to crack down on the internet. Hackers everywhere, mobs being organized, kids buying drugs with illegal (BitCoin) currency!

Something needs to be done, lets hope it's done rationally.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 04:01 AM
link   
reply to post by BrokenCircles

So if it wasn't caught on video it didn't happen? There were dozens of fighting children. But the flash mob itself was about 1000. And their intent was mayhem. Here is an account from a vendor that I found posted on facebook:

I was a vendor @ the street faired, kids were INTENTIONALLY provoking fights, running up n down Coventry scaring the patrons as well as us the vendors. Standing by vendors tables blocking potential salesn harassing people who paid good $$ to display their wares. Some1 posted a comment about people should keep an eye n displine their kids n NOT attend art fairs, lemme tell ya something 1st of all these kids were UNATTENDED no parents! 2ndly, displine starts IN the home...

Fox news 8 Facebook

It would be a shame if a law, like the below mentioned, was implemented. Those children will just mess things up for themselves. Pity... But it sounds like the city will try to prevent this from happening again. Good for them!

"In downtown Cleveland, Tower City has a parental involvement program that requires youth under 18 to be accompanied by an adult, parent or legal guardian after 2:30 p.m., seven days a week. In general, our city must have more authority to deal with loitering and curfew violations," she said. "Importantly, this is an opportunity to engage a diverse group of parents to come together and devise solutions to deal with such disruptive behavior. With Coventry and other business districts planning events this summer, we must have policies and plans in place to avoid a repeat of what happened yesterday."

Update: Extra Police Called Help Disperse Crowd, 16 Arrested After Coventry Fair
edit on 29-6-2011 by elouina because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by elouina
So if it wasn't caught on video it didn't happen?
I read your comment all the way up until this point. ↑↑

Here is the answer that I had already provided before you asked this question.

Originally posted by BrokenCircles
I am not saying that nothing happened, but if something did happen, it was not shown in this video, or mentioned in this article, so what was it?

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 12:00 AM
link   
reply to post by josh2009s

Can I guess ?

What is it with these mobs now... did all of them get together on facebook and say.. "This is the new thing to do"...
Parents ? Are you kidding me, these kids are lucky to know who their parents are.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 12:26 AM
link   
reply to post by BrokenCircles

You're supposed to be furious about those dag-nabbed kids showing up where they ain't belong, consarn it! Wave your cane and scream about your lawn, like the rest of these ignorant old coots.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 12:33 AM
link   
My mother used to run a Servo up in the North West of Australia and flash mobs were the norm back then ( 12 years ago ). Large numbers of Aborigines would storm into her shop and just steal everything with just one person at the counter distracting her. She worked out how to deal with them by basically charging the distractor huge amounts of money to cover her losses or she would ban them from the store.

Now the interesting thing is when my mother first confronted the so called Matriarch about all the little kids flogging her merchandise the women replied by saying " What else do they have to look forward to in life other than stealing from the big bad white man who took their land".

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 12:38 AM
link   
This group and others that are mimicking them are NOT Flash Mobs.
People like this do NOT define a flash mob...but are more closely related to a gang of animals than humans.
Then again...we have to look at who is causing all this disruption.

The education given these kids, especially in the Cleveland area was probably little to none...even if the kids showed up to school to begin with. Most urban Midwestern areas are scraping the bottom of the barrel to even find anyone that would be truly qualified to use a cash register at McD's

There is NO excuse for this type of action...but even asking where the parental and adult supervision for these pup's are and why they are not doing something about it....THINK ABOUT IT....where do you think they are?

When the cops step in...all it will do is accelerate the inevitable.

What to do? Got a feeling that it will take more action than ANYONE is willing to offer.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 12:38 AM
link   
This flash mob instance interests me more than other ones. Since it appears the community is prepared to do something to prevent this from happening again. Much better than bickering about race and what caused it. The next fair is July 24th so I will be watching this closely up until then.

Just found this. They just voted to implement a 6PM curfew for those under 18. Wow that was fast. But I am not certain how this will work. Since the flash mob happened at 5PM.
Cleveland Heights City Council holds special meeting to debate "childish" issue

Here is another video of a newscast.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 01:09 AM
link   
reply to post by TheWalkingFox

As funny as you would like to be about it, it is actually a very serious matter than I have been doing some research on. For example, so far the Flash Mob/Wilding is not limited to large cities and greater metro areas. Most reporting of such events are only reported in and around cities.

It has become a regular occurring situation in Chicago, but also in smaller communities in Illinois statewide. While early organized groups tend to stick to petty theft and disruption, those with experience under their belts have started moving up to more violent crime due to the benefit of overwhelming numbers.

While most reported Flash Mobs are predominately black youth, best to hang on to the race card for now because not all Flash Mobs are in keeping with this. While it would be great to say that the origin of such things is a living version of a DDOS attack, history proves this to not be the case. Ask Genghis Khan, the Vikings and the Plains Indian Tribes about just how effective sudden attacks in superior numbers are.

I hate to say this, but I think what we are seeing here is just a beginning. Imagine if there was a more political focus behind the targeting rather than just kicks...say a government installation or large financial institution like a regional Federal Reserve Branch?

It is going to be a long Summer and probably longer Fall.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 01:36 AM
link   

edit on 30-6-2011 by elouina because: Image from video was likely from previous news story.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join