It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea Threatens "Sacred War" On South

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 09:39 PM
link   
An anonymous spokesman for North Korea has vowed to respond to any provocations with a "merciless retaliatory sacred war" over slanderous slogans.

North Korea on Wednesday accused the South of slander and threatened to launch "a retaliatory sacred war" as the two sides prepared to hold rare talks on a stalled joint tourism project.

A Pyongyang government spokesman accused the South's frontline army units of displaying slogans slandering the North's "army, system and dignity" and said they were "little short of a clear declaration of war".

North made similar threats when South Korean reservists were found to be using pictures of Pyongyang's ruling Kim dynasty as rifle-range targets. That practice has been stopped.

www.channelnewsasia.com...

This comes amid the announcement that N.Korea, and Russia have canceled a Summit.

North Korean leader Kim Jong-il has apparently cancelled a visit to the eastern Russian port city of Vladivostok to meet with Russian President Dmitry Medvedev.

"It's my understanding that a summit between Chairman Kim Jong-il and President Dmitry Mevedev was known to be scheduled to take place in Russia's Far Eastern region of Vladivostok on June 30 or July 1," a senior South Korean government source told the Yonhap news agency. "We have no idea yet why the talks were canceled." english.chosun.com...

edit on 28-6-2011 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Hello BTS.

I wish they would do something already.........Although, it has been a few months since they flexed them muscles..

I highly doubt anything will come from this.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 09:43 PM
link   
I was reading about N. Korean yesterday thinking
things would escalate and it seems to be doing so.
I have a feeling it isn't all talk this time by Lil Kim.
A starving country and they spend their money
on weapons - here we go again - let's see who
gets in on this.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 09:45 PM
link   
WW3 here we come

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 09:45 PM
link   
They won't do squat. Not yet anyway.

SKorea is doing drills on the border with NKorea all week long, me thinks that's what they are angry about.

Hell a South Korean delegation is going to NKorea today or tomorrow... like they gonna do a provocation while this is happening... no way.
edit on 28-6-2011 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

Well it is not the first time and it wont be the last time the North treatens the South,
We can only sit back and watch to see what unfolds.
I dont expect much from this latest threat.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by crazydaisy
A starving country and they spend their money
on weapons - here we go again

It kinda sounds like America.
Second line....

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 09:52 PM
link   

why don't we just let them fight it out already damn. Tell every other country to stay out of it including china and watch who wins. I think south korea would shut it big dumb mouth it they knew china or Russia wasn't going to help them.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by pcrobotwolf

why don't we just let them fight it out already damn. Tell every other country to stay out of it including china and watch who wins. I think south korea would shut it big dumb mouth it they knew china or Russia wasn't going to help them.

Ya i agree but if US leaves, then i would guarantee you that North Korea would launch a crazy war with the South Korea even thought that the South Korean military are capable of defending themselves. Plus we still have a 1953 mutual defense treaty that we are obliged to protect South Korea. That also includes NATO. www.koreaembassyusa.org...

The war isn't over yet due to a ceasefire agreement. Plus i would bet you 10 bucks that North Korea might used the nukes. North Korea is afraid of the US presence in South Korea.
edit on 28-6-2011 by Paulioetc15 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 10:05 PM
link   
I wish they would just bomb eachother already. I'm getting a headache with all this little kid stuff

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by liejunkie01
Hello BTS.

I wish they would do something already.........Although, it has been a few months since they flexed them muscles..

I highly doubt anything will come from this.

I wonder myself...is there any place not at war. This is the part that gets to me...

North made similar threats when South Korean reservists were found to be using pictures of Pyongyang's ruling Kim dynasty as rifle-range targets. That practice has been stopped.

www.channelnewsasia.com...

I mean, come on....

I am trying hard not to laugh. However, I know its serious. I think....

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Maybe North Korea is gonna be the start of this World War 3 thing we are all hearing about.

Isn't such a hard idea to grasp on unlike HAARP and Chemtrails

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by crazydaisy

Yes, its been brewing for a while. The tensions...

North Korea was all up in a tiff over the G20 summit too.
Chemical filled weather balloons...

Who could tell with North Korea?

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
They won't do squat. Not yet anyway.

SKorea is doing drills on the border with NKorea all week long, me thinks that's what they are angry about.

Could be, you know the way they are. No telling me thinks this situation is a loose cannon
you never know when the real thing is going to hit. At least thats the way I see it.

Then again...

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by meathed

Definitely not the first time.

I wonder if this has anything to do with the current threats....

North Korea said that it is looking to engage in a dialogue on nuclear arm control, as the country took over the presidency of the 65-nation United Nations Conference on Disarmament on Tuesday.

North Korea has been at odds with the U.N. and Western powers over its disputed nuclear program for the past several years. Efforts to hold meaningful talks on its nuclear program have repeated failed.

According to a statement released by the U.N., So Se Pyong, North Korea’s ambassador, is “very much committed to the Conference and during his presidency he welcomed any sort of constructive proposals that strengthened the work and credibility of the body.” www.theepochtimes.com...

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 10:19 PM
link   
I think that at this point the north is starving and theres food right over the fence at some point we have to eat and war = food and I'd kill to eat... oh yeah I do. so I believe that if the hunger gets worse then they will fight

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 10:23 PM
link   
i just read that kim jung il shot a 38 under par and got 11 hole-in-ones the first time he ever picked up a golf club.he then decided to retire from the sport forever.

i also read that he learned to walk at 3 weeks and was talking by age 8 weeks.

according to his biography he has the ability to alter the weather simply through the power of thought and that he wrote 6 full operas in 2 years and that each of them are greater than anything ever created in the history of music.

also according to his official biography kim jung il wrote 1,500 books in 4 years while he attended kim sung il university and that he was such a genius that as an infant he was correcting teachers and professors on the correct interpretation of history.

he also claimed to have invented the hamburger.

so if kim jung il does declare war you can expect him jetting into south korea in a mig 27, open cockpit with two fully automatic m60's under his arms, parachuting behind enemies lines and single handedly defeating every soldier in south korea, then running 1,500 miles into seoul under 20 mins, rewrite the entire constitution and hoist the n.korean flag all in less than one hour.

in what will surely be recorded as the most amazing and brilliant military invasion ever undertaken and the most incredible feat of soldiering ever witnessed in the history of warfare.

edit on 28-6-2011 by randomname because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by pcrobotwolf

why don't we just let them fight it out already damn.

I agree with that for sure. However, history repeats itself as we know. Not that I am for
involement, as I am not.

reply to post by freakshowfatty

Interesting facet, your right about the food. Sad...

What I find curious, or should I say typical of North Korea...is this:

North Korea has imported large quantities of Chinese riot gear, apparently to put down uprisings similar to those in Arab nations, the Chosun Ilbo reported.

Separately, a South Korean ruling party lawmaker, quoting the country's spy chief, said Wednesday various policy blunders have hurt North Korean leader Kim Jong Il's leadership and affected the prospects of his heir apparent son, Kim Jong Un, Yonhap News Agency reported.

Citing a source it did not identify, the Chosun Ilbo said the North's riot gear imports included tear gas, shields and helmets from China. The Communist country also is trying to get bulletproof vests and barricade materials.
www.thirdage.com...

So, they can afford riot gear to prevent uprisings, but the poor people starve.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by randomname

OK that was an epic win post.

You rock sir.

And about food. North Korea has not slashed rations to about 500-700 calories A DAY... well guess what, a normal human need a minimum of 1200 calories for women and 1800 for men.

Let's say you work in a field every day of the week, like most NKorean do... well you need way more than that... just to keep your weight. You need about 20 calories/pound... A 160 lbs man would need 3200 calories if he works everyday in the field...

I bet women in NKorea right now don't have periods because they don't have enough food.
edit on 28-6-2011 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Hasn't there been a hold on the US Food Aid
they were going to send to N Korea? I suppose
that won't get there for sure now. Sad the people
have to suffer while others play games.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join