It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anonymous declaring war

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Whilst watching BBC news24, I came across a foot note stating the the hacker group anonymous is declaring war on orlando florida

"The hacker group Anonymous has taken down a US tourism website in Orlando, Florida as a protest against the arrests of people handing out food to the city's homeless"

www.bbc.co.uk...

rt.com...

I'm new to this thread starting stuff, so it might already be on another thread if so sorry.Any more info on this or ANON itself would be interesting to read

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Cambion

I was on their chat rooms I have to say I lost a lot of respect for them. They were pretty open about being a bunch of kids running dDOS attacks. I have to say I expected more from them. For all their hive mind and talk about progressing freedom the best they could come up with was "uh we fap like 80% of the time 20% ddos"

I'll be looking for someone else to help usher in a brighter future.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 08:27 PM
link   
so please explain to me how taking down
a 3rd party website that was not involved
in the cops arresting these people gonna
hurt the people they want to hurt ???

they kinda missed the target didn't they ???

why didn't they go after the law enforcement
website for Orlando ???

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 08:28 PM
link   
wait, what about the revolution ?

typical kids, can't focus !

lol

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 08:29 PM
link   
I thought they said they were through with all that...

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   
I was just curious really, have seen their name thrown about on here abit, but never mentioned on 'main stream media'.

Suppose just wait and see if there is anything in it.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Imhotepsol

HAHA. So you went into the AnonOps IRC one time and what? Asked straight up what it is they do? What goes on in the public IRC channel and what goes on behind the scenes are two entirely different things. I don't care to express my non compliance by DDoS attacking what have so far be useless targets, so I don't really know what exactly the deal is with Anon behind the scenes...

I think they were just giving you some cocky attitude.

-Lightrule

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   
ATSPOST
read this post from a new member..It may add to what is being discussed here
in the INTRODUCTIONS forum read the post intitled .Moderator and IRC operator from URL Removed ..Was this guy for real ? Did we really get a visit from them ??

edit on 28-6-2011 by granpabobby because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   
if Anonymous really is a government initiative in the attempt to censor the internet... WHY isn't MSM all over this?

but I still say they hack where they can and make up a reason for it later
edit on 28-6-2011 by Forevever because: yes, I do typo

Originally posted by granpabobby
Moderator and and IRC Operator from URL Removed(at your service)]ATSPOST

.... do what now?
edit on 28-6-2011 by Forevever because: confusing link....

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 08:40 PM
link   
While I agree that feeding your homeless is not a bad thing, I wonder, how is this related to the site they attacked,in a way that is causing the arresting cops any grief? Which I'm assuming was their reason for disdain.

Also, I'm pretty sure that feeding and giving in to homeless people's requests, in that specific area, was against a municipal law, as an attempt to keep the homeless people out of family used parks. As asked for by the citizens that used it...

As that is the only way it could be a lawful arrest. Something the news agencies conveniently leave out.
We have the same city laws in our parks.

They are wielding a powerful sword now. Their grasp is far reaching. I hope they can use it for some good. Lame but true is..."with great power comes great responsibility".

Why don't they hack NASA, Or FBI, CIA, NSA etc and so forth.....the places where the real hiding is done? I'm not really suggesting that...but as a display of meaning business..that is where I would start. Go big or go home.
edit on 28-6-2011 by Demoncreeper because: I don't know. I just did.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Homedawg

Anonymous =/= LulzSec

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by granpabobby

Your ats link isn't working..

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by syrinx high priest
wait, what about the revolution ?

typical kids, can't focus !

lol

Pretty much it. Star.

I cant have a second line when its been covered right?

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrFake

Originally posted by Homedawg

Anonymous =/= LulzSec

yeah of course.. every hacker group on the planet is the same people

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   
I'm going off on a rant here......

Why did they get arrested? Were the the arrested parties too stupid to lure the homeless to a new place where they could be fed in peace? I mean if you know its against the law then take your seedy business elsewhere to a place you can do as you please.

Fail to the feeders and fail to the homeless that didnt follow the crumb wagon.
edit on 28-6-2011 by Shadowalker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Sorry, I cannot pull up the links in the OP for some reason (I have crappy internet service could be the reason) but from what I remember reading this morning at work, it is more of an attack on the city, city's tourism (i.e. income from) if they don't change or "excuse" the city ordinance of feeding the homeless. Yes, innocent people will get effected.

I for one am appalled at people getting arrested for feeding the hungry. These people are HUNGRY. I know where I live, the food pantries are bare, and the donation bins at the local stores are bare.

It is rediculous for them to arrest people for feeding the hungry with their own money.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Lightrule

No I went on a couple of times and was chatting with a few guys. Enough to know that script kiddies haven't changed that much in the last 10 years since we used to run ping and buffer overflow attacks on IRC rooms.

Its all very childish and meh.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by ItsEvolutionBaby

I know the link isnt working dont know how to fix it ..so..I gave the location of the thread so folks can read it as it is quite interesting

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 09:08 PM
link   
arent we having 3g/4g issues with switchs in southern florida?

too close for my liking not to be a co-inky dink!

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by granpabobby

link for that ats thread you're talking about
www.abovetopsecret.com...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join