It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gaza flotilla ship 'sabotaged by divers'

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shamatt
No, it is perfecctly clear what you are after. You want to starve innocent families, women and children, blah blah blah blah blah *cry* *weep* *moan*

Lmao, yeah, I disprove all of your points and suddenly it's clear what I'm after - the starvation of innocent families.

No I am not after that. Debating with you is a joke if you come to these conclusion that fast. Motivated by emotions.. bleh.

Cold cruel hearltess beasts, that would inflict such misery and suffering on an entire people. And you call yourselves religious!!!

No I don't. Neither does Israel's official ruling system is a theocracy. Did I mention you jump to conclusion too fast? Yes I did.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Master_007
Who said Iserail should be allowed to police the high seas and everyone needs to dance to the tune of the IDF and MOSSAD agents because they say the ships are carring weapons.

Israel is damn well the police when it comes to unauthorizes vessels sailing towards a blockaded area.

Still if you want to beleive the rubish about paintball guns being used against peace protestors and didn't ask why all the video films of the attack were confiscated from the press aboard the aid convoy then thats up to you.

What's this soldier holding then? A bazooka?

They boarded the ship with non-lethal weapons at first, paintball guns is what I can recall. Then, when situation became critical for the soldiers and they were lynched, another team with lethal weapons boarded the ships. Rightly so.
No army force on earth would let it's soldiers get lynched without assisting them. Seeing as the "activists" didn't listen to any request, didn't comply with soldiers boarding the ship with non lethal weapons, and weren't very friendly and welcoming in general (understandable), the only option remains is sending troops with actual weapons to enforce order.

Do you know a single military force in the world that would not shoot to kill once it's soldiers are attacked with metal bars and pipes? I know none.

Just for the record:
I personally believe that from a military POV this whole operation went wrong. What should have happened IMO is about 10 warnings from the IDF ships saying that if the flotilla does not turn back, they are going to fire at their engines and leave them at sea to beg to be rescued.
Sending unarmed men to a ship filled by an angry, extremely violent mob is wrong.
edit on 1-7-2011 by IsraeliGuy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Yeah, those poor hard done by Gazans starving to death (rolls my eyes):

www.tomgrossmedia.com...

proisraelbaybloggers.blogspot.com...

Show me a starving Palestinian and I'll show you a real live fairy!!!!!!

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by bluemirage5

Show me your fairy.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 10:41 PM
link   
It could have been Israel who sabotaged it, or it could have been Greece.
Greece and Israel are getting closer these days.

At the moment there are joint military exercises going on in Greece between the two.
Maybe they used the joint exercises as a cover to bring in others without the media finding out, to do this sabotage?

Then again, one ship from the flotilla left port without permission, and the Greek coast guard intercepted it and turned it around.
There's every possibility Greek special forces are responsible for the sabotage with involvement from the National Intelligence Service. Allowing the flotilla to leave, and cause a confrontation with Israel, would be damaging to bi-lateral relations. It would also piss off Washington.
On the other hand, they might have simply allowed some "extra" Israeli personnel to come in as part of the exercises going on, to do this sabotage.

At the end of the day it makes no difference who did it because these boats wont be leaving a Greek port bound for Gaza. And as you can see those who try will be stopped.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by backinblack
reply to post by Aloysius the Gaul

If you cannot determine whether actions are legal it is also impossible to determine whether actions are illegal - you use the same criteria to determine both - if it meets the criteria for legality it is legal, if it does not it is illegal.

What????
Shooting and killing someone is illegal unless you can prove your action is justified..

Quite - under law.

Not sure how this halps your case tho....

Israel shot and killed people on the last flotilla

And how is that related to the legality of the actual blockade??

Not sure how bad your memory is but you have been in many of these threads and the San Reno Treaty is about the only laws that have been mentioned, apart from the occasional mention of the Geneva Convention..

So is it law or not?

If it IS law, then you should be able to show how Israel is breaking it.

If it is not law, then what law is it that Israel are/were breaking with their blockade?

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 04:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Aloysius the Gaul

If it is not law, then what law is it that Israel are/were breaking with their blockade?

Piracy....It IS illegal to board a foreign vessel..

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 04:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by backinblack
Piracy....It IS illegal to board a foreign vessel..

So when a countries border patrol board a boatload of illegals, like Australia does you claim what Australia does is illegal....

www.abc.net.au...
www.dailytelegraph.com.au...

etc etc.

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 04:34 AM
link   
reply to post by spoor

So when a countries border patrol board a boatload of illegals, like Australia does you claim what Australia does is illegal....

They only board in Australian waters..

Did Israel board in Israeli waters??

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join