It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gaza flotilla ship 'sabotaged by divers'

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Gaza flotilla ship 'sabotaged by divers'

english.aljazeera.net

A Swedish ship due to join an upcoming Gaza-bound aid flotilla has been sabotaged in the Greek port of Piraeus, organisers say.

In a statement, they said "hostile divers had destroyed the propeller house and cut the propeller shaft" of the vessel Juliano on Monday.

The ship is part of the 10-vessel Freedom Flotilla II that is expected to set sail from Greece and elsewhere for the Gaza Strip in the coming days in a bid to break Israel's blockade of the Palestinian territory.

About 350 pro-Palestinian activists from 22 countries are likely to participate.

Israel insists the latest
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 08:13 PM
link   
The Gaza bound flottila aid ship has reportadly been sabotaged by hostile divers. Israel has realeased a numberoud number of statements which I ammount to propaganda, stating that the aid workers on the ships intend to pour acid on the IDF soldiers bound to intercept it. I have no clue where this intellegence is coming from and I have reason to doubt what the IDF is saying.

However, more interesting is- who sabotaged this aid ship? and why? Most peoples immediate guesses would be some Israeli or pro-Israeli element, however I urge you do not judge, before the entire story comes out.

english.aljazeera.net
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by SpeachM1litant

least this time no one got hurt,kinda makes me wonder if my friend in israel who works in the military had anythign to do with this as we had been talking about non violent ways to stop the protestors such as wrapping a cable around there propeller just like the sea sheppard does there are far more effective ways of stoping a boat then boarding it or even blowing it up just make it so it can move under its own power then "render humanitarian aid" as there in a disabled boat and tow them to the port of your choice......seems like it would solve all this nonsense

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 08:34 PM
link   
"and I have reason to doubt what the IDF is saying"

lol i do ! uss liberty dammit !

lets not point to israel just yet . That would be to easy . Lets see what evidence comes up with this event. Perhaps it was an inside job to blalme israel
but who knows . Seems like something israel would do...

(by israel i mean the zionist administration not the general jews)

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Someone performed a terrorist attack on an aid ship? I hope whoever was responsible be brought to justice with the use of a hellfire missile.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Oh dear, this is going to get messey.

I hope the international community keeps a close eye on this flotila. This event really could make a major change if they truly travel in peace and are met with unreasonable force. The UN can only stand by for so long despite what the US may do to prevent any action from them.

It also makes me wonder if the Israel armed forces/secret service have been working illegaly in other countries again. Seems that way, but obviously we need to awit for more information.

Please don't think I have any issue with Jewish people or their religion, but I hate the way Israel behaves.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Why would someone wanting to nix the mission only sabotage 1 ship out of 10??

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Aloysius the Gaul

Why would they sabotage one out of ten?
Indeed.
Why wouldn't they just leave them the hell alone?
Those Israelis.....

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by SirClem

That's quite presumptive, and has a fair bit of poisoning the well too.

assuming that the Israelis acted in order to stop the flotilla, why only sabotage 1?

A "false flag" operation seems a likely possibility too - it would be a good move for someone seeking to raise anti-Israeli feelings - and leaving the rest of the fleet to sail, and get a heap of publicity when the invariably get inerecepted by the IDF (or actualy even if they don't!) looks like reasonable motivation for jsut sabotaging 1.

Pure speculation on my part of course......but that is all anyone is indulging in anyway.....

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 09:02 PM
link   
I didn't even notice hitting "post" twice!!

edit on 28-6-2011 by Aloysius the Gaul because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by SpeachM1litant

So what?...mess with the best,die like the rest...people will never learn to not fool with Israel

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Presumptive?
Perhaps you could tell me who else, besides Israel or Israeli paid operatives, want these ships stopped?
Or do you think this is just random acts of ship violence...

edit on 28-6-2011 by SirClem because: I dunno

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by SirClem

The action clearly wasn't an attempt tp stop the ships (plural) at all - just one - that's my point - it makes no sense to stop one and let the others go if you're actually trying to stop the fleet.

It makes more sense to do so if you are doign a "false flag" incident. IMO there are plenty of groups ruthless enough to do such an incident - Hamas, Hezbollas, AQ, and even some extreme pro-Palestine and/or anti-Israel Europeans fit the bill.

I hae no information that any actually did so - but then you have no information that Israel did it either so I think my speculation is as valid as yours (at this point)

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Does anyone know what was on that particular ship?...What made it special?

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   

????
I am not sure I want to go there....but, in the interest of fairness, I suppose I have to.
What exactly leads you to believe that, IF Israel wanted to stop these ships (which of course is clear that they DO), that they would have to sabotage them all at once for it to be apparent? What kind of logic is this?
In fact, I see no logic at all in your post. In your "logic", how could a false flag benefit Palestine? In fact, let's just say it IS a false flag done by one of these anti-Zionist groups. They surely failed don't you think? After all, those that believe Israel is home to the chosen ones still believe that, don't they?

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by SirClem

IMO creating anti-Israeli news headlines is a motive - increasing international pressure. I don't think for a moment that anythign to do with this fleet is goign to "break" anything in Palestine - but I do think it is part of a much wider process that includes propaganda and "black ops" from all sides.

So there is no need for this 1 incident to make an immediate material difference for it to be still worthwhile as propaganda.

Israel might have decided to sabotage just 1 if they thought that 10 would be too much for their navy to handle - it seems kak handed to do so as it creates multiple opportunities for anti-israeli headlines - this one, and the next one when the next ship is sabotaged (if at all), or the fleet is intercepted by the IDF.

Sure the Israelis have been kak handed before - everyone has - but given the opportunity why wouldn't they have tried to disable all of them??

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by SirClem

Presumptive?
Perhaps you could tell me who else, besides Israel or Israeli paid operatives, want these ships stopped?
Or do you think this is just random acts of ship violence...

edit on 28-6-2011 by SirClem because: I dunno

I can't tell you who would've done it, but Israel has never been shy about turning ships back with a show of force. This doesn't fit their MO.

/TOA

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by KilrathiLG

Or Israel could let them deliver humanitarian aid unhindered so that international opinion would begin to turn in Israel's favour once again?

I mean at the end of the day these flotilla aid convoys are publicity stunts, designed to get the sort of harsh reaction Israel has become synonymous with in order to turn public opinion in the west in favour of the Palestinians and against Israel. The State of Israel would be much better off just letting them deliver the food, medical supplies and whatever else is on there.

As for this act of sabotage, I'm making no judgements yet but it was definitely someone desperate to ensure that this boat wasn't going to leave for Israel.
edit on 28-6-2011 by lifeissacred because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Israel thinks they are beyond reproach and do just anything they want to anyone. And so far they have done just that. How long will that last?
edit on 6/28/2011 by fixer1967 because: spelling

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by lifeissacred
reply to post by KilrathiLG

Or Israel could let them deliver humanitarian aid unhindered so that international opinion would begin to turn in Israel's favour once again?

Indeed

As for this act of sabotage, I'm making no judgements yet but it was definitely someone desperate to ensure that this boat wasn't going to leave for Israel.

So you are making judgements??

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join