It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Seattle police 'embarrassed' by rifle left unattended on cruiser

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Seattle police 'embarrassed' by rifle left unattended on cruiser

seattletimes.nwsource.com

You place an item on top of a car only to remember later — after you or someone else has driven off.

But when the forgetful individual is a Seattle police officer and the item is a semi-automatic rifle, it's more than a little embarrassing. It's also the focus of an internal investigation
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Not sure if i should laugh or cry although i do realize that # happens but this is kinda radical on all fronts. Then again, what would happen if someone simply run off with it, i mean who would in their right mind attempt to stop them and am curious but relieved that it simply did not disappear into the night.

seattletimes.nwsource.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by cerebralassassins

Dam. And I get the 3rd degree if I loose my name badge at work!

That would be an interesting thing to find on the side of the road. Would I keep it, or would I turn it in? I don't even know the answer.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready

Dam. And I get the 3rd degree if I loose my name badge at work!

That would be an interesting thing to find on the side of the road. Would I keep it, or would I turn it in? I don't even know the answer.

I do.

That's a very nice rifle

s&f

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

If I found it on the side of a road, I'd possibly keep it. Possibly change the lower. At a minimum, wait and see if there is a reward posted.

If I saw it driving by and thought I could snatch it, I'd turn it in. The Cop might be forgetful, but I'm sure he'd see you grabbing it. It'd also more than likely make noise while grabbing it. You may make noise as well,

OUCH! My hand!

Mama always said, "Never refuse nothing that's free."
edit on 28-6-2011 by TDawgRex because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 07:55 PM
link   

I'm a Seattleite.... and yes, I would keep it for when the SHTF
Just my 4 cents... due to inflation...

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Looks like fair game to me. I'd take it home, clean it up real nice. And then watch it all play out on the news.

black muslim man steals rifle out of police car - manhunt ensues

edit on 28-6-2011 by My.mind.is.mine because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Just wait until we have all the pro LEO people in the thread we'll be hearing things like...

"The officer just wanted to feel safe, therefor they put the weapon on the trunk."

"The officer was conducting an investigation and gave the rifle a lawful order to "sit, stay and obey" on the car"

"The officer was not at fault here. When seeing a clothing shops CCTV camera in the window the officer immediately ordered the camera to back away from the glass as he felt threatened by camera's actions. When the camera failed to follow the officers order by stating she was in the shops window on the shop's rightful property he placed the rifle on the trunk and proceeded to arrest the criminal camera for failing to follow his "lawful" order. The camera should obviously be to blame as the rifle had to be dropped under official "police business" to make the arrest."

I lose more respect for police everyday.

-Lightrule

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 08:04 PM
link   
i would have taken it, plain and simple. If his keys were left in the ignition, i would have probably taken the car too.

just my two cents

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by sicksonezer0

Thats too funny...

I probably would do the same thing just for shock value...

A trip to jail...probably...but what a nice little bit of testimony a picture like that would be!

Thats why there a cops...bad bad boys...

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by My.mind.is.mine
Looks like fair game to me. I'd take it home, clean it up real nice. And then watch it all play out on the news.

Wow! Today in Tallahassee, I saw 4 SUV's with Homeland Security regalia on them, and they were riding low, like they had some cool modifications to suspension, or possibly bullet-proofing.

If you are a "black muslim man" and they saw you steal a rifle from a police car.
I'm thinking airstrikes in downtown Seattle.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready

Wow! Today in Tallahassee, I saw 4 SUV's with Homeland Security regalia on them, and they were riding low, like they had some cool modifications to suspension, or possibly bullet-proofing.

If you are a "black muslim man" and they saw you steal a rifle from a police car.
I'm thinking airstrikes in downtown Seattle.

LMAO!!!

Funny thing though, I saw like 4 or 5 homeland security vehicles riding around Atlanta today. That makes about 40 in the last week and a half.. I don't love that.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 08:23 PM
link   

lmao thats funny.
I think since no one got hurt and no madmen/women/child ran off with it we should just laugh about and be thankful. Because lets be honest the guy isn't gonna live it down. haha

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Stupid woman left her purse and starbucks on the trunk. What diff does it make in Washington?

Cmon people. That lame *** .223 is pretty much Nothing in a land where people stock .308, 30.06, 8mm, 7.62x54, .50 cal and other such brick wall breakers. That cheap clone impression is an understatement in this state. I feel sorry they have to carry crap instead of real weapons, when the rest of the public has them.

Cut the woman some slack. At least it didnt get stolen.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Years ago I was walking, (no car at the time) and found a police radio on side of the road. I did not think anything about keying the mic and asking did any one lose a police radio. Some one came back and wanted to know who I was and what was I doing on the police band. I told him I found a police radio on the road side. A few minutes later a police car pulled up and I handed over the radio and he gave me a ride onto the store. Now days they would put you in jail just for finding it.

They do that crap in the UK, they call it THIEF BY FINDING. You find something and turn it in and get arrested for finding it. So if you are in the UK and lose something forget getting it back, it is against the law for you to get it back.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 11:45 PM
link   
They must have put something new in the donuts.

Happened here in Salt Lake 2 weeks ago.

The officer had lost the matte black Glock semi-automatic handgun on Wednesday after leaving the weapon on the trunk lid of his car and then driving off.

Source - Cop Drives Off With Loaded Gun On Top Of Car

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 05:56 AM
link   
The article stated that they weren't sure if it was loaded. It looks to me like it has a 30 magazine in it. With the number of nuts out there, let's just be happy that no one decided to verify stop and verify whether or not it was loaded and ready to rock.

Sure, it was human error that caused the thing to be left out in the open, and both officers involved will be investigated, but let's think about the REAL punishment: neither one will EVER stop being ribbed about this incident.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 05:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shadowalker
Stupid woman left her purse and starbucks on the trunk. What diff does it make in Washington?

Cmon people. That lame *** .223 is pretty much Nothing in a land where people stock .308, 30.06, 8mm, 7.62x54, .50 cal and other such brick wall breakers. That cheap clone impression is an understatement in this state. I feel sorry they have to carry crap instead of real weapons, when the rest of the public has them.

Cut the woman some slack. At least it didnt get stolen.

That "lame *** .223" is still an extremely deadly weapon in the wrong hands and, unfortunately, it was free-pickins' for the wrong hands.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 06:05 AM
link   
reply to post by billybobh3

First off .223 is the shizz. Second yes that also had a spare mag pouch on the buttstock and looks like a nice surefire on it too.

I knew a guy once, high speed soldier until

Left his fully stocked M16 in an Iraqi village next to Humvee and drove off, M16 never to be seen again even after day long mission to relocate it the next day. ;-D

Classic. Always joked with my buddies about gluing a rubber M16 to the trunk of our vehicle, in a manner just like this - would have been hilarious.
edit on 29-6-2011 by Sek82 because: hi

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 06:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Sek82

Got a RRA CAR-4 myself in 5.56. I don't think that I'd leave it laying around like that. Too dangerous to do so and, one would think, too large an object to forget and walk away from.

Although, some folk have been known to drive off with child car seats on their cars; sometimes occupied!
edit on 6/29/2011 by billybobh3 because: (no reason given)

<<   2 >>

join