It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ever wish you could fly?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   
It has long been mans dream to fly and we are getting better at it. here is some things you may or may not have seen.

If it wasn't so dangerous I would try this.

I would love to fly this one!

This blew me away first time i seen it.

I would never be late for work again with this one!

If only the fuel in these lasted more than 30 seconds

Personal helicopter anyone?

We are getting closer to affordable personal human flight It would be nice to combine the winged suit with the jet pack.
Why aren't we all flying around yet?Less roads less traffic. Cant wait. I hope someone finds something I haven't.
Soon we all will be flying around like the rocketeer.Take care I hope you enjoyed these.
edit on 28-6-2011 by enament because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-6-2011 by enament because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Man, who doesn't want to be able to fly? You can laugh at gravity, zoom through the air unaided, like Superman or Neo or several thousand species of bird. And, like them, maybe find out what it's like to take a dump in mid-air. What are they going to do, arrest you? Only if the cops have a damned jet.

So how fast are you going up there? Were you assuming you'd get super speed to go along with your flight? OK. Have you seen what a bird can do to a jet engine at high speed? Imagine what it does to your face. Yeah, that's why anything going faster than a hang glider has a windshield up there.
But if instead just you're flying at about the same speed you run, then, well, you're like that old couple that drives 25 on the interstate. The crime will be long over by the time your slow ass gets there.

But let's say you did get some kind of speed boost, and a bird-proof face. Do you know where you're going? Up there in the wild blue yonder, without landmarks, how do you expect to navigate? Do you have an exact map of the entire country in your head? Sure, you can find the Empire State building if that's where the bad guys are, but what if the crime is happening in some house way the # out in the middle of nowhere, amid a tangle of looping country roads?

OK, so you get some kind of radar installed in your head. But now you have the atmosphere to deal with. Wind constantly blowing particles into your eyes and the freezing cold. Granted, you'd have to go up pretty high to get that effect, but you're not going to be a moron and fly where people can see you.

Oh, by the way, you might want to be careful what you wear. Not only is it cold enough to freeze your balls, but lower temperatures mean you're more of a conductor of electricity. It's like when you're walking home on a winter day, come in and shock the # out of whatever you touch. Multiply that by say, a million. If you're wearing anything like wool--though we don't know what the Hell kind of superhero would wear wool anyway--you're going to be a human capacitor. If you happen to be a supervillain, we suggest working on your Palpatine voice so you can make one Hell of an entrance when you land.

Read more: 7 Awesome Super Powers (Ruined by Science) | Cracked.com www.cracked.com...

well i did....until i read that

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   
The wasp looks like a darlek

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   
I wish I could (and I recurrently dream I can) fly.

I get my thrust from the inside, I (or we, because often everybody can fly in my dreams) go propelled by force and have to ride more or less like swimming.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by sabbathcrazy

I thought the same thing.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by AboveTheTrees

I get my thrust from inside too just ask my girlfriend. lol glad you enjoyed this.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   
I've never wanted to fly (and have only been on airplanes twice in my life, that was plenty)

Though once upon a time I saw an episode of Twilight Zone - where this woman finds a cool necklace while digging in the garden and from then on everytime she said Shut Up, time would stop

I can think of tons of uses for that special power

The ending was nice and creepy for me at that age

After watching it, its not the one i remember - first, the one I remember was in black and white

but most of the facts are the same
edit on 28-6-2011 by Forevever because: I rewatched it

new topics

top topics

join