It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

COINTELPRO: Mind control and Conspiracy Forums like ATS

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by schuyler
And that's what happens every time the weekly "Disinfo agent" thread starts up again.
(snip)
In fact, the "disinfo agent" argument and accusation is a disingenuous one.

You keep - disingenuously - throwing up that old straw man.

This is not a thread arguing that someone is a disinfo agent so they are wrong. This thread is one arguing that intelligence operate on sites like this and for more than just observing us. I have provided evidence that intelligence strategists have planned to and operate on the web - probably on sites like ATS.

Blogs and Military Information Strategy by James B. Kinniburgh, Major, USAF, and Dr. Dorothy E. Denning

MILITARY DECEPTION OPERATIONS IN THE UNITED STATES AIR FORCE by William R. Cunningham, Lieutenant Colonel, USMC

CYBERSPACE AND THE NEW AGE OF INFLUENCE BY MAJOR LELAND BOHANNON

Influence Operations and the Internet: A 21st Century Issue Legal, Doctrinal and Policy Challenges in the Cyber World Rebecca A. Keller, Lt Col, USAF

Finally there is this conclusion made by the author of this article on a formerly secret now declassified document. There is a link to the document in the article.

Conclusion
Does the Pentagon define any real limits to information warfare? Information operations can be used on both domestic and foreign audiences, in non-permissive or semi-permissive environments, on adversary and non-adversary, during peace, crisis and war, and in denied areas. Should we really expect anything less? They did tell us that their goal was full spectrum dominance. (emphasis mine)
Information Operatiions Roadmap by Brent Jessop

Guardian: Revealed: US spy operation that manipulates social media

Originally posted by theHairInTheSoup
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/05a268919fb4.jpg[/atsimg]

www.usaspending.gov...

Yes the air force is spending millions of your public money to buy those persona management software. imo, it is only the tip of the iceberg. If airforce is doing it all the departments and agencies of all armies & intel services in the west are doing it as well on black/secret budget (estimations are $200 millions for USA only but that's speculation)

To illustrate briefly what are persona management online services :

This is an excerpt from one of the Word Documents, which was sent as an attachment by Aaron Barr, CEO of HBGary's Federal subsidiary, to several of his colleagues to present to clients:

To build this capability we will create a set of personas on twitter,‭ ‬blogs,‭ ‬forums,‭ ‬buzz,‭ ‬and myspace under created names that fit the profile‭ (‬satellitejockey,‭ ‬hack3rman,‭ ‬etc‭)‬.‭ ‬These accounts are maintained and updated automatically through RSS feeds,‭ ‬retweets,‭ ‬and linking together social media commenting between platforms.‭ ‬With a pool of these accounts to choose from,‭ ‬once you have a real name persona you create a Facebook and LinkedIn account using the given name,‭ ‬lock those accounts down and link these accounts to a selected‭ ‬#‭ ‬of previously created social media accounts,‭ ‬automatically pre-aging the real accounts.

UPDATED: The HB Gary Email That Should Concern Us All
SOURCE: Army, CIA, corporations, propaganda & Internet sock puppets : facts, tactics & fight back

edit on 3/7/11 by Pimander because: To add source

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pimander

Originally posted by schuyler
And that's what happens every time the weekly "Disinfo agent" thread starts up again.
(snip)
In fact, the "disinfo agent" argument and accusation is a disingenuous one.

You keep - disingenuously - throwing up that old straw man.

Oh, nonsense. If anyone has contributed to this thread, it is me. I've given you step-by-step and chapter & verse of how monitoring works. It's your straw man, not mine. Every week someone comes up with a "There are disinfo agents on ATS." It's become predictable. Throwing up links to such threads is less than useless. It just shows the paranoid mindset prevalent on ATS. Yet there is no definitive evidence that such takes place. As many have stated, to accomplish such is extremely expensive and totally unnecessary since ATS minions are so capable of spreading nonsense themselves. DARPA contracts do not prove your point.

Do you even know what DARPA does, really? DARPA, in reality, is a small office of about 100 guys who think up weird stuff in hopes something will work like, you know, the Internet, for example. That they let a contract doesn't mean they got anything out of it. I would think pursuing that angle would be worthwhile, but it must be pursued, not simply used to speculate. It's at the same level as if you discovered I once applied for law school and was accepted. But that doesn't prove I am a lawyer.

Hopefully some people here have learned something by what I have provided in the way of information. If they still prefer to cling to the idea that "chemtrails are real!" )Just a metaphor for the many crazy, idiotic things that appear on ATS), then feel free. What this really means is that you will continue to wallow in the morass of idiocy prevailing this site and helping to make sure it remains discredited. All that means is that you will not move forward, not gain any enlightenment, not understand reality any better, and waste a lot of time doing so.

As for entertainment value? Priceless. Every bit as good as Judge Judy.

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by schuyler

I'm not trying to devalue your whole contribution. I'm just sick of folks rolling out a line about how foolish it is accusing a member of being a disinfo agent when it hasn't happened. Its starting to get silly.

I don't buy that they purchased a contract to use online persona management services but there's no reason to be suspicious. The only reason to purchase that is because they want to create a fake online presence. That's the only explanation that makes sense to me.

I completely agree that there is lots of paranoia surrounding this issue. It is a conspiracy site and in particular, alphabet agencies are bound to generate a lot of paranoia as a result of the secrecy surrounding operations. That's inevitable.

I bet you've all been messaging each other behind my back....

I know you have been saying I'm paranoid too. Well it doesn't mean they aren't out to get me.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 01:31 AM
link   
You know what`s even more ridiculous? People who still believe everything around them, their daily lives, the Universe, Past Lives and Future, The Stars and the Planets and Religion also, to be counted as something other than Maya. All this place is, is an illusion, not to be taken as anything but.... as demented as it is. I am glad it's not real, for it will simply dissipate upon my death. And i along with those who follow death, will see it no more.

Originally posted by Pimander
reply to post by schuyler

I'm not trying to devalue your whole contribution. I'm just sick of folks rolling out a line about how foolish it is accusing a member of being a disinfo agent when it hasn't happened. Its starting to get silly.

I don't buy that they purchased a contract to use online persona management services but there's no reason to be suspicious. The only reason to purchase that is because they want to create a fake online presence. That's the only explanation that makes sense to me.

I completely agree that there is lots of paranoia surrounding this issue. It is a conspiracy site and in particular, alphabet agencies are bound to generate a lot of paranoia as a result of the secrecy surrounding operations. That's inevitable.

I bet you've all been messaging each other behind my back....

I know you have been saying I'm paranoid too. Well it doesn't mean they aren't out to get me.

edit on 6-7-2011 by awareness10 because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-7-2011 by awareness10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 08:43 AM
link   
*SNIP*

Please elaborate?
I am curious.

Peace,
Marriah
edit on 7/6/2011 by Mirthful Me because: Removed Actioned Quote.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by marriah3330

Originally posted by Isaacland
It's when we remember strange behaviors like last month weird events with the former #1 ATS member, that we are tended to believe that it could be possible...

Please elaborate?
I am curious.

Peace,
Marriah

ProtoplasmicTraveler was the former no. 1 member of ATS. He created a thread in which he claimed that a fellow ATS member lured him out of his home. He claimed while he was out, a break in at his home occurred. According to Proto someone tampered with his computer.

The thread which lead to his banning has been removed by the ATS staff.

Here is his version of the whole episode:
www.protoplasmictraveler.net...
Here is another discussion about the banning:
www.tasite.net...

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 10:20 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Confession time: I was a tiny bit naughty with the title of this thread.

I worded it the way I did to attract attention. In fact the OP does not imply that ATS is a CoIntelPro operation at all. It does suggest intelligence activity on forums like ATS though so it isn't too misleading.

However I do feel a little guilty. I have a feeling the thread title may have fanned the flames of several members suspicion that ATS is CoIntelPro. If I have caused the owners, admin or moderators any problems then I wholeheartedly apologise. I'm not sure how much encouragement they needed to be honest, I just hope you don't all blame me.

As I say, I do love the site. What a great way to explore ideas that I can't in my daily life.

Sorry.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Klassified
reply to post by autowrench

I have no problem believing that. Sites like this are as good as any poll. And we often cast our ballot by the posts we make. I'm sure they get their fair share of chuckles from us. But I'll bet they get the occasional surprise too.

Me too. the same man also told me they read those scandal sheet newspapers too, National Enquirer, Weekly World News, and so on. He refused to say what the teams looked for, or he didn't know. What could they be looking for by reading all of this information on a daily basis?

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 08:06 AM
link   
Good question.

Remember Tommy Lee Jones in MIB? He always checked the tabloids too.

What an interesting way to pass on information to parties that would understand what they were reading. Hide it in plain sight, in a publication that most people wouldn't want to be caught dead with.

edit on 7/22/2011 by Klassified because: (no reason given)

edit on 7/22/2011 by Klassified because: correction and clarity

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by johncarter

If I were a radical somebody sending coded messages I would not use a conspiracy website, that's daft. I'd use GardenWeb or some other generic and benign site.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Pilot

If you want to communicate and think you are being monitored there are other considerations. If you are being monitored (phone taps, email, post) then the chances are you may have been profiled and "they" know something about you and what types of website you might use. In fact they probably know every website you have visited in the last year. Why does that matter?

If you are going to communicate through a website the site needs to match up with what is likely to come up in your profile. If you are religious then spiritual site, an astronomer an astr.... You get the idea. It gives the NSA or whoever a headache.

P.S. Only if you are being monitored you for real of course. If you are an active Communist or Islamist then you are.

edit on 20/9/11 by Pimander because: typo

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Pimander

Should we all stop using these forums. That is a matter of personal preference. My opinion is that despite the obvious fact that they are used for disinformation and manipulation, they can still be a positive force.

No, absolutely not. There are many of us that are fully awake, and quite concious of COINTELPRO tactics in use in this forum. A few cases in point here where these tactic are rampant:

Why can't water be used as fuel

This thread was obviously created because of things like this:

Turn Your Car/Truck Into a HHO/Gas Hybrid

Big Oil is a most powerful lobby, and many, many people are converting their vehicles to hybrids with simple tools, locally obtained parts, and a little know how, but there are those who will do anything to prove this will not work, no way, no how, and will post a lot of math equations and science and will even say that by doing this you violate the laws of physics. Read through the threads, you will see my point. I live in a very small town, and there are four of us running these things now, and getting fantastic mileage, and Big Oil does not like it when people like me post about it in the world's largest conspiracy forum.

Here is another example of this behaviour:

Whats with these arrogant people who think aliens are demons?

How many times do we have to explain the difference, and explain the origins of demons? We have done it many times, and still we get this is each and every ET thread, "all aliens are demons." Again and again, over and over again. You cannot convince me that there are not people getting paid to quell anything about ET/Aliens in these forums, but using tired and worn out labels?

One more that really got to me:

The Confederate Flag: A Disturbing Trend?

The OP was trying to say that the flag stands for rebellion from the status quo, a thing I am all about, if you have read me you know this. I know there are many in here that feel this way, we have had enough, and that is that. One member, or agent, even had the nerve to say this:

Flying the Confederate Flag should be considered exactly the same as holding a poster that says, I AM AL QAEDA AND I LOVE OSAMA BIN LADEN.

Lots of information like that contained in this thread would find a far smaller audience without them. Surely that is a good thing. We may not be able to do a great deal to stop COINTELPRO tactics from being employed on our beloved forums. However, "To be forewarned, is to be forearmed." So stop kidding yourselves that this isn't happening and educate yourselves.

No, we cannot stop this, although I would love to see it go away, it is not going anywhere. We are under a concerted attack of the psychological kind, and there are those who would dumb us all down instead of allowing education to proceed. There is a war going on, a war for control of our minds. Whether you like it or not, it is a reality people. I say this:

Pay No Attention to these Minions!
Post your story, say what is on your mind. You will find there are those on YOUR side. We all know the "A" ((CIA/NSA/DEA) teams are in here, let's show them what we thing. Together, we are a power to be reckoned with.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

Try talking about how dirty and downright dangerous nuclear fuel is on ATS. They turn up like magic to tell you how clean and safe it is? Poisonous waste that lasts thousands of years is clean? Reactors and Earthquakes mix safely? OK, some real people might believe that. But not the majority of ATSers.

I agree. Some topics just run too much in favour of certain powerful interest groups.

The aliens one is more complicated but at the end of the day there is a lot of venom thrown at anyone in the field who lives by this maxim and draws the right conclusion.

"How often have I said to you that when you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth?" Sherlock Holmes

P.S. Where you edited my post makes it look like I may encouraging people to stop using the forum. I was suggesting that it is useful.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 01:29 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 02:05 AM
link   
Any further posts here or anywhere on ATS attacking another member and the poster will lose their account privileges

I hope this is clear enough

Semper

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by autowrench
Turn Your Car/Truck Into a HHO/Gas Hybrid

Big Oil is a most powerful lobby, and many, many people are converting their vehicles to hybrids with simple tools, locally obtained parts, and a little know how, but there are those who will do anything to prove this will not work, no way, no how, and will post a lot of math equations and science and will even say that by doing this you violate the laws of physics. Read through the threads, you will see my point. I live in a very small town, and there are four of us running these things now, and getting fantastic mileage, and Big Oil does not like it when people like me post about it in the world's largest conspiracy forum.
These experts are full of excrement.

Someone right near me has a hydrogen generator running in the back of his car. Unfortunately it is illegal here in the UK but it works. The big oil companies will stop at NOTHING to keep these technologies suppressed. What's needed is politicians with the back-bone to do something about it and make some laws forcing car companies to produce non-gas cars and forcing power companies to use alternative fuels to fossil and nuclear.

Sounds simple but that type of politics is a dangerous business...

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 05:32 AM
link   
Even if they are not paying you, you are still working to the end of their agenda ad it is not truth. Wish you could see it.

Originally posted by xavi1000
I didn't see or feel any kind of form of mind control while i' was lurker and now member on ATS.About cointelpro disinfo agents ..maybe they are here but they helping this site and me for adding objectivity on topics..sometimes a lie and disinfo can help the path for truth.

P.S If goverment are reading this and they have a need of payed disinfo agents on forums ... i'm wiling to work for them for paycheck ..i dont have a job at the moment.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join