It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kevin Trudeau was Right: Many Sunscreens May Be Accelerating Cancer [LINK]

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Ya so Kevin Trudeau is definitely a scammer and a snake oil salesman, (sarcasm!!)

he claimed years ago that sunscreen caused cancer and hardly anyone believed him,

years ago when i told people this they laughed at me, in fact my first thread here on ATS was about kevin trudeau and about sunscreen causing cancer and I remember how much flak I got for that claim

Here is the evidence - www.aolnews.com...

and here is what he has to say on his show which goes into more detail - www.ktradionetwork.com...

im not saying he is the first one to say it, all I'm saying is that this has to give him more credibility and i hope people will think twice before using sunscreen again!!!

edit on 28-6-2011 by tankthinker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 09:39 AM
link   
It wouldn't surprise me - I remember some years back in Australia the "Slip Slop Slap" campaign ingrained the use of sunscreen into an entire population's psyche.

This is going back 20 or more years, yet we are still seeing Australia as having one of the highest incidence of skin cancer in the world.

www.zimbio.com...

It is now believed that the reason why skin cancer rates have continued to rise is because of sunscreen. Many sunscreens speed up the development of skin cancer. The main reasons for this is because of vitamin A (retinyl palmitate), oxybenzone, misleading SPF and unbalanced SPF. Vitamin A is added to sunscreen in the form of retinyl palmitate. The problem with this is that when vitamin A is exposed to sunlight it has a toxic reaction that causes skin cancers to develop. Vitamin A is added to the sunscreen because it is known to reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. Vitamin A is also added to night time moisturisers but the reason why these products are only to be used at night is because it goes carcinogenic when exposed to sunlight.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by tankthinker

Gee thanks. Now I have to go read 600 pages of scientific technical literature. :-(

Just kidding. This is interesting stuff. Thank you for posting it. I am going to spend some time investigating the scientific research performed by this Environmental Working Group. www.ewg.org...

They appear to be a lobbying organization for certain manufacturers ( www.ewg.org... ), but that doesn't necessarily mean their scientific research is invalid.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 09:40 AM
link   
A few years ago doctors in Australia began reporting that Australian women and kids were facing an increased risk of brittle bones, cancers, high blood pressure, arthritis and immune deficiencies to name a few, because they aren't getting enough vitamin d from the sun.
www.abc.net.au...

There has been a massive campaign in Australia for years telling parents to cover their kids up from the sun and to always wear sunscreen. Now it seems, doctors are prescribing at least a few minutes in the sun each day.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Not really sure how this could even be up for a debate. I've known this for years.

You don't need studies wasting time, funding, and supposedly bright minds focus on nonsense.

Look at the sunscreen bottles. Look at the list of ingredients.

Common sense tells me that having multiple synthetic chemicals mixed together and applying this concoction to my skin while attempting to bake in the sun is a big NO-NO!!

Some people still use microwaves and even more so with plastic/styrofoam containers

Pure madness out there...

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 09:47 AM
link   
I am not surprised to read in this article that all the FDA wants to do is deny, deny, deny. We can't find any test results...
I choose to not believe what this organization spews.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Its all full of petro-chemicals, sun light energises and helps the body stay healthy,

But like anything, keep it in me=oderation, drink lots of flouride/aspartame free liquids and cover up when you feel like your burning,

Find me a government that actually has it's peoples interests at heart!

Great post, thank you

:-)

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 09:56 AM
link   
OK,so say this is true and not fear mongering...what are some safe and effective alternatives sunscreen? I don't want my kids (or myself) to get cancer or sun burned, what's person to do? Never go out in the sun?

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by RedParrotHead

We don't need any chemicals to protect us. We belong here on earth IMO. So none of the natural things we encounter are dangerous. Check out a documentary called Food Matters. Excellent info on cancer and the cause of it. A sunburn is a stepping stone to resisting the effects. You get darker and darker and can handle more.
edit on 28-6-2011 by type0civ because: Added link

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by RedParrotHead
OK,so say this is true and not fear mongering...what are some safe and effective alternatives sunscreen? I don't want my kids (or myself) to get cancer or sun burned, what's person to do? Never go out in the sun?

nothing is ever fear mongering, it just may appear that way from a certain perspective, to me this is liberating, think about it:

- the "experts" dont know why cancer rates are increasing or how to cure it
- we have been using sunscreen thinking we were protected for years
- now we have evidence that the thing that is protecting us is actually causing the disease
- now we can more properly protect ourselves by not using it

As or your other question im not sure as i am not a doctor and i have never used sunscreen because i am pretty tan skinned and have never needed it (i do get the rare burn but whatever) but do some research im sure you can find a healthy alternative, but il see what i can find as well

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by kushin

sun light energises and helps the body stay healthy

When i'm feeling ill and feverish, i go out into the sunlight for a while and BAM! Not a cure but definately recharged.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Does anyone remember when this anti sun campaign got its start?

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 10:26 AM
link   

what are some safe and effective alternatives sunscreen? I don't want my kids (or myself) to get cancer or sun burned, what's person to do? Never go out in the sun?

ok from my research you should look for all natural/organic product lines and a sunscreen which contains the minerals Zinc Oxide or Titanium Dioxide, to ensure a physical block.

Disclaimer: i am not a medical doctor or licensed in any way to practice medicine, the above statement is merely my opinion.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Thanks for the heads-up tankthinker.

Talking about sunscreen....why does this song always pop up?

If I could offer you only one tip for the future, sunscreen would be it. The long term benefits of sunscreen have been proved by scientists

But trust me on the sunscreen…

Yeah, we'll do that. Thanks a bunch Baz.....

Peace

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by RedParrotHead

products.mercola.com...

There are many simple lifestyle changes you can make to radically decrease your risk of sunburn, such as choosing your essential fatty acids wisely, increasing raw vegetables loaded with skin protecting antioxidant phytonutrients, and avoiding processed foods and sugars.

I've heard that the lycopene in tomato sauces helps with limiting sunburn. Eat things with tomato paste or sauce often. A person's diet makes a huge difference with everything we do.

Even though he is selling his product, he also tells you what to look for, what to avoid, and the ingredients that work in good ways.

Last year, we had so many mosquitoes that when I went out to mow the lawn, I put on a mixture of NEEM oil and Aloe Vera. It kept the mosquitoes away, and the Aloe probably helped with the sun. I didn't burn at all, even in the noon sun, which is when the mosquitoes are down.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   
I have become concerned about sunscreen since they started using nano partials as these can pass through the cell walls and interfere with the usual cell processes. This is the first I have heard about general problems with it in relation to cancer. I know sunscreen can make a big difference in not getting burnt while out in the sun, but so can a good hat and shirt.

Skin cancer in general is a big problem and on the increase while the Ozone layer is gradually getting destroyed, one reason for the increase caner rates in Australia as the Ozone hole is larger in the southern hemisphere around the pole for some reason.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   
It depends on the sunscreen. If you bothered to read the article it is sunscreens which contain vitamin A which are problematic.

"In that yearlong study, tumors and lesions developed up to 21 percent faster in lab animals coated in a vitamin A-laced cream than animals treated with a vitamin-free cream," the report said.

www.aolnews.com...

You can see how EWG ranks various sunscreens here:
breakingnews.ewg.org...

The FDA has issued new regulations. Perhaps that's why Kevin jumped on the bandwagon.
www.fda.gov...
edit on 6/28/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by tankthinker

what are some safe and effective alternatives sunscreen? I don't want my kids (or myself) to get cancer or sun burned, what's person to do? Never go out in the sun?

ok from my research you should look for all natural/organic product lines and a sunscreen which contains the minerals Zinc Oxide or Titanium Dioxide, to ensure a physical block.

Disclaimer: i am not a medical doctor or licensed in any way to practice medicine, the above statement is merely my opinion.

Yep. You can get mineral sunblocks which sit on top of the skin and reflect the sunlight, they are not absorbed.

I have noticed recently in the UK that some manufacturers are not making these anymore and you have to look a lot harder and pay more to get theses sunblocks from 'green' or organic skin care type places.

edit on 28-6-2011 by DrHammondStoat because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   
I have never been comfortable with pouring a witch's brew of chemicals on my skin to prevent if from doing what God or Mother Nature intended it to do. The best sun screen is a tan.

It may be anecdotal evidence, but the only members of my family who have had skin cancer, were avid sunscreen users. My Mom, who has never used sunscreen and manages to turn her fair complexion to a tawny brown every summer is approaching her 70's in perfect health (well, a little arthritis). Her sister who won't go outside even in the winter without an SPF 50 has osteoporosis, IBS and you guessed it, 3 bouts of skin cancer. She also has arthritis, the same type as my mom, but my mom says getting outside and being active in the sun has helped keep hers at bay.

I have maybe used sunscreen 1/2 dozen times in my life and I have never used it on my 4 year old daughter at all. We are careful in the sun, avoid it at the most dangerous times or wear hats. If it is getting too hot at the park, we take a break from the playground and sit in the shade.

Common sense needs to prevail. We were meant to sit under trees, our bodies give us warning when we should get out of the sun. Sunscreen messes up our systems in more ways than one.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   
I never could figure out why sun screens will block out the rays that cause your skin to burn.

But, do nothing to block the rays that penetrate the skin and cause cancer.

If you don't burn, you can stay out in the sun and get a larger dose of the rays that cause skin cancer.

This way the sun screen makers sell more product; the doctors get more patients; the pharma companies, who make the sun screen, can now sell you medication to treat the cancer.

I can't help but wonder why the RICO laws don't cover this kind of racket.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join