It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Outspoken Conservative Chairman found dead in Glastonbury festival toilet.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 06:31 AM
link   
www.dailymail.co.uk...

David Cameron's constituency chairman was found dead in a portable toilet in the VIP area at Glastonbury today.
Christopher Shale, chairman of the West Oxfordshire Conservative Association, was discovered dead by police at around 9am today.
Sources said it is believed he died from a heart attack - although his cause of death is yet to be confirmed.

And this is just days after he spoke about the conservatives, admitting that there was 'no reason not to join or vote for the conservatives'

'There's no reason to join the Tories. We've come over as voracious, crass, always on the take' - Who says so? Dave's own constituency chairman

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk... man.html#ixzz1QNfoBZH3

Coincidence? Or something much more sinister?

(Incidentally - I thought Glastonbury festival was everything the conservatives hated?)

Thoughts?

edit on 26-6-2011 by mr-lizard because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 06:39 AM
link   
Another bloody heart attack
somehow all the people with a few gray cells seem to be popping off via heart attacks
im not naming names
i value my heart

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 07:50 AM
link   
Just one less person stealing from the taxpayer

2nd line.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 07:54 AM
link   
This is strange - they are now saying it could be suicide......

ODD!

www.guardian.co.uk...

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 07:58 AM
link   
Just read the article and they say he died of a heart attack. Now i reckon a heart attack at a festival by anyone other than a politician would be put down to excessive drug use. will be interesting to find out what caused the heart attack. I have read somewhere It is possible to have a heart attack whilst trying to force one out.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by vesta

ODD!

www.guardian.co.uk...

The causes of Shale's death are unknown, but Glastonbury festival organiser Michael Eavis told a press conference on site this afternoon that a "senior Tory party member" had died. "We're told it is a suicide situation," Eavis said. "It is very, very sad."

hmmmm

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 09:38 AM
link   
I'm going with drugs.

Dying in a toilet at a music festival.. I think we've all been there done that.
Am I right?

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

that is possible. maybe they said "heart attack" or "suicide" to hide the fact it was drug related, and further hurt the party. but who knows? i wonder if he was working on anything important, or his own party got fed up after his speech.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by vesta

ODD!

www.guardian.co.uk...

Aye, I just saw that

Mystery deepens.

www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk...:

Edit: I can understand the drug suggestion. I guess we should not speculate until more info is known.
edit on 26-6-2011 by Essan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bob Sholtz
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

that is possible. maybe they said "heart attack" or "suicide" to hide the fact it was drug related, and further hurt the party. but who knows? i wonder if he was working on anything important, or his own party got fed up after his speech.

was this guy suicided?

So people have gotten to the point they just kill off their competition altogether.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   
But surely a conservative isn't going to involve himself in any form of drug binge?

That's almost a certain - that's everything they hate about the left right? Music, drugs, mud, fun?

Either this is just a coincidence, or something sinister has gone down?

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Everything they hated? Its not a hippie fest anymore, but a huge capitalist venture! I bet it brings in insane amounts of tax and they love it whilst claiming to be into the 'hip' new artists of today!

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

Are you joking? They have had members in rehab this year already!!!

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   

drugs don't discriminate between party lines, or any kind of lines for that matter. natural deaths DO happen to political figures, however rarely.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Essan

Error 404 on the belfast telegraph link...hmmmm

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   
They said in the Gaurdian that there were teams looking for him all night, and yet noone checked the toilets at the 'posh' enclosure?! Think I can smell those toilets from here

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by celticpride

Aye, they moved it. try this

www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk...

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Essan

ty Essan

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by clintdelicious
Everything they hated? Its not a hippie fest anymore, but a huge capitalist venture! I bet it brings in insane amounts of tax and they love it whilst claiming to be into the 'hip' new artists of today!

Only certain parts of the festival are involved with the more obvious capitalistic elements, many of the organisers are unpaid volunteers and veer away from the dance tents, carlsberg venues and such and stay within the green fields, stone circle, craft areas, theatre area (lost vegas - run by travellers!)

Don't believe the hype not all of Glastonbury festival is a corporate event.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bob Sholtz

drugs don't discriminate between party lines, or any kind of lines for that matter. natural deaths DO happen to political figures, however rarely.

Indeed and i'm the first to ask if this is a coincidence, and yes I was being a bit light hearted in my comments about the right vs left, but in this day and age you gotta ask.

Plus, if i didn't make this thread, someone else would have.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join