It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hidden Hand's message sounds a lot like The Adjustment Bureau!!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Ok so i dont want to spoil the movie for anyone who hasnt watched it (at least not in the first post),

therefore im going to be vague

I just finished watching the adjustment bureau and the whole thing right up until the end had quite a few similarites to the things that Hidden Hand said

The mindset to have when considering this:

- I am a big believer in the Law of Attraction just because I see it working everyday in my life personally and i seriously dont give a if you do or dont because im having fun and achieving my goals and thats all that matters

- I believe 100% that many Hollywood movies are either totally about or at least have reference to concepts and principles of the Law of Attraction (even if it is in more cryptic ways sometimes) and that they hide certain truths for some reason, which is debatable why

- I dont completely believe Hidden Hands message and im not trying to imply anything by bringing this out, i just cant ignore the similarities that i see and i think it would be interesting to hear some input

The biggest similarity i noticed is how we are all playing a part in the game of life which is sort of set out for us, and how hidden hand says that him and his crew of elitists (or whoever they are) attempt to influence things behind the scenes to create a desired effect (negative polarity) or to fulfill the plan based on the movie

so please tell me your thoughts of what this similarity may mean!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bonus features of movie (may have spoiler):

- He climbs a spiral stair case with the view looking down from the top (just like in other bending reality based films such as The Matrix)

- He is told an important truth on a roof top (just like in The Matrix, The Game and Vanilla Sky)

- The number 17 comes up repeatedly (i have no idea why
)

There was more but i cant remember it all right now

so tell me what you think!!!

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 11:11 PM
link   
I was blown away by the movie and it was honestly kinda spooky.

So what I got from it:

1. There was the free will issue. That no matter what you choose to do, it was already pre-arranged for you. So how it relates to real life is pretty much how it was in the movie. I have control what I eat & drink but the real aspects of my life, I don't.

2. The opening of doors by the "devine" beings, to go where they wanted to, when they wanted to. Was I think self explanatory. If you hold they key in this case a hat, you can go anywhere. Question is how do we get one?

3. Was the destiny aspect of the film. This I truly enjoyed because what it is saying is that no matter who is controlling your life "behind" the scenes, can't stop destiny from happening.

4. Was how love is such a powerful tool and what it can conquer. True love as with those two, can't be broken, and again this goes back to destiny. I like it to soul mates. Imagine the universe before the big bang and wrapped up in this unimaginable ball of energy, are an inifinite amount of matter, connected to one another. Then bang it explodes and scatters about into what we know now as the universe. By chance two energies, that once were connected, find their way back to each other and hence the term soul mates. When these two energies combine once again, it will be challenging, to seperate them again.

5. The end of the movie was most moving to me. After the powers that be tried to rewrite their destiny, over and over, but couldn't succeed. They finally realize that some things can't be controlled and are meant to happen.

Also, at the end you realize that there is one entity behind the controls. Question is who? God? Anyway good movie and I hope I made some sense.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 12:02 AM
link   
If you love this movie. I would recomend "Dark City" It seems that the idea for the AB was from this old film. But nevertheless both are good movies to watch. And Dark City is one fun and mind blowing film.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 12:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by awakenone
If you love this movie. I would recomend "Dark City" It seems that the idea for the AB was from this old film. But nevertheless both are good movies to watch. And Dark City is one fun and mind blowing film.

Cool thx! Will check it out.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   
This movie, "The Adjustment Bureau", is mind blowing!

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Well if you think about it we ARE in control of everything around us. Movies add too much to the concept that each individual is basically a god in his/her own right, taking away from the actual message. I have grown past the oohing and ahhing of CGI and actually listen to the messages in movies. Musicians and comedians have been doing their part as well, but only a select few hear the truth behind the laughter. Or explosions. Or outraegous guitar riffs or hypnotic beats. The reason the pen is mightier than the sword is there is power in words, either written or spoken. And the reason for that, that is how we communicate and share knowledge and learn and grow spiritually. TPTB do their best to keep us blind and lead us astray, but there is a different wind blowing and with every passing day more people wake up. That is why you guys are here, even the ones who scoff, you all have a part to play. ATS is more than a Conspiracy Website. It is a source of knowledge, among BS I know, and knowledge is power.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   
The Adjustment B. was not taken from Dark City - as a previous user suggested.

If anything Dark City was a knock off idea from the origional Adjustment Team short story:

www.sail-inn.gr...

The Adjustment B. was a movie based upon The adjustment Team, story.

Read it for free at the above link - it's really good.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 08:22 AM
link   
They seem to relate to themselves as "the CARE" (like those, who care for your well being).

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 08:43 AM
link   
reply to post by chrismicha77

Great post man!

I just finished watching and my thoughts are similar to you're.
When it ended i seen it as a love story but i couldn't help but think of the free will aspect and how we give in too easily and should fight for what you believe in this case love was the force.

But after talking about it with my friend he told me i missed some interesting things.So i will be watching it again no doubt.

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 06:01 PM
link   
a reply to: tankthinker

The number 17 comes up repeatedly (i have no idea why )

Just happened to do an ATS search on the #17, and saw this thread come up; i’ve Never seen or heard of this movie before ever.

So being there’s a significant amount of info in there including the #17, definitely going to watch it.

new topics

top topics

join