It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nine Documents From The Last 89 Years You Should Be Aware Of

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by vexati0n

You are the most intellectually bankrupt twit posting here. With your gibberish you must be tapping away in your parents basement. You clearly have never even tried, so your failure of a life is squarely on your shoulders. But I know not in your fantasy land right, it's always someone else s fault.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by rstregooski

rstregooski, Great post. Other than the typical NWO=cool and freedom=evil crowd there has been some great dialog. I agree, your thread is one of if not the best thread that has ever been posted. Thank you for raising the ATS bar.

edit on 15-7-2011 by cjdny because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by UniqueUsername23456

The creep of Fascism has already happened in the US. What I see is the fighting between the extremes on who gets the pot of gold. They have been building up to this for a very very long time. The people of the world are too short sighted to defend against a group who thinks into the distant future. Curable? It certainly is, but there would be serious decisions to be made. Like who stays and who goes. If someone wants a form of government other than what the US offers, and the vast majority supports. It's time for them to pack it up and go. Either willingly or unwillingly it makes no difference to me. I don't see the need to litter the world with our trash. Not until the people stand up and eject them will anything change.

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Johnze
Im all for a gene rodenberry star trek utopia to be honest. Its basicaly the way societys evolve, quicker people realise that the better, otherwise we'll still be clinging to these petty nationalistic ideals and looking for rooskies under our beds.

I'm not for nationalism, but understand what "Utopia" means.

utopia Look up utopia at Dictionary.com 1550s, from Mod.L. Utopia, lit. "nowhere," coined by Thomas More (and used as title of his book, 1516, about an imaginary island enjoying perfect legal, social, and political systems), from Gk. ou "not" + topos "place." Extended to "any perfect place," 1610s.

Nowhere will you find "utopia", literally. Life is diversity and that's what makes it fun in my opinion.

Peace

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by gentledissident
reply to post by Heckren

That is my dilemma. While I'm all for what you are referring to, it seems the people who are making it happen only have their wealth in mind. The only people who can make it happen are we the people of The Planet Earth.

Yes, because people should work for free, lol!

Freeing humanity from wars, and saving the species from self destruction isn't worth a chunk of it's wealth...

You guys are insane.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 01:09 AM
link   
reply to post by cjdny

The efforts of the power mongers to control everyone has been going on since the dawn of civilization.

But their recent attempt began most squarely in the seventies under Nixon, and got into full swing under Reagan with the whole scam of the free market.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 05:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cobra.EXE
personally i think these documents should be printed out and placed on every doorstep in america. the time is now,

Yeah, but unless there's a catchline like 'Full HD 60" PLASMA TV only $150!!!' printed above them, do you think that most people would read them?

The NWO machine trundles onwards and forwards.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 07:48 AM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

The 70's are a little fuzzy I was under 10 years old. What are the markers that you see. I haven't spent very much looking at that era on this subject. I am looking at base load energy production from the early 50's to the mid 80's right now. If I can get people to listen to what I have found it will get at least one of their hands off us. It would also help the whole war for oil thing out. Oops, two things could be reversed.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Quite a compendium of information there...

... the "techniques" described of how to "take over" America -- have been used in other nations and they work. It also looks as if America is going through these "threats" as well.

But I would urge you to NOT worry so much about the "alleged" attacks from some Communist Left -- nor any documents from the "John Birch Society" -- when we are under siege and in the GRIP OF the Fascist Right at this very moment. The "struggle," if there is one, is with the American Middle class twitching and tossing in their fevered sleep as the "American Dream" turns into a nightmare.

ONE WORLD GOVERNMENT -- may be the future. It may be unavoidable -- but what is important, is HOW we get there and WHO calls the shots. When I look at the John Birch Society -- they might as well all be in top hats. The LOW Taxes preceded an economic collapse and the ONLY way out was FDR's revolution.

>> How the heck can you even have a capitalist society if only the rich have money? They have no use for the teeming masses (that includes you) and no incentive to bother to sell you any product. That's what is happening right now. IN any closed system, if the rate of flow is more to one side than the other -- eventually you run out of liquid in one container and you pump air. And of course -- there is progress and our economy can grow -- but there are limits. Every GREAT PROGRESS in capitalism, required either a huge destruction or 100-fold increase in energy. The Black Plague ended the Dark Ages and forced about the Renaissance, because all of a sudden, Labor was scarce and important. This forced about a mercantile class of shippers and traders that the elite grudgingly accepted. In the most progressive areas -- we saw the greatest decrease in the relative wealth of the elites.

The Industrial Revolution required lots of coal and machine energy. The Computer Revolution and Internet Revolution came with their own new efficiencies. But WHAT is there to create a new "economic revolution" but Green Energy -- which is being snubbed at every turn in the USA?

The UN is not the threat. We safely ignore it unless there is some proclamation that allows us to invade Iraq or Libya. Kind of like telling a dog to lick his nether regions -- it's not a hard sell...

>> The idea of an "external threat" is nothing new. It can be used for good or ill and usually it's used to control people and rip them off. How many decades have we been threatening Iran and kept their corrupt Theocracy in power? And didn't the BIGGEST crook crowing about the Iranian threat not help arm the Anti-American factions (That would be George H W Bush for those who didn't remember Iran/Contra). Is THAT a Communist faction?

We are in debt to corporations and other nations -- just like the people of other nations are in debt to other nations corporations. Spain has bought up toll roads in the US -- because it's safer collateral than Treasury Notes,... and I can imagine that people in Spain, probably work at some company that ships profits overseas.

A BIGGER THREAT than one world government -- is the constant Balkanization, Patriotism, and PHONY Crisis of waring nations we've been living through. China is supposed to be some threat, that we have to spend trillions on for Aircraft Carriers, a Pentagon, and NORAD -- to name a few. All of which failed to stop the biggest threats to our nation; the military itself. GE and GM have plants being built in China -- they have no loyalty to us. Yet THEY build weapons for us at a profit.

There is no security threat you have "speculated on" that exceeds what we have right now; an indentured state. We have mysterious enemies of Al Qaeda and Hackers and whatever that pop up and go "Boo!" And our government throws a Trillion dollars at whoever failed to stop the threat while we can't afford school teachers.

Meanwhile, Obama negotiates away Social Security, in exchange for a Unicorn. The "Debt Ceiling" is paying debts already incurred. It would be raised merely because of the interest on the Bush governments debts --and merely expiring his tax cuts and leaving Iraq and Afghanistan would "solve the greatest threat to our sovereignty". Seems like a pretend battle where everybody is working against us.

>> But fearing Taxes is nonsense. If you do NOT pay for those Aircraft carriers, prisons and roads with a tax -- you pay for it with debt. And INTEREST ON DEBT ends up devaluing the money in your pocket -- it is a bigger TAX that is paid later. The people who benefit from the wars are Oil Barons and Weapons Dealers and mercenaries -- NOT YOU. So you end up paying a tax for the benefit of freeloading rich people, who commit your country to wasteful energy and wasteful wars.

>> In the Middle Ages, they called this; "Castle Building." Whenever the people would grumble about taxes, the other kingdom would stage a battle. Everyone would run to the castle for safety. Some knights would come out and challenge the noblemen of the other country and a duel would take place. RARELY did knights get killed -- they would be captured, and ransomed back. The relieved citizens would happily pay to expatriate the hero and start getting to work adding more heavy blocks to the castle walls -- THEIR castle, though they'd never sleep inside them until the next attack.

That's what the USA and our military are; a pretend Castle, to protect us from other Castle's and other crooks.

>> So the Fascists want to protect you from the Communist Wolves? The only thing that protects you right now is that the lions can only eat so much so quickly. They digested the third-world and now they are onto your neighbors. If you are gainfully employed and have enough money to set-aside for retirement and a vacation now and then, and your 401K didn't tank -- congratulations. But the Lions will be hungry again, and you are the next meal.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by tezzajw

Originally posted by Cobra.EXE
personally i think these documents should be printed out and placed on every doorstep in america. the time is now,

Yeah, but unless there's a catchline like 'Full HD 60" PLASMA TV only $150!!!' printed above them, do you think that most people would read them?

The NWO machine trundles onwards and forwards.

Forget about the NWO -- it's the Old World Order that you should be concerned with.

The Old World Order -- or Robber Barons, have had the lions share of control in America for most of its existence. Occasionally, we get a brief respite -- like between 1945 and 1985. People act as if being in America were ALWAYS the most awesome thing. No, for much of our history, there were a lot of dirt poor people -- but at least there was a lot of arable crop land and a farmer didn't have to starve.

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join