It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO Sighting Over Kentucky Of Flying Disk And Several Orbs Near Storm Clouds, June 23 2011, Photos

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 10:16 AM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/0fea7feaaee3.jpg[/atsimg]

Eyewitness states: "I was taking a few pictures of some storm clouds and when I down loaded they appeared in the pictures." "We were having severe storm warnings about all day. That evening the clouds begin to break up and there were some beautiful cummulis clouds behind the house with the suns rays shining thourgh the clouds.So I decided to get my camera and take some pictures.These pictures were taken within 1 minute and 30 seconds.When I went back into the house and down loaded the pictures onto my computer I notice there were some objects in several pictures. One oject was disc shape and the other was shape like a cigar/ cylinder shape."

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ea980d3013d0.jpg[/atsimg]

Just came across these pretty interesting photos, anyone have any ideas if these are legit?
To me they look like cigar shaped UFO's like commonly reported
Click on the link for a better look at the pics

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/0cf7418be8bb.jpg[/atsimg]

LI NK

edit on 25/6/11 by Freedom_is_Slavery because:

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Looks like a blimp. And, I see nothing in those clouds, but clouds.

edit on 25-6-2011 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Freedom_is_Slavery

All of the reports of the cigar shaped UFO sightings I've come across all have a common characterist - They all claim that these things are HUGE. The lenght of two aircraft carriers in one report. "At least a quarter of a mile long" in another report. Every cigar shaped UFO report I have read all comment on this common trait.

The objects in the picture above do not look that big. They are in front of clouds that appear to me to be pretty low in the atmosphere, so distance does not play a part here. Those things are small.

edit on 25-6-2011 by deanGI5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 10:36 AM
link   
I'm no expert but the objects do not look super imposed on the pictures. What the objects are though I have no idea. I'm sure cigar shaped craft are consistently reported to be pretty huge? Bigger than that anyway.

Who knows. I certainly don't.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Looks like this type of weather balloon, which makes sense because they are storm clouds.

edit on 6/25/2011 by Adyta because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 11:14 AM
link   
That is definitely a blimp! Speaking of which, I could definitely go for a blimpie sandwich right now =D. But I can see why you just posted all of these photos, its pretty interesting. I really want to have a UFO encounter one of these days! ahh

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Adyta

Over 50 years since Roswell and you guys are still saying "weather balloon"

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

... but it is.

Someone posted a picture above, shape is the same, size is the same..

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon
reply to post by Adyta

Right, because of the fact that the weather balloon explanation is used so often it couldn't possibly be true. Is the idea of a weather balloon being released into a storm cloud that unbelievable?

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

I've got a question - since Roswell was explained away as a weather balloon (which it wasn't), does that make all weather balloons a UFO? Including the one from the OP?

edit on 25-6-2011 by ch1n1t0 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Agreed...it's a blimp!

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by ch1n1t0
I've got a question - since Roswell was explained away as a weather balloon (which it wasn't), does that make all weather balloons a UFO? Including the one from the OP?

yes

next question

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 10:04 PM
link   
If it's a blimp, it's simple enough to verify it. A blimp is just like any other aircraft and has to file a flight plan with the FAA. You have a date and time, check with FAA and see if a blimp was in the area that day and time. I'm betting there wasn't.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Freedom_is_Slavery

Looks like a plane to me:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/882ccad9b300.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/109080bd039c.jpg[/atsimg]
www.schemedesigners.com...

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 11:39 PM
link   

reply to post by Adyta

Had me in stitches, nice one zorgon.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 12:11 AM
link   
I think all we are seeing is, indeed, what many other members have said; a weather balloon. The close-up's of the original picture are inconclusive when it comes to the first object which is purportedly the 'flying disk' but the second close-up pretty much shows us the exact shape and design and possibly the correct size of a weather balloon taking into consideration how far up it was and so on. I highly doubt its a plane - its not remotely close to being shaped like one.
edit on 26-6-2011 by ProfessorT because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 12:14 AM
link   
reply to post by this_is_who_we_are

Smokin-Hot Burn,...

Nice job!!!

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by ch1n1t0

yes

next question

I asked whether every weather balloon is a UFO. You replied with a picture showing the different types of weather balloons out there. That by itself, is a contradiction to your answer, because as per the photo you bring as evidence - "No, not every weather balloon is a UFO, because some are B2 bombers, etc.". Flawed logic, sir. Flawed logic. Well, a not so successful attempt at funniness, but still a decent try

edit to add - Oh, yeah, except the one with swamp gas.

As for the OPs picture, it still looks like a blimp... oops, weather balloon. Either way, if it didn't disappear in a blink of an eye, zoomed accross the sky, vibrated at amazing rate, no sudden manouvers and any odd unconventional behaviour, etc. I don't think we have ourselves a case of something that can't be easily explained. Oh, and the provided photos till now actually prove my statement to a point.

edit on 26-6-2011 by ch1n1t0 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 12:26 AM
link   
It sure would be nice to have anything in the photo to give some sense of how far away this object is. There is no way to with the picture as is. It "looks" very distant or very small or both but there is nothing to gauge it against except the cloud. It does have a very blimpish shape or could be a small aircraft being seen from a very oblique angle.

As far as "orbs" go, if I could toss my sneakers high enough in the air someone would call them orbs.

top topics

join