It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would YOU want End of the World?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 05:47 AM
link   
Despite putting this into 2012 forum, there are actually 2 possible dates:
1. 28 october 2011
2. 21 december 2012

It may be either first one, or second one. Or none at all. But that is not important.
What is important is this...
Would YOU want End of the World? And why? And how would you want life on Earth end?
My opinion: Yes, I would like End of the World. And why? Well, I will write this couple of lines below. And how would I want life on Earth to end? NIBIRU! Can you even imagine seeing on sky another sun? And it getting closer and closer? Perhaps even seeing other planets around him. WOW. That must be something. Just imagine seeing what other generations before us could not see. Would you not be honored to live during times like these? I know I would. I do not look at end of the world as me not able to live any longer, even if I wanted to, but as an event that is so unique, and actually being part of it. Seeing it all with my own eyes. I believe in reincarnation, and if such thing is heading our way (either Nibiru or other possible scenarios), I believe my soul has chosen to be reincarnated into this vessel for a reason. To experience ELE.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 06:00 AM
link   
You know a lot of people get these phrases mixed up really badly.

End of the World.
End of Mankind.

I don't care what scenario comes about, the chances of it being the end of Earth would be incredibly unlikely.

So to get back to the question, I don't really think many people want the End of Earth of the End of Man, what they really want is the End of Most of Man. They want a return to the basics, agrarian life, zero government, survival off of the Earth itself, total freedom. That is really the dream that spurs all these desires for apocalypse. It's the same as the dream of being the first people to arrive on a new planet. So yes, I think I wouldn't mind a semi-apocalypse.
edit on 25-6-2011 by Tephra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 06:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Farnhold

I'd prefer to live, thank you very much.

However, if this stupid "Nibiru/ascension" thing does happen hopefully it only effects those who want it to happen, thus leaving the world that is left a more sane and tolerable place to live.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 06:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Tephra

I agree with your statement. Wouldn't want the whole of Earth to be destroyed nor all of mankind. I would like to see mankind back to the basics. Internet is great but no one actually talks to each other anymore. Despite not knowing if I would live through the primary destruction. I would still like to see the world where man is again living and working with it as opposed to destroying it...
Therian

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 06:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Therian

yes i would like the world to end as we know it so that i can feel free to live on this earth as god intended in peace
loving one another and without all the problems associated with technology greed and money and cars and all that junk nobody needs it to live a good life people are so scared to be normal that they would rather have the tyrannical govt make our lives and turning us into robots so that we may never know what its like to actually hibernate in winter instead of working around the clock for uncle sam thats right our bodies are meant to take 3 to 4 months off every year because of cold weather .
i would just like to live like what i am a human being and not try to become this superbeing that claim to have answers for everything i know we have the answers so why do we need our master s we do not need them i say the hell with it let it come the unjust and greedy and weak humans will die and the p[lanet will again belong to the meek

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 06:15 AM
link   

can we just get rid of the idiots who believe in 2012 scaremongering ?

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 06:18 AM
link   
it suprises me how many people want the world to end... these people must really have crappy lives to want it to all end.. along with billions of others including friends loved one's..

my advice to these people is to get of the internet, go outside into the fresh air and start enjoying your life...

what a ridiculous question... do you want the world to end? the answer is an obvious NO... and not just for my sake but for the other billions of humans who inhabit this planet...

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 06:20 AM
link   
This list would be more important if you talked about the opposite, people who want the world to continue forever. Theres no shortage of people wanting others to die for something petty or deusional. How many are there on the opposite end? Which path is wide and which is narrow?

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 06:32 AM
link   
Humanity has done nothing but destroye each other and this planet only within the last hundred years.
The world is not going to end. It will continue to spin around the sun, and life will continue to grow and evolve from whatever, but the end of our selfishness and self destructive life style.. yes. Yes I do wish it will end... and I hope that I am alive to witness it all go down.
It seems exciting to me...

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 06:42 AM
link   

I don't believe the world will end anytime soon, but you never know......Personally I don't want the world to end ,I have learned to value life and to live as long as you possibility can. Working at a Funeral Home has changed my outlook on life tremendously ,you only get one life so enjoy it .

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 06:54 AM
link   
People always tend to get mad at me when I speak about this, but I think if earth had feelings, she's hate humans.

The ones who make decisions, and have the means to DO, are greedy, disgusting, and suffering from sever capitalistic tunnel vision. It's cheaper to dump in the ocean, than to bury, or dispose of in a way that poses no environmental thread. We've made these oceans look like a damn horror movie in some places. Oil, trash, nuclear waste, discarded vaccines, yet we think we're entitled to living forever.

I love this planet, not the NYC, Atlanta part, but the wide open meadow with morning dew and a nice mist. Where animals aren't afraid the come out of their nests, dens, and burrows.
Where trees can just BE without having to be torn down in mass.

I wish there was another way for our species to learn, but I honestly fear that a large scale population reduction by NATURAL causes would be the only way. Those of us who speak up, get nowhere.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 07:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by ignorant_ape

Actually we need to get rid of the three main religions, Christians, Catholics, and Muslims, they are all about hate, violence, and war, we take them out, we get rid of everything we despise. Next I would like all internet and technology, yes cellphones gone! Then any type of entertainment, to wake people up! Once this happens we can actually live in a peaceful world! One can only hope!

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 07:10 AM
link   
Rather than an end of the world in 2012 I would prefer a new beginning without all the hate and war.
You could call it peace and freedom, sounds like utopia but this is a thing to strive for.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 07:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Faery34majick

Originally posted by ignorant_ape

Actually we need to get rid of the three main religions, Christians, Catholics, and Muslims, they are all about hate, violence, and war, we take them out, we get rid of everything we despise. Next I would like all internet and technology, yes cellphones gone! Then any type of entertainment, to wake people up! Once this happens we can actually live in a peaceful world! One can only hope!

Not the Jews? That's not fair...

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 10:40 AM
link   
I don't want the world to end, I just want it to change for the better. Alot better. We have overpopulation, wars, famine, pollution, extreme unemployment, economic collapse, corrupt government, etc. etc. I just don't see hope in that happening though.

edit on 25-6-2011 by tinker9917 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 10:45 AM
link   
The universe just wouldn't be the same if you destroyed all of mankind. We need to build intergalactic civilizations and spread out among the universe. Then we can destroy whole worlds and have large battles in space among competing civilizations as conflicts develop. Then after the battles are over with, we can pick up the pieces and rebuild to do it all over again. I hope we don't stay stuck on this one planet. We could be the life of the universe party.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 10:04 PM
link   
I want all of the truly evil people to leave. I love humanity too much to wish to see everyone gone.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by orionthehunter

Why stop at just destroying whole worlds? Let's up the ante and destroy entire stars. I'm sure if we work hard enough we can eventually destroy whole galaxies.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 11:27 PM
link   
It would be kind of ironic if every so many millions of years a species makes its way up to this level and based on their behavior they either do one of two things, they evolve into mammals that swim in the ocean, or they become cockroaches!

Makes you wonder which one we would become? hummmmmm, tough one! LOL

As for me, well, I am a firm believer now of the "End Times" as viewed by John of Patmos, and I see it all as "Literal" and not esoteric at all. America is the Whore of Babylon as written in Rev 17, there is no other Nation who all other Nations have been made drunk off of. Everyone profited by America because of the Almighty Dollar!

It will all end in one day! Just one! Nothing obscure about that, nothing hidden, simply one day it will be over for America!

I also think it will be very soon.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Personally, I don't want it to end, but I do want it to change. Unfortunately, drastic things need to happen for that to take place. Everything needs to be reset, back to 0 so to speak. Kind of like Fight Club.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join