It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hell on earth

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   
It is time we all awoken from this sombre. Do you not realise, have you never wondered why life seems to go from bad to worse in general, it is because we are already in hell. This is hell, we tollerate it because it is all we know but we are here for a test of god to see if we will carry on to believe in the almighty. Earth sucks but I know that we will have a place in heaven if we choose the path of goodness.

Peace

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by michael1983l

if this is hell it cant get any worse, right?

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Hell on earth? That is being married to the wrong woman. There is nothing worse, except the hell you go through trying to divorce her.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by fireysnowman29

Hell is different for every person. But I suppose your right.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Where's the love mate? I just had a baby boy this is heaven for me, I think its people perception that outlook our lives.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Roach: You know this "Hell on Earth" business? Big f****** deal - I've got hemmorhoids

Demon Kight.

All I got to say on the subject.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   

lol thoughts of an emotional high school kid, right there. but it's a kewl thought... puts satanists in an odd spot, however xD peace and love

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   
What ever happened to the old saying "You can make your hell or heaven right here on earth"?

Seems to be true...in a matter of speaking...for example: An above poster says that marrying the wrong woman can be hell...and it might be countered with marrying the right woman can be heaven.

Divorcing someone can be hell...I think a divorce can be heaven if your living in hell being married to someone that makes life hell.

Catch-22 here...I believe in existence after this life (call it heaven if you want) but I also believe that we can determine our own happiness here most...and that is the key...most of the time.

So is it hell on earth...maybe...but then I say the miracles that happen here each day for millions of people may say it is touched with God's own hand. I guess it is all in personal perception...or so it would seem.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Right now you are experiencing heaven - hell is soon to come.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Life is far from perfect. We have death, suffering, illness, corruption, and sin. But life was never meant to be perfect.

It's far from hell, though, IMO. There is love, beauty, holding your new born child in your arms, holding the hand of your soul mate, enjoying holidays with friends and family.

Sitting in a green, grassy field under a clear blue sky at the park with your dog. Eating your favorite food. Watching the sparkle in your childrens' eye on Christmas morning.

Even the stuff that seems scary and hard now, remember it is all for a reason. Maybe that broken heart you suffered was making you just right for your true love.

Maybe that job you were downsized from is what made you available to accept that new job position you never would have known about had you not been unemployed and looking at the want ads.

Maybe that friend who backstabbed you really wasn't that much of a friend to begin with.

Life is what you make of it. I wouldn't say we live in Hell on Earth or Heaven. It's just a place we're passing through. Or as my optimistic husband tells me when I'm in a grumpy mood, 'Happiness is not a destination you reach- it's the journey.'

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   

If i as a atheist is wrong then yeah that seems to be the most likely scenario.
Life on Earth to me does indeed seem very much like hell.
It seems like only a minority on this planet dosent suffer in one way or another.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by jerryznv
What ever happened to the old saying "You can make your hell or heaven right here on earth"?

Seems to be true...in a matter of speaking...for example: An above poster says that marrying the wrong woman can be hell...and it might be countered with marrying the right woman can be heaven.

Divorcing someone can be hell...I think a divorce can be heaven if your living in hell being married to someone that makes life hell.

Catch-22 here...I believe in existence after this life (call it heaven if you want) but I also believe that we can determine our own happiness here most...and that is the key...most of the time.

So is it hell on earth...maybe...but then I say the miracles that happen here each day for millions of people may say it is touched with God's own hand. I guess it is all in personal perception...or so it would seem.

So what about the BILLIONS that grow up in poor third world countries and pretty much starve throughout their short lifetime??
We are one of the lucky ones in this world and even alot of us arent happy with life.

The simple fact is that there is more suffering than love and happiness.
edit on 24-6-2011 by juleol because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Life is GREAT!

It all depends on your perspective and your ability to see the positive side of everything.

You cannot depress me oh shallow one. I've had such a good day working in my workshop and in the sun making beautiful things for beautiful people in a beautiful place. Life IS good, sorry yours doesn't make you feel the same.

And I do it all without god.

Sure, there's cr*p in the world, but if nobody takes the time to see the better things then what's the point in fighting the cr*p to enjoy them.

Cheer up, and don't let yourself get sucked into the mainstream doom and gloom that is put upon us by society to make society feel better.

If not, well......get yourself off to heaven and leave us to it eh?

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by juleol

Precisely, if God was caring we would live our lives without stress, unfortunately I think that the dark forces has just as much influence as god has whilst we are on this earth, which is why it is a test. As long as tou make peoples lives better rather than worse then god will have a place for you

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by nerbot

I solute you, I wish I was as lucky as you

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by michael1983l
reply to post by nerbot

I solute you, I wish I was as lucky as you

Luck has nothing to do with it.

Choices my friend, choices.....

And years of personal hell to understand how to make them well.

Perhaps "fortunate" might be a good word to use.
edit on 24/6/2011 by nerbot because: stuff

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by nerbot

Good I rellay do hope that you live your life as it should be. I really do wish everybody would live it to its maximum. Its what we are here for.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by juleol

So what about the BILLIONS that grow up in poor third world countries and pretty much starve throughout their short lifetime??
We are one of the lucky ones in this world and even alot of us arent happy with life.

The simple fact is that there is more suffering than love and happiness.

Well like I said...I think perception is the key.

Growing up poor and in a third world country sure does seem bad compared to the American way of life doesn't it? But you know...they have things they give value to in those poor third world countries that we as Americans have missed out on since the founding of our country. I happen to think that monetary value is a lot different than real value...and being poor is not necessarily unhappy at all.

I don't know what you mean by we are the lucky ones...I suppose you mean us that have some money and are not starving. Lucky because I really don't know that it is lucky at all...I think people have certain advantages that others don't, but I also think we are losing more than we ever gained. Yes I am not starving...what luck!

I don't know about more suffering than love...I don't think so. We live in a very fallen world and it is full of pain for certain, but the love that is still alive in this world far outweighs the hurt in my opinion. The strength in love and the the things that can be overcome with it make its power ten times more valuable.

I do understand what your saying...there does seem like a lot of unending pain and suffering in the world...but you can be certain it is for a purpose...who can ever know joy if they have not known pain?
edit on 24-6-2011 by jerryznv because: ...

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 12:24 AM
link   

It is time we all awoken from this sombre. Do you not realise, have you never wondered why life seems to go from bad to worse in general, it is because we are already in hell. This is hell, we tollerate it because it is all we know but we are here for a test of god to see if we will carry on to believe in the almighty. Earth sucks but I know that we will have a place in heaven if we choose the path of goodness.

Peace

If you were sitting on a sofa in Vegas with a coffee table full of coc aine and cash in front of you it might alter your perception.
I have NEVER seen a person in that position complain about anything.
DISCLAIMER: I HAVE NEVER EVEN SEEN A PERSON IN THAT POSITION

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Peace

Yes..I believe in this dimension....this is one level of hell. Choose to be evil or good....I choose the good.

top topics

join