It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Predatory' cigarette marketing to U.S. black youth: study

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

Ive been dabbling in local govt for 5 or so yrs.. no way can I lead these nutjobs, much less deal with them on a daily basis. LOL! I ran the local crime stoppers and was involved with a few things.. but then got sick of BS.. mainly corruption treated like business as usual. No one likes a by-the-book type.
Now Im just working in Victims Advocacy and trying to do something with the homeless/elderly issue here.Spare time stuff. IMO it takes someone a lot more willing to tow a line or play the game than I am. Hell, I dont even understand the game half the time!

Your kind post made my ego happy, but at the end of the day.. Id rather gouge my own eyeballs out than lead folks. Its that whole herding cats thing... the thought of it gives me IBS.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 06:47 PM
link   
I would think growing up poor would be incentive NOT to smoke. I mean, smoking costs money. From what I've seen, a lot of money. I didn't grow up in the ghetto, or anything like that, but definitely what many would consider "poor". It never occured to me to smoke, I couldn't afford to.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Advantage

Well thank you, that last post cracked me up! IBS! I used to feel your pain sister.

And yet, somehow, I miss it.....odd.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by -W1LL

You've touched the very tip of the iceberg with this one man. Findings like these in my opinion lend credence to the idea that "crack was introduced into minority neighborhoods to destroy the black population." If you take all of these events into account along with Margaret Sangers Planned Parenthood sham, then you see a complete picture. There is a secret war against the black population in this country.

Sanger's other colleagues included avowed and sophisticated racists. One, Lothrop Stoddard, was a Harvard graduate and the author of The Rising Tide of Color against White Supremacy. Stoddard was something of a Nazi enthusiast who described the eugenic practices of the Third Reich as "scientific" and "humanitarian." And Dr. Harry Laughlin, another Sanger associate and board member for her group, spoke of purifying America's human "breeding stock" and purging America's "bad strains." These "strains" included the "shiftless, ignorant, and worthless class of antisocial whites of the South."

www.blackgenocide.org...

She spoke at KKK rallies under the guise of "womens rights" and "free choice." She was a racist and eugenicist
and here's something straight from her own mouth. She wrote this in a letter.

We should hire three or four colored ministers, preferably with social-service backgrounds, and with engaging personalities. The most successful educational approach to the Negro is through a religious appeal. We don't want the word to go out that we want to exterminate the Negro population. and the minister is the man who can straighten out that idea if it ever occurs to any of their more rebellious members

and here's a really funny skit that illustrates the idea that the C.I.A. were the ones that manufactured and distributed crack coc aine to the American populace. ( And no I can't prove that the C.I.A. made crack, all I can do is state my opinion.)
youtu.be...

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by kaiode1

And Sanger is one of Hillary Clintons heros. That came out of her mouth as well.

I thought people were supposed to be slapped for spouting stupid *snip*.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by -W1LL'Predatory' cigarette marketing to U.S. black youth: study

Funny, as a child growing up and all the way to being the 34 year old I am now, I never once seen a billboard with african americans on a cigarett ad. Nor do I ever recall there being black people in cigarett commercials. All I saw was white people. Im white, I smoked. Im smart, I quit.

Oddly, out of all the advertisements Ive seen for smokes, there were people at the beach, or on NASCAR cars. And I hate to "label" or use stereotypes, but from what Ive heard, black people "cant swim" and "hate NASCAR".

Ontop of that, I say throughout my life, Ive had rougly 50 black friends, most of which as a youth into early adulthood, and not one of them smoked.

Sooooooo, with that, I call BS.
edit on 24-6-2011 by BrnBdry because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 11:24 PM
link   
Oh, boo-freakin'-hoo. Once again, Blacks just have to blame everybody else for their goddamned problems. But regardless of who's to blame, how about getting off their damned asses and actually doing something about it instead of just constantly bitching?

And they wonder why they're not very well-liked........

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 07:41 AM
link   
reply to post by BrnBdry

they advertise based on demographics. so depending on where you grew up is what advertising you will see.
you can call BS all you want but you obviously have not seen much of the U.S.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by -W1LL
reply to post by BrnBdry

they advertise based on demographics. so depending on where you grew up is what advertising you will see.
you can call BS all you want but you obviously have not seen much of the U.S.

Ummmm, national commercials arent based on demographical location. Nice try tho.
edit on 25-6-2011 by BrnBdry because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 08:39 AM
link   
No one is forcing them to smoke.

This is just BS by the anti smoking people to stir up trouble.

People smoke because they want to not because some forced them or used marketing.
Marketing is just to get them to smoke the brand the company is selling. They are not beating people to force them to smoke.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tippys Dad
I would think growing up poor would be incentive NOT to smoke. I mean, smoking costs money. From what I've seen, a lot of money. I didn't grow up in the ghetto, or anything like that, but definitely what many would consider "poor". It never occured to me to smoke, I couldn't afford to.

I am black and I don't smoke anything.

This is a eugenics plan to exterminate blacks and the poor. If your useless to the corporate machine then your just wasting their resources and you need to die/be sterilized.

complete madness.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by AngryOne

It's funny how you make sweeping generalizations about an entire group of people. We're denying ignorance are we not?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join