It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

where am i?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by loves a conspiricy
The simplest, quickest answer is.......

NO ONE knows yet.....the mind and brain are separate, but where the mind resides is a mystery .

In the "self".

The self is as big or small as each of us wants or feels it to be, and changes constantly. Small and inconspicuous, massive and encompassing the universe. You choose.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 01:13 AM
link   
Remind me of ancient philosophy in here asking about where you are? which one are you?. If i said this is me, point to my arm and then imagine if i cut my hand and throw it away, where i am, and which one? Say me is my head, my arm, my chest will be the same, even my whole body is just properties of me, just mine like my chair.

Then the answer start open a bit that who am i is the one who own this body. The answer is where then. To own things and can operate it so the real me is inside my body. Then they said find yourself inside, defeat all bad things from your hart, the sickness of heart. Purify my heart and my thought, and try to make what i think in my mind and feel in my heart, what i said and what i do are the same thing. And do it every time. A path to become a knight. After achieve all that, find my own self within, the question is if something want to find something, this 2 things must be not the same. Heart, mind, and my body with all 5 senses will be the one who search the real me, search the one that "owned and operate " those.

Elderly said, the journey will start when i can seeing myself after know it where. To let myself in and to pull myself out. I must be be able to die before im dead, separated between heart, mind, body and consciouseness and then the other journey will begin, to identified the consciousness into parts and so on until i can reach the core of myself.
Then other journey will start, to know about this world and the law of nature. Know the concept of time and space. In this level, i will know things before it happens but also know "fixed script" and "changeable script" of life. Now my position and know the role of my life.

Just share from old tradition in here that these days hard to find anymore.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 01:39 AM
link   
I once asked myself a very similar seies of questions ie
Am I my Body

Am I my feelings?

Am I my memories?

Am I my emotions?

Am I my thoughts?

Am I my sensations?

Am I my hearing?

Am I my sight?

What am I?

At this point I felt i left my body.

I believe it is a SUFI or Kabbalistic method?

Regardless it is very powerful.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 02:36 AM
link   
reply to post by mkkkay

mkkkay,

consciousness is a fluke, an evolutionary mistake that has been overrated ever since we became aware of it (
).

I think the initial plan was to use the over-capacity of our brain to create a form of "watch dog". A system that can overlook the correct functioning of the brain and resolve potential conflicts. In other words, a brain within a brain. Since an actual, physical separation of the brain according to this plan would have taken too long, like a schizophrenic, our brain created a fictional identity for the unused brain cells. The conscious mind only had to be tricked into believing it is a separate system....

And it's (the conscious mind) pretty freaking consistent in convincing itself it is the most important component in the whole equation.

So whenever you are questioning what, when, where, how, who and why....remember it is just a function of your brain to keep you occupied.

Where you are? Fact of the matter is, you are. That's all that matters. The rest is just passing time...

Peace

Disclaimer: No science or education was used during the creation of this post. It's based on nothing more than speculation and Jack Daniels.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 07:37 AM
link   
You are everywhere and you are in everything and you are everything. It's as simple as that.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join