It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Totemic figure in front of entrance of a temple...on Mars?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Weird image gather from Mars. A strange structure, like a portal or an entrance of an ancient temple with pillars and a more strange figure like a totemic statue (or a Moai) just in front of the entrance. It seems crouched or sat and you can clearly see its'eyes open wide.

The "Temple Area"

The "Entrance"

The "Totemic figure"

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 08:21 AM
link   
Can Martians float? You seem to be an expert on them, so if they cannot float, then how do they access their temple in the side of a cliff?

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 08:28 AM
link   
reply to post by SpongeBeard

I assume they have flying machines lol

But as much as I think theres dodgey dealings on mars, Im not seeing much of an entrance here.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 08:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Arken

i see what may look like ruins but no alien...can you please post a pic and circle the area of discussion?

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpongeBeard
You seem to be an expert on them

Thanks for "the expert". How do you know...............??

so if they cannot float, then how do they access their temple in the side of a cliff?

Cataclysm on Mars eons ago that wiped out their ancient civilization?

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 08:30 AM
link   
Why would they need to float? If that really is a statue, then it seems there is plenty of room to walk past it. It also looks like stairs going into the "temple."

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Can Martians float? You seem to be an expert on them, so if they cannot float, then how do they access their temple in the side of a cliff?

The planet underwent massive geophysical changes. If that was or still is a temple or base entrance, and it does look like a canditate, it could have been ground level at one point. Then there are crafts.
edit on 24-6-2011 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Artorius
reply to post by Arken

i see what may look like ruins but no alien...can you please post a pic and circle the area of discussion?

Of course.

The Entrance

The Totemic "crouched" figure

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Well I always thought mars was hit by or current moon, which destroyed a good portion of its crust as the moon took it with it. Makes sense given the difference in crustal thickness on Mars. I fthis is an entrance with statues carved by its sides, it may very well have been at ground level at some point in time.

I just wanted to through this out there but Mars freaks me out because in our mythology it is associated with War, our stories of "martians" almost always has them attacking us aggressively, and a portion of the planet crust is MIA. I personally think that the race from Mars, if there was one, was a nasty one and likely destroyed itself trying to manipulate uncontrollable technology. Who knows, maybe they couldn't control nuclear energy either...

However, i am a firm believer that a race did exist on mars, and that we have been to the planet and seen the ruins underground. Project Montauk is/was very real IMO....

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Temple?

What we're seeing couldn't have anything to do with the whole area being eroding could it?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/8e01e79a9b6a.png[/atsimg]

Nah!

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Yes, I see it.
Also, the style is right on the mark, as all of these ruins, including those on earth, are carved directly into the surroundings.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 08:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

How do you know?

Maybe our blind presumption and excessive self-esteem do not make to see beyond our nose.
Did you?

Nah!

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 08:51 AM
link   
I see no door, temple, totemic icon, But i do see a cliff and a rock.
And for some reason the suspected door looks to be very similar to the other door (not a door) in the photo, or similar to the rest of the cliff face ?

edit on 24/6/11 by Freedom_is_Slavery because: felt like it

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 08:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Arken

Maybe our blind presumption and excessive self-esteem do not make to see beyond our nose.
Did you?

Nah!

Straight back at ya.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 09:03 AM
link   

It's an exit, silly.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 09:09 AM
link   
I dont see a statue or 'temple' entrance anywhere
What youre experiencing is called 'Matrixing', thats when the brain tries to force order out of chaos, your brain thinks it sees a temple entrance or a statue, so you say thats what you see. When you post thats what you see, then others subconsciously see the same thing. It happens alot on paranormal photographs.
Here is another source on Matrixing:
What is Matrixing
Matrixing
More Matrixing

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Arken

thank you...hmmm the picture does resemble what you speak of but could it just be an image artifact/pixelation?? I'm no expert but nobody can say with 100% certainty unless we get some archaeologists to travel there and investigate
Mars is a very mysterious place full of wonders...ignorant people claim its a dead planet and always was, but there judgement is based on images from a satellite (funded/edited by NASA none the less). None of these arrogant "experts" actually traveled to Mars, as far as we know nobody has. Don't get me wrong, I'm not claiming that I have, but certain people on ATS should stop acting like they live there
Star and flag for your efforts
edit on 24-6-2011 by Artorius because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus
reply to post by Arken

Did you?

Nah!

Straight back at ya.

Just behind at ya.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   
I personally don't see anything there. Maybe a lack of imagination though.

However, it wouldn't surprise me in the least if artificial structures and ruins permeated our own solar system. And we may even get hints and clues to their existence. Maybe we already have. But clear pictures of them may be something we never see. At least in our lifetime.

On the other hand, it may just be wishful thinking that there's anything there at all. But I at least like to think there just may be.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Klassified
I personally don't see anything there. Maybe a lack of imagination though.

However, it wouldn't surprise me in the least if artificial structures and ruins permeated our own solar system. And we may even get hints and clues to their existence. Maybe we already have. But clear pictures of them may be something we never see. At least in our lifetime.

On the other hand, it may just be wishful thinking that there's anything there at all. But I at least like to think there just may be.

I do hold a slight hope for such amazing miracles as we are literally some of the first humans in our galaxy (that we know of) looking over images of another planet, evidence that such things are possible - I could see a race becoming so insanely intelligent over a span of millions of years that there could be thousands of sites littered from pluto to mercury, everything from probes to asteroid bases in the belt.

as for the images, Pareidolia? I can see how OP interpreted it as an entrance and statue, but the reality sinks in,
Why would there be a temple on Planet Mars? They would have a different culture, unless it's human (entertaining the idea).

top topics

<<   2 >>

join